Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make non-Wii game models rips readable with BrawlBox!!! (but still can't export)  (Read 2107 times)
TokoyamiTheDark
Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:19 PM »

I've heard a lot of people complaining that they have models from non-Wii games, or models that aren't MDL0s and they won't work in Brawl or BrawlBox. Well, now there's a way of making these models working! There's a website called http://models-resource.com and they have some neat model for you to choose from. If you're a beginner, I'd suggest taking a model from there rather than going to the hazzles of ripping and/or converting one yourself.

3DS Max Pictures coming soon!

In this tutorial, we'll take a PSP model from its GMO file. If your model is already an OBJ, ignore those steps and go straight to  2.0 - Using 3DS Max

1.0 - Extracting the Model
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Here I have a bunch of Dissidia FF GMOs of the playable characters, and, in this tutorial, we'll take Terra Branford. I choose Noesis to extract the file from it's GMO format. So, I opened Terra Branford, and this is what Noesis should looks like :  

But I want to have her other form, so I press F2 and… Voila, it’s her Esper Form!!! Now, choose « File » then « Export from Preview ». Then set it as a DAE, the texture as PNGs, AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, CHECK THE « Flip UVs » CASE!!! Save it somewhere you’ll remember. Now, close Noesis and open 3ds Max!

2.0 – Using 3DS Max
    Now, import your model into 3DS Max via the IMPORT selection, NOT OPEN. The texture will appear, but quite small. Zoom in to see it.

If you used Noesis and didn’t moved the textures images, they should already be on the model. For the beginners who chose an OBJ file, same thing. Now, Noesis extract the skeleton from the GMO and gives it to the DAE, which means your model already have a skeleton, so no needs to make bones. However, OBJ files has at least 1 bone, or even none at all, but no worries! On Google you’ll find various tutorials to create bones and rig the skeleton to your model so just follow these for your OBJ. Once it’s done, the true work begins!

3.0 – Arranging the model
     At your right is a box of editable options. When you click your textures, you should have « Skin » showing up. Right click, then copy it. Click on the lightbulb to disable skin options. Now, let’s separate the model into pieces!!! Choose « Bitmap name » as i twill be much easier to do than the other modes.

4.0 – Skinning, freezing and exporting
    Now, click each separated mesh, then go the the box on your right. Right-click, then choose « Paste ». The Skin modifier should show up in the box. Now, right-click anywhere on the screen and choose « Freeze selection ». This will prevent you from accidently choosing a mesh you already pasted the skin on. Do this for ALL meshes, then « Unfreeze all », and export as a DAE!

Now to the test ; try to import your fresh DAE into BrawlBox. If BrawlBox accept it, it will be shown just like casual Brawl models. YOU WON’T SEE ANYTHING IN THE MODEL PREVIEWER, BUT THAT’S NORMAL!!! You will still see the names of the textures, bones and polygon of the model. Now, what to do?  Wait for either BlackJax’s BrawlBox ot Tcll’s Model Converter, and when those are completed, go, and convert those into MDL0s! Another tut should pop up at the release of such programs, but if your model is accepted by BrawlBox, then it means it will work with the converters. Patience is a virtue, and voila! You just took a non-Wii model and turned it into a DAE with bones, ready to become a MDL0 when the appropriate programs will come out!
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:43:31 PM by TokoyamiTheDark » Logged

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »

Is there a way to fix the texture sizes?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: