Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: ive noticed the song id list goes into part of the sound fx section. were did these codes come from?and can we use brstm as voices?
? - 2 (50%)
hak - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: gecko and charecter sfx replacement  (Read 3766 times)
knight
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 10, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »

i noticed people try to voice hack the fit.pac files. the sfx and voice are in with the music so can new ids be discoverd or made? the song id list goes into the sfx section like Z SECTION. so can gecko do voice hacks or do i not understand someting?( the sound timer may be in the fit.pac files but the actual sound may have an id to be file replaced.) well thats my theory. a sound to support this is Z58 New feature05 wich is a sound effect.

Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »

If you are asking whether or not SFX can be used with Gecko, the answer is no.

Not as of now, anyway. Unless someone were to fix up the File Patch Code to support SFX.

knight
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 07:39:09 PM »

so its up to the file patch code? oh i thought that sfx were like the music and had an id.( i guess we learn something new every day.) im still new to all this sorry.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »

That's alright.

Most (if not all) sound effect hacks are placed in a file called smashbros_sound.brsar (or something along those lines) and are injected using a program called Sawnds, which can be found in the Resources page.

Sound effects can only be used, however, if you are using Riivolution or if you are manually injecting them into your ISO.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »

then please explain to me why my (hacked) characters have no voice w/o the sfx file on the SD.

I'm waisting space on my SD because I have to have it with my hacked chars
    (the unhacked chars work just fine w/o the sfx file)

and I do have the latest FRC version >_>

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Jaklub
    Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »

then please explain to me why my (hacked) characters have no voice w/o the sfx file on the SD.

I'm waisting space on my SD because I have to have it with my hacked chars
    (the unhacked chars work just fine w/o the sfx file)

and I do have the latest FRC version >_>
    All about modded movesets. smashbros_sound.brsar does not control when sound effects are played. If maker of moveset decided to remove all Sound Effect events and change SFX ids in Tabuu, the modded character will have no voice.

Also, why would you use latest FPC? As far as I've heard, it supports SFX, but is very unstable.

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »

All about modded movesets. smashbros_sound.brsar does not control when sound effects are played. If maker of moveset decided to remove all Sound Effect events and change SFX ids in Tabuu, the modded character will have no voice. Also, why would you use latest FPC? As far as I've heard, it supports SFX, but is very unstable.

I ment FPC v5... (the latest version everyone has)

anyways...
    I noticed it with Pika...

after I applied my Dark Thunder v2 (purple) to him, the voice was gone, but the sfx remained.
    it happened when editing the tex0 files of FitPikachu.pac
    (found that out as his voice returned when removing the file)

smashbros_sound.brsar only holds the sfx and voices
    (I learned that after playing with Pika's voice and sfx in Brbx...) eh heh

btw, my file is not corrupt as others who've DL'd it didn't have a problem with their SFX
    (but why must I have the file on my SD??)

I hate it because I have 2 copies of brawl:
    Brawl-
    Tournament Brawl (Hacked Brawl)

and it eats up the space on my SD
    (I'd rather just have RSBE and RSBE- and simply rename them to switch them)

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: