Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: How to make Battle portraits  (Read 8077 times)
giygue
Expert Kitten

Sorry to keep you waiting!

View Profile Awards
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »

I'm thinking of making some and want to make sure I don't do anything wrong, and there was no tutorial for this so I decided to just flat out ask Kirby Dance, Are there any special requirements to making battle portraits?

LookItsLink
Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=110612
    Basically the same way as CSPs, just make sure that they're 48x56 px (thanks Shadow for the proper dimensions), and indexed properly. And, instead of naming them "character#_big.tga", make them "character#_small.tga".
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, you still place them in the newfiles folder, and after running step2_create, you have to rename the files in the info/portrite folder from "InfFace.####.brres" to "InfFace####.brres" (just remove the first period).
    As usual, rename the common5_en.pac to common5.pac and copy the 3 folders (info, menu, and system) into your pf folder.
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 06:58:29 AM by LookItsLink » Logged

giygue
    Expert Kitten

Sorry to keep you waiting!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »

actually, I edited my step 2 so thet I don't have to rename the InfFace files. Thanks for the info!

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:44:19 PM »

Basically the same way as CSPs, just make sure that they're 48x48 px, and indexed properly. And, instead of naming them "character#_big.tga", make them "character#_small.tga".
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, you still place them in the newfiles folder, and after running step2_create, you have to rename the files in the info/portrite folder from "InfFace.####.brres" to "InfFace####.brres" (just remove the first period).
    As usual, rename the common5_en.pac to common5.pac and copy the 3 folders (info, menu, and system) into your pf folder.

sounds easy enough.. ill try it out. thanks a lot

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »

Basically the same way as CSPs, just make sure that they're 48x48 px, and indexed properly. And, instead of naming them "character#_big.tga", make them "character#_small.tga".

WTF.

NO, NO, NO!

48x48 is NOT the proper size. The TGAs won't be created if they're that size.

Alright, the size for Battle Portraits is 48x56. What you can do, is crop your normal CSP to that size, and then reindex (You don't need to lower the number of colors).

It's that easy.

EDIT: There's a step2-MOD out there that can create the Battle Portraits WITHOUT the extra period CUPASH adds.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:46:06 PM by Shadow » Logged

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »

i just tried it out and i have the mario5_small on my new files folder, ran step2 smoothly, no problems, but nothin seems to appear on my info/portrite folder?

EDIT: just tried zelda3_small and doesnt work either. apparently im doing somethin wrong. everything is on lower case only thing that got me is the file is 3.41 kb and allisbrawl says it should be 3.50 i even lowered it to 32 on photoshop. anyone know wat it might be?
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:58:19 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »

i just tried it out and i have the mario5_small on my new files folder, ran step2 smoothly, no problems, but nothin seems to appear on my info/portrite folder?

EDIT: just tried zelda3_small and doesnt work either. apparently im doing somethin wrong. everything is on lower case only thing that got me is the file is 3.41 kb and allisbrawl says it should be 3.50 i even lowered it to 32 on photoshop. anyone know wat it might be?

CUPASH added an extra period in the info > portrite folder. Get rid of it.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »

cupash didnt add an extra period because theres no file in the portrite folder at all lol

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 10:57:33 PM »

cupash didnt add an extra period because theres no file in the portrite folder at all lol

Then you didn't step1_extract the battle portraits.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »

I did because I have a battle portraits folder in the main folder. let me take some screen shots hold on.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:09:24 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

LookItsLink
    Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
    Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »

@Shadow
    Ya I realized I screwed up with the dimensions thing, I wasn't at home when I made that post.

But anyway, when you run step1_extract, all the files (CSPs and battle portraits) usually end up in the templates folder. I'm guessing you just moved them to a new folder? I'm not entirely sure if doing that messes with step2_create or not, but I think you're better off if you kept them in the templates folder.

Concerning the modded step2: If you want to make the change yourself so you don't have to rename all the Infface.###.brres to Infface###.brres, open the file "cupash_step2.pl" in a text editor, and find the line that says:
    Code:
    open NEWSMALL, ">newfiles/info/portrite/InfFace.".$realnumber.".brres" or die "I can't open newfiles/info/portrite/InfFace.".$realnumber.".brres";
    (easiest thing to do is Ctrl+F and search for "InfFace" in the text)
    Then remove the period right after each occurrence of InfFace
    Should look like this (compare before and after, and note the removed periods):
    Code:
    open NEWSMALL, ">newfiles/info/portrite/InfFace".$realnumber.".brres" or die "I can't open newfiles/info/portrite/InfFace".$realnumber.".brres";
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:16:01 AM by LookItsLink » Logged

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:11 AM »

I did because I have a battle portraits folder in the main folder. let me take some screen shots hold on.

[...]

WTF *facepalm*

You don't create a new folder. You leave the extracted Battle Portraits in the neededfiles folder.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »

You need to put the contents of that Battle Portraits folder (the contents, not the folder itself) into neededfiles and run step1 again.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »

You need to put the contents of that Battle Portraits folder (the contents, not the folder itself) into neededfiles and run step1 again.

alright so wat i did was i grabbed Infface133 (which is Zelda's 3rd costume) and put it in the neededfiles folder. now im running step 1. i hate running step 1 it takes forever..

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 03:05:20 PM »

after seeing there was an actual file in the portrite folder i knew i had done it right before i even tried it out in the game. i just tried it and it worked perfectly. thanks a lot for ur help vyse n shadow Happy Face

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: