Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: M&SG's Custom Textures - Notice 10/12  (Read 162596 times)
TheDevicer
Expert Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor Rising Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: May 11, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »

Do you know of any freeware that does the same? I appreciate the help.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: May 17, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »

Today I've decided to go back to some of my older Brawl hacks, and do some recoloring to them.  Anyway, here's what I did up...

Fighters

Shiny Human Latias

Shiny Human Latios

If you recall the Human Latias and Human Latios texture hacks that I did back over a year ago, I decided to make the shiny variations of the two.  Now, as you can see, the screenshots were taken with the Dolphin Emulator, but I'm quite sure that they'll work on an actual Wii too.  Likewise, the portraits are at a higher quality level, considering that I used an emulator to test them out.

Regarding the Peach hack, just like with the original, all vertex edits are credited to KAZECoyote and LenSho.

Kirby Hats

Shiny Human Latias's Crown

Shiny Human Latios's Hair

Yup, even the Kirby Hat textures that I did up got a good recoloring done.  Now, the equipment colors are based on what the shiny versions of Human Latias and Human Latios wield.

Conclusions

The hacks are now up for download, so be sure to check the Brawl Vault soon.

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: May 21, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »

Man you're probarly the master of texture hacking.

I do accept requests for recolours.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:43 AM »

Do you know of any freeware that does the same? I appreciate the help.

Sorry for not answering your question earlier.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any reliable freeware programs that operate the same way as WinImage.

Man you're probarly the master of texture hacking.

Thanks for the compliment.  Of course, most of my work isn't exactly high quality; I primarily just use simple colors, while it's the stage lighting that makes the colors look different at spots.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: May 24, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

Back to Mario Party 9 again for this next texture hack...

Mario Party 9

Red Koopa Troopa - Download

Basically, it's a Koopa Troopa, who is wearing a red shell and red shoes.  The green shelled Koopas always seem to get more playable roles, so this hack pretty much makes up for that flaw.

Now, unlike my last set of Mario Party 9 hacks, there aren't as many modified icons and portraits for this hack.  This is primarily because most of Koopa Troopa's icons don't show the back of its shell, which is pretty much all that I touched on the model (along with the shoes of course).

Regardless, enjoy.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: June 08, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

Well, I have another texture hack all set up after some hours of work and tests on the edits.  It's back to Brawl again here...

Fighters

Pokemon Contest Princess

I pretty much came up with this texture hack from some images that I've seen.  She's basically a princess who likes to compete in Pokemon Contests, and is a fan of cute Pokemon.  Her sleeveless dress uses a combination of magenta and while colorings, with a heart placed on the chest.  Also, the shoes are given a reddish magenta coloring, along with the crown too.

Credit does go to GameWatching, LookItsLink, LenSho, and DMN666, for the vertex mods, along with some of the textures.  I did have to make a couple adjustments to the model, however.

Anyway, a download is up, so be sure to check the Brawl Vault soon.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: June 14, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »

Another texture hack project has recently been taken care of.  Anyway, here's my next Brawl-related hack...

Fighters

Sailor Cosmos (Rosalina)

This texture hack is based on some digital artworks that I saw at DeviantART.  I basically studied the artworks, and tried to design a texture hack out of them.

Anyway, this is basically Rosalina if she was ever portrayed as a Sailor Scout.  I referred to her as Sailor Cosmos, seeing as Rosalina is the protector of the cosmos.  She does lack the standard tiara, but the crown does make up for it.  The dress did take me a good number of hours to set up though; the pom-poms can be quite annoying to modify.

Vertex edit credits do go to KAZECoyote and LenSho, but I also did some vertex editing touches of my own.

To finish up, be sure to check out the Brawl Vault soon, as a download will be up shortly.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #187 on: June 14, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »

Mario Party 9 hacks? Well [censored], I just might have to get that game now.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »

Almost half a year has passed since the last time I did any texture hacks for Mario Sports Mix.  This next hack makes it up though...

Mario Sports Mix

Grand Yellow White Mage - Download

I basically modified the White Mage's outfit so that it has a yellow coloring.  In a way, it's supposed to be like the polar opposite of the Magic Red White Mage texture hack that I released several months ago.

Now, this texture hack replaces the White Mage's Pure White outfit.  It can't be utilized on the default outfit, due to the fact that the two outfits do not share the same file size.

Anyway, I may have a couple more Mario Sports Mix texture hacks in mind, and they may be for characters that I haven't covered yet.  Nevertheless, enjoy.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #189 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »

I thought she was Daisy colored for a second.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: June 24, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

I've managed to set up a recolor pack for some Brawl hacks that I released in the past.  It operates in a similar manner as the Summer Style Peach recolor pack that I did up back in January.  Anyway, here it is...

Fighters

White Mage Pack

White Mage Pack (Enhanced Breasts)

I basically decided to make a full recolor pack for the White Mage texture hack that I released a couple months back.  The pack comes included with the default, Pure White, and Magic Red colorations that I already did up, along with the new blue, green, and yellow colorations.

Interestingly, it was while I was making this pack that I did up that Grand Yellow White Mage recolor for Mario Sports Mix.

Anyway, like with my Summer Style Peach recolor pack, this pack replaces all of Peach's color slots, which includes the dark and fake versions, along with the portraits and icons from the main menu, group mode, solo mode, and the character roll call.  It also comes included with a Kirby Hat, and a set of TEX0 and PLT0 files are included so that you can manually import the icon and portrait edits yourself.

Now, as you can see, there are two versions of this recolor pack.  The first one is the standard version, while the second one is the enhanced breasts version (for the added sex appeal).

Credits go to LenSho and Ms Spinda for their vertex edits.  In terms of the enhanced breasts version, credits are additionally given to BlackJax96 for his set of vertex edits.

In terms of the files that you'll find in the downloads...

FitKirbyPeach00.pac
    FitPeach00.pac
    FitPeach00.pcs
    FitPeach01.pac
    FitPeach01.pcs
    FitPeach02.pac
    FitPeach02.pcs
    FitPeach03.pac
    FitPeach03.pcs
    FitPeach04.pac
    FitPeach04.pcs
    FitPeach05.pac
    FitPeach05.pcs
    FitPeachDark.pac
    FitPeachDark.pcs
    FitPeachFake.pac
    FitPeachFake.pcs
    InfFace121.brres
    InfFace122.brres
    InfFace123.brres
    InfFace124.brres
    InfFace125.brres
    InfFace126.brres
    selchrcd_common.brres
    Replay.brres
    CharaFaceTex.brres
    MenSelchrFaceB120.brres
    chr0013.brres
    char_bust_tex_lz77.pac
    sc_adv_seal.pac
    sc_sel_event.pac
    sc_selcharacter.pac
    STGCHARAROLL.pac
    STGHEAL.pac
    common5.pac
    mu_menumain.pac

Be sure to check the Brawl Vault soon.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

During the last set of days, I've been doing some size comparison concepts for Smash 4.  However, one of the concepts got my mind thinking about doing a size mod hack.  But doing just that didn't seem interesting enough, so I did up a recolor pack to go with it.  Anyway, here it is...

Fighters

Rosalina Pack

I have done some Rosalina packs in the past, but this one adds an extra twist into the mix.  Along with the texture edits, I've even altered Peach's attributes so that she's taller.

You see, based on the Mario Kart Wii models, the position of the amulet on Peach's chest aligns with Rosalina's belly.  Because of this, I wanted to make Peach taller, just to go with all the Rosalina-related hacks that exist.  Besides, I've always found it to be quite unusual for any Rosalina-related hack to be rather short; the image on the far right depicts the size changes on Peach, comparing her height to King Dedede, before, and after the size mod is implemented.  Basically, she's now a bit taller than Samus, while still being shorter than Ganondorf.

The pack contains two different size mods; the one inside the "Standard" folder only alter's Peach's size; the one inside the "Extra Moveset Mod" folder adds some additional improvements.  For a full list of attribute changes...

Code:
    Offset: Attribute value; SSE Attribute value

Standard\pf\fighter\peach\FitPeach.pac
    0x0b4: 1.2; 1.2
    0x0b8: 1.275; 1.275
    0x1f8: 11.15; 11.15
    0x204: 15.75; 15.75
    0x208: -10.5; -10.5
    0x20c: 10.5; 10.5
    0x218: 13.75; 13.75
    0x21c: -10.5; 10.8

Extra Moveset Mod\pf\fighter\peach\FitPeach.pac
    0x008: 1; 0.91
    0x01c: 1.414; 1.27872
    0x038: 2.2; 2.596
    0x040: 1.7; 1.7
    0x048: 1; 1
    0x074: 0.3; 0.3
    0x07c: 1.222; 1.1388
    0x0b0: 100; 100
    0x0b4: 1.2; 1.2
    0x0b8: 1.275; 1.275
    0x1f8: 11.15; 11.15
    0x204: 15.75; 15.75
    0x208: -10.5; -10.5
    0x20c: 10.5; 10.5
    0x218: 13.75; 13.75
    0x21c: -10.5; 10.8

In terms of the extra changes that are implemented onto the moveset file inside the "Extra Moveset Mod" folder...

1: Faster walking speed; now tied with Lucario
    2: Faster running speed; now tied with Lucario and Falco
    3: Jumps higher; now tied with Lucario
    4: Improved mid-air jump; now tied with Wario
    5: Air mobility increase; now tied with Wario
    6: Major air speed increase; now tied with Wario and Wolf
    7: Weight increase; now tied with Lucario

Now, do be advised that because I've modified Peach's attributes, the size mods are bound to desync Wi-Fi, especially since the size increase does make Peach a bigger target.  Additionally, the size mods affect ALL the color slots.

With the size mods out of the way, like with my other packs, I've done a set of Rosalina recolors, which does include the fake and dark versions; the recolors are on the simple side though.  I even added the Cosmic Spirit, which replaces the blue color slot; the Cosmic Spirit contents are inside the "Cosmic Spirit" folder.  Toad has been altered so that his mushroom cap has Grand Star symbols placed on it; I somewhat dubbed him as a Galaxy Toad, seeing as Cosmic Toads were a beta element for Super Mario Galaxy.  This edit is also applied onto Kirby's Rosalina cap.  The Final Smash also gets a makeover, with the Star Bits replacing the flowers.

As usual, the main menu, group mode, solo mode, and character roll call files have been modified to replace almost every one of Peach's icons and portraits, and there are TEX0 and PLT0 files as well, for manual texture replacing.

Vertex edits were done by KAZECoyote and LenSho, so credits to them.

In terms of the files that you'll find in the downloads...

FitKirbyPeach00.pac
    FitPeach.pac
    FitPeach00.pac
    FitPeach00.pcs
    FitPeach01.pac
    FitPeach01.pcs
    FitPeach02.pac
    FitPeach02.pcs
    FitPeach03.pac
    FitPeach03.pcs
    FitPeach04.pac
    FitPeach04.pcs
    FitPeach05.pac
    FitPeach05.pcs
    FitPeachDark.pac
    FitPeachDark.pcs
    FitPeachFake.pac
    FitPeachFake.pcs
    FitPeachFinal.pac
    FitPeachMotionEtc.pac
    InfFace121.brres
    InfFace122.brres
    InfFace123.brres
    InfFace124.brres
    InfFace125.brres
    InfFace126.brres
    selchrcd_common.brres
    Replay.brres
    CharaFaceTex.brres
    MenSelchrFaceB120.brres
    chr0013.brres
    char_bust_tex_lz77.pac
    sc_adv_seal.pac
    sc_sel_event.pac
    sc_selcharacter.pac
    STGCHARAROLL.pac
    STGHEAL.pac
    common5.pac
    mu_menumain.pac

Be sure to check the Brawl Vault soon.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »

Well, I have my next texture hack all taken care of now...

Fighters

Parasoul

I'm not entirely familiar with Skullgirls, but while I was viewing some DeviantART artworks, I came across a Parasoul cosplay, and decided to examine the character further.

The end result had me setting up a texture hack that's based on Parasoul.  Her dress is quite short, so I did have to do some trial and error with the dress.  As for the amulet, seeing as Parasoul has big breasts, I had to alter its size and position on the chest.

The vertex edits were already done by KAZECoyote, LenSho, and BlackJax96.  I removed the crown and earrings with a hex editor, and made sure that the game doesn't crash when the f-air is used; it took me awhile to figure out if I had to alter the polygons or the vertices.

On an additional note, if you look hard enough, you'll notice a Black Egret soldier's head on one of the f-smash tools.

A lot of my sources came from here, if anyone was wondering.  Now I am aware that Epiccip already did a Parasoul hack, but this is just my own personal variation of her.

Anyway, be sure to check the Brawl Vault soon.

LuigiGalaxy530
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: July 30, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »

I was using your Mario Sports Mix Tutorial on MarioMods and when I put in the code into command prompt it told me ERR:  could not open file RMKE01.iso any ideas on how to fix this (I ripped the iso from my wii disc) (also I had to use a cached copy of mariomods because for some reason none of the computers in my house will load up mariomods which is why I didn't post a comment there)
    « Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:41:42 AM by LuigiGalaxy530` » Logged

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: September 12, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »

Ever since I've began doing vertex hacks, things have gone pretty slow in the mere texture hacking department.  Anyway, here's my newest texture hack...

Fighters

Morton Koopa Jr.

Why I haven't done this texture hack sooner is beyond me.  Anyway, I basically recolored Bowser to reference Morton Koopa Jr., one of Bowser's seven Koopalings.  However, because Bowser's face is mirrored, it was impossible for me to implement the star birthmark that Morton has.

Be sure to check the Brawl Vault for this texture hack, as it'll be uploaded as soon as possible.

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14
    Print
    Jump to: