Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think of the PSA Assistant?
I really like it. - 4 (80%)
It's useful on occasion. - 0 (0%)
It's okay, I guess... - 0 (0%)
It is flawed and incomplete. - 0 (0%)
Flame - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Higure Hokousha's Tool Library: PSA Assistant Download is Up  (Read 4003 times)
Higure Hokousha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »

Welcome to my new thread, which I have created for the purpose of distributing and showcasing new software that I have created. For now, this thread only includes my new PSA Assistant program. In the future, this will grow to include others.

----------PSA Assistant----------

The PSA Assistant is a program that I have been working on (in one form or another) for a while now. Simply put, it is a general resource to aid in the creation of PSAs. It does not alter Brawl Files in any way, instead acting as a supplementary tool.

Features in v0.5:

Knockback Gauge: The only feature yet added to assist in the creation of hitboxes outside of Flags. It shows knockback growth values of vBrawl hitboxes and visually shows the user how an entered knockback growth value compares.

Text-Based GFX Library: For right now, this is basically just the list of GFX from the Documentation Wiki. In the future, however, it will include standalone gifs of each graphic.

Hitbox Flag Maker and Decoder: This tool allows the user to set up Flags for hitboxes in an accessible format and then converts their selections into the correct Hexidecimal value. It also allows the user to input a Hexidecimal value and will set up the controls to show what the entered Flags Hex will do in-game.

Special Hitbox Flag Maker and Decoder: Does the same as the above, but for Special Collision Flags.

Planned Features:

Complete Hitbox Design Assistance Interface: Will expand to include the Knockback Gauge and several other resources.

Selectable Visual GFX Library

Possible Features:

Flag SFX previewing

PSA Notes: For saving snippets of code and personal notes on events, variables, etc.

---------------------------------

Please send feedback if you use it-be it criticisms, bug reports(I think I got them all, but...), or suggestions for new features (I would like to include everything I can in this. Please understand, however, that I'm not yet skilled enough to modify or read actual Brawl Files.)

I hope my program is of use to you all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:12:28 AM by Higure Hokousha » Logged

My Brawl Tools Library

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34011.0

Tools:

PSA Assistant

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »

will you do me a favor my good man Smiley
    I see you're interested in Brawl Logic.

if you figure out what the data does,
    will you send me some notes on it? Smiley

I'd look myself,
    but I'm much too caught up in figuring out the MDL0 format,
    and in building my converter.

any help what so ever would be much appreciated Smiley

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »

this is just real nice :]

cant wait for the download <3

Stupid Tinypic :C

Higure Hokousha
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »

PSA Assistant has been updated-it now features the up-to-date sounds flags format. I've also updated the Brawlbox link to take you to the development thread. GFX page has been adjusted to show more of the list at one time (still no visual display, however).

The program will likely be discontinued or re-purposed after Brawlbox becomes capable of moveset editing, but I'll maintain it in the meantime.

My Brawl Tools Library

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34011.0

Tools:

PSA Assistant

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: