Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Explanation of forum downtime and changes from 10/14-16  (Read 19888 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »

ive turned off my adblocker so that the ads will show, but for me specifically i still see your message about how i should turn it off..
    Do you also have NoScript or something similar? The code to place the ad uses Javascript, so that might be it.

We're short on money? I thought the $200 donation left us covered for some time.
    That was to bail us out of an immediate jam. While there may be some left over (I don't know offhand), it's not enough to fund either of the things we need.

Too bad that some of the errors still persist.
    Fixing BrawlVault is the main priority. Once that's done, we should see a huge boost in forum performance.

I'm still confused of why Smashhackers launched an *ill-conceived DDoS attack* to the page?
    As I understand it, he was mad about being banned and wanted to drive users away from here and to another forum. But we still have BV, and while it has its problems (for now), it has literally no competition. So I'm not sure how that plan was supposed to work.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »

As I understand it, he was mad about being banned and wanted to drive users away from here and to another forum. But we still have BV, and while it has its problems (for now), it has literally no competition. So I'm not sure how that plan was supposed to work.

Challenge Accepted?!

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »

You can't modify the ProBoards code to integrate a BV clone into it, so you'd never achieve what BV does without your own host and moddable forum software, and then you'd run into the exact same problem we have unless your server/coding is better. And we're working on both of those, so...

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »

adblock disabled.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »

You can't modify the ProBoards code to integrate a BV clone into it, so you'd never achieve what BV does without your own host and moddable forum software, and then you'd run into the exact same problem we have unless your server/coding is better. And we're working on both of those, so...

is Picano the only one whos working on the code? or are others helping out too?

im sure its hard because its tough to trust someone with code when they could easily just whisk it away and use it for themselves..

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

is Picano the only one whos working on the code? or are others helping out too?

im sure its hard because its tough to trust someone with code when they could easily just whisk it away and use it for themselves..
    Picano was the only one working on it for, something like a year or so. He recently recieved a help offer from BlackJax recently, so we'll see how this works out. Smiley

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 10:47:04 PM »

adblock disabled.
    We appreciate it.

AGFanProduction
    Holy Kitten

there is a purpose in me being here.

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »

He was mad about being banned and thats why he sent the attack? Wow that sounds so "inmature" and why he got banned? he was trolling or somthng?

If he shouldn't have sent this attack, Kc-mm would be normal without those annoying 500 and 503 errors, right? Or it was going to happen anyways?

*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
    KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
    The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
    Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »

If he shouldn't have sent this attack, Kc-mm would be normal without those annoying 500 and 503 errors, right? Or it was going to happen anyways?
    Those were already happening. Like I said, the attack accomplished nothing significant whatsoever.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »

Picano was the only one working on it for, something like a year or so. He recieved a help offer from BlackJax recently, so we'll see how this works out. Smiley

i hope it does in the end, one person doing all this programming seems like too much in my book. especially since its being done for free.

also my adblocker seems to have stopped blocking the ads so i can see them now :3

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: