Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: where can i find a fresh copy of a scrubbable brawl ISO?  (Read 6464 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 28, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »

I'm trying to replace files on brawl ISOs so i can boot brawl through my Hard drive on through the wii and use the SD slot for replays

problem was, ISO could not boot if i replaced ANY files, and i was told i needed a fresh rip, not a WBFS rip

WHERE can i find it?  how can i identify one that will work from one that wont?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »

we're not allowed to give links for iso's... sorry, but google is your friend! Happy Face

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:49:42 AM »

we're not allowed to give links for iso's... sorry, but google is your friend! Happy Face
    well at least any pointers as to how i can determine if scrubbing wont break the iso?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »

well at least any pointers as to how i can determine if scrubbing wont break the iso?
    well if u used wiiscrubber on the iso u had, and used scrubbed more than once, then yes that will mess up the iso

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »

well if u used wiiscrubber on the iso u had, and used scrubbed more than once, then yes that will mess up the iso
    its the file replacement that screws it up.. and just ONE replacement renders the iso unbootable by even the emulator

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »

just replace the files there's really no need to scrub it unless your trying to make it smaller. and remember the scrub button is not a create/save button Im srs here

edit: ninja'd lol what wiiscruber version do you use?
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:17:07 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:38:09 AM »

i have the latest version, and ONLY every brawl ISO i obtained has had this defectiveness after replacing just ONE file, I tested every attempt on an emulator before going through the exporting to DVD and HDD for booting on the wii  and the game just doesnt boot, as if i am doing something completely wrong, also wii scrubber gives me io errors while parsing EVERY brawl ISO

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 02:08:53 AM »

well if thats ur case... then u need to change ur settings in Dolphin then. Every dolphin is different and needs different settings for brawl to run.

which Dolphin r u running?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:39:56 AM »

well if thats ur case... then u need to change ur settings in Dolphin then. Every dolphin is different and needs different settings for brawl to run.

even simpler i think it's wii scrubber, the newest versions are not as stable as some of the older ones. i'd give a link to mine but its on my comp wich is currently out of commision for a few more days.  i'll find a link shortly.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 02:43:24 AM »

it boots the brawl ISO BEFORE i file-replace, then as SOON as i file-replace, the thing doesnt boot the iso, it DOES boot everything else and an unmodded brawl iso

even simpler i think it's wii scrubber, the newest versions are not as stable as some of the older ones. i'd give a link to mine but its on my comp wich is currently out of commision for a few more days.  i'll find a link shortly.
    thanks... (as for computer out of commission relations with you, my computer, which ran 32-bit, died, so i can't do SFX hax with smashbox... but by using my parent's computer, i figured out a way to get smashbox runnign on 64-bit machines running ultimate or pro and that's to run them in xp mode on virtural PC)
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:45:49 AM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 02:58:21 AM »

it boots the brawl ISO BEFORE i file-replace, then as SOON as i file-replace, the thing doesnt boot the iso, it DOES boot everything else and an unmodded brawl iso
     thanks... (as for computer out of commission relations with you, my computer, which ran 32-bit, died, so i can't do SFX hax with smashbox... but by using my parent's computer, i figured out a way to get smashbox runnign on 64-bit machines running ultimate or pro and that's to run them in xp mode on virtural PC)

lol i just use my friends comp for most things, but 3ds max, and a few other programs won't work right on it. but comp should be fixed on saturday Cheesy

back on topic: in brawlvault i the resources page they have an older wii scrubber. no real source for it but thats i believe is the most stable version it's here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eonnimwmjmm

and on this page is a link to the one that i use personally. seems to have an issue on a few things but seems good for just replacing files as well as extracting and creating a new partition
    *makes replacing a bunch of textures at once easier but it takes about 30-54 mins
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135884
    *another thing to note is make sure it has partition builder 1.1 in it 1.2 corrupts the iso when used

*last thing to note you don't need to press the scrub button at all for dolphin your likely to hit more issues if you use it.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »

lol i just use my friends comp for most things, but 3ds max, and a few other programs won't work right on it. but comp should be fixed on saturday Cheesy

back on topic: in brawlvault i the resources page they have an older wii scrubber. no real source for it but thats i believe is the most stable version it's here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eonnimwmjmm

and on this page is a link to the one that i use personally. seems to have an issue on a few things but seems good for just replacing files as well as extracting and creating a new partition
    *makes replacing a bunch of textures at once easier but it takes about 30-54 mins
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135884
    *another thing to note is make sure it has partition builder 1.1 in it 1.2 corrupts the iso when used

*last thing to note you don't need to press the scrub button at all for dolphin your likely to hit more issues if you use it.

will let you know if problems  occur

the link leads to multi-boot, which sound like the one i used

(as for using the term scrub, i simply meant mass ammounts of file replacement) Tongue

*EDIT*

the version i HAD the IO problems and corruption with is 1.40 multi-boot
    part builder version is 1.1

when i tried to get help ni the past, i was told that i was using either:
    someone's pre-shrunk ISO (from the net)
    a WBFS rip (from homebrew)
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:18:59 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

then your wii scrubber should work.  if its a preshrunk iso then its already scrubbed and a wbfs rip can be an issue cause it can be corrupted when its transferred back to iso. best bet is to just go buy the game >.> there's plenty of programs to rip the iso from it on ur comp

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »

If you already have the disc and a USB Loader, you can use the USB Loader to rip a copy of the game.

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »

then your wii scrubber should work.  if its a preshrunk iso then its already scrubbed and a wbfs rip can be an issue cause it can be corrupted when its transferred back to iso. best bet is to just go buy the game >.> there's plenty of programs to rip the iso from it on ur comp
    I already have a copy of the game
    (retail disc)

i just want to try booting the hacks on an emulator or the usb loader to use the sd card while using the hacks (and SFX)

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: