Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19
Author Topic: PSAs Tournament Pack: OP UPDATED [Need suggestions: Roster is still too small!]  (Read 109071 times)
GabbaGhoul
Supreme Kitten

There are still people who use this site?

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: April 30, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »

The rest seem to not be as good, honestly. =/Yep, .rel ports are not an option.

And you ninja'ed me on the PSA parts Oh shi~

I'll give the newest SMBZ Mario a try. I tried the older version and there was so much wrong with it, but this might be different.
    There were a few versions of it already.
    The only glitch i've experienced so far with it is pretty weird.
    If you use his fire flower transformation and then guard, his cloths change back to their original color. (at least until you release guard)
    There were definitely a lot more problems in the past few versions though.

I've started recently, was and am busy with RL's vacations. Having a girlfriend makes Brawl Hacking on vacations be quite more difficult than hacking with school. <_<
    We get out of school may 25th. It's a lot easier and you have a lot more time, when you're working from home <.<

Pappy
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: April 30, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »

Scizor was already meant to be in, I've just not mde the CSS stuff for him yet or added him to the OP. Tongue

Rosalina is OP.
    Both Dark Samus are OP.
    Petey is also OP, which reminds me, SDo0m planned to do a quick update to him, I'll just wait for that.
    I'll be using VJ on Captain, that PSA is more polished.
    The rest seem to not be as good, honestly. =/Yep, .rel ports are not an option.

And you ninja'ed me on the PSA parts Oh shi~

I'll give the newest SMBZ Mario a try. I tried the older version and there was so much wrong with it, but this might be different.
    I'll give it a try, although I doubt it'd end up replacing Deadpool. XD
    I've had pro players play with these, too.

Scott's problem was the high priority on all of those sex kicks, which I still sort of find it too good, but he's not that challenging, I feel he lacks KO power, and his Special Attacks aren't that game changing, so he relies more on his A.

Shadow had plenty of issues. Starting with how the Chaos Emerald charge was uninterruptable, but that's changed. And as I said above, I tweaked the Nair for my own use. And, he still have a higher disadvantage, which is the jump thingy I pointed out above.

Kid Buu is a mixed bag. While he can rack up damage real quick, he has a hard time KO'ing the opponent. His Fsmash might be the only attack really strong for him, and as for how he racks up damage, you can get out of most with decent DI + over 30%. I still feel he's a tad broken, though, I just gotta find what it is.
    I've started recently, was and am busy with RL's vacations. Having a girlfriend makes Brawl Hacking on vacations be quite more difficult than hacking with school. <_<

they OP? by that reasoning you should take out shadow, buu and scott. They're OP in regular brawl, but VS characters like those three they have a really hard time.

And no killing power on scott? that is funny, especially since UpSmash (an instant move that can slide i might add) kills at 90%.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: April 30, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »

They aren't OP, they are higher tier.

And I don't even see Scott as that much of a threat. His recovery leaves much to be desired. Kid Buu on the other hand, I see as a A tier fighter, but still not as good as Snake. I've been in tournaments, I've played professional level Snakes Kid Buu is no Snake.

And he said he fixed Shadow to be more balanced.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #153 on: April 30, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »

for the silver psa, i think u shouldo do the diddy one tha tis ported to falco. no .rel. no silver vs diddy glitches

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »

There were a few versions of it already.
    The only glitch i've experienced so far with it is pretty weird.
    If you use his fire flower transformation and then guard, his cloths change back to their original color. (at least until you release guard)
    There were definitely a lot more problems in the past few versions though.
    I'll give this last one a shot, totally. Tongue

they OP? by that reasoning you should take out shadow, buu and scott. They're OP in regular brawl, but VS characters like those three they have a really hard time.

And no killing power on scott? that is funny, especially since UpSmash (an instant move that can slide i might add) kills at 90%.
    Oh yeah, Scott's usmash can be totally compared with Petey's amazing priority and disjointed attacks and Dark Samus 1 hit KO moves, or that buffed up Peach named Rosalina.

Difference between these 3? Scott, Shadow and Buu have excellent animations and the PSAs are glitchless. Fixing things like less knockback take no time, but fixing a whole PSA is a bit time consuming.

They aren't OP, they are higher tier.

And I don't even see Scott as that much of a threat. His recovery leaves much to be desired. Kid Buu on the other hand, I see as a A tier fighter, but still not as good as Snake. I've been in tournaments, I've played professional level Snakes Kid Buu is no Snake.

And he said he fixed Shadow to be more balanced.
    Kid Buu is pretty good, but I've yet to see what to nerf. Scorr, on the other hand, is easy to detect, I just don't think I should nerf him, yet.

Anyways, slow progress on Tifa. Dentist tomorrow morning, and it won't be good. But I feel motivated to continue working on her PSA, that's a start. And I might have the balanced Wolverine done by tomorrow, too.

for the silver psa, i think u shouldo do the diddy one tha tis ported to falco. no .rel. no silver vs diddy glitches
    I'll be using Scizor on Falco.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

Wait, Pappy, which Dark Samus are you referring to?

The one Nuke made? Or the one Crony made?

Either way though, both of them are... Overpowered if you ask me... Nuke's has the one hit kill down B, and general overpoweredness.

And Crony's... There's quite a bit off with it, up smash being a huge beam. Forward smash being spammable, and having a lot of range. Neutral B air's lack of landing lag. Etc etc.

Either one seems like it wouldn't fit in this tourny without a LOT of fixing.

On another note. Albafika's right though about Rosalina... She's just not cut out for this tourny either. Since she's basically a broken version of Peach. But this is also due to her being an OLD PSA. Her animations would be jarring compared to the others in this tourny... From what I can remember. She's GFX heavy, and not that much different from Peach, other then being a lot more broken, and wonky.

As for Petey, SDo0m might make him a lot more balanced hopefully... Right now, he just doesn't feel right... At all. A lot of priority, VERY high damage output, but at the same time, some moves have REALLY wonky hitboxes. He still has Wario's air movement speed, with more then 2 jumps... So... At least until SDo0m fixes him, he's not gonna be in this tourny.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Pappy
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »

its the one by nuke, but theres not rly much to do on that one. just changing the downB move and fixing knockback on Dsmash.

Scott would need alot of work in comparison, the A attack is almost impossible to DI out of and it can last forever. thats not even mentioning the priorities on SideB and kicks and suff like knockback from Usmash.

What's strong on Buu is the on-hit delay cancel same as goku. And the grabs. those grabs are sooooo strong. high damage AND high range? its an OP version of Yoshi's grab and everyone knows how annoying that is.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »

Sweet, Balanced Wolverine Happy Face

Uh... I was gonna ask if you wanted me to PSA some stuff if you were too busy, but I'm pretty damn busy myself.

I thought I was gonna have time to animate today, but when I sat down to do some, I had to get right back up and leave the house Im srs here

I'm trying to get stuff done... Really I am.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:35 PM »

Sweet, Balanced Wolverine Happy Face

Uh... I was gonna ask if you wanted me to PSA some stuff if you were too busy, but I'm pretty damn busy myself.

I thought I was gonna have time to animate today, but when I sat down to do some, I had to get right back up and leave the house Im srs here

I'm trying to get stuff done... Really I am.
    All I need from you is to change the throw animations from using the HipN to use the TransN (Tifa), as for Wolverine, I'm working on a few things before releasing it. Tongue

its the one by nuke, but theres not rly much to do on that one. just changing the downB move and fixing knockback on Dsmash.

Scott would need alot of work in comparison, the A attack is almost impossible to DI out of and it can last forever. thats not even mentioning the priorities on SideB and kicks and suff like knockback from Usmash.

What's strong on Buu is the on-hit delay cancel same as goku. And the grabs. those grabs are sooooo strong. high damage AND high range? its an OP version of Yoshi's grab and everyone knows how annoying that is.
    Nuke's Dark Samus... Don't even bring that OP PSA in here, it's got more broken things than that. Way more.

Scott isn't as broken as you believe he is, his Jab isn't as good, either, as for Kid Buu, I still get the feeling he's too good, but I've yet to prove it so for myself.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: May 07, 2012, 03:02:54 AM »

if kid buu is in the pack
    inc. my model import of kid buu and with aleast one of the super buus in the pack (oneslot Side-B Ground leg the model imports got) i did not made recolours of any of the buus (yet) since i got my lucario slot full of buus now

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2012, 03:16:34 AM »

Yoshi's grab itself isn't very good at all.  And I believe Buu's grab is even slower.  What's good about Yoshi's grab game is his pivot grab coupled with his grab releases.  His throws are high damage but have little kill potential.

Also, I built Kid Buu around the cancel system.  Unlike Goku where it's just kinda there, Kid Buu's entire game revolves around utilizing it in different ways.  As a result his has an amazing combo game but a mediocre approach and kill potential.  

That Up Smash is identical in knockback to Fox's U Smash except it's slower, more punishable and has a worse hitbox.  In other words, his best kill move is a worse version of a kill move from a mid tier character based on speed.  As a result, complaints against it are totally unjustified.

Also, the majority of the PSAs you posted on the page before are old and outdated and don't mesh well with the ones in this pack.  PSAs with a bunch of random animation swaps and graphic effects just seem so out of place comparative to the more polished ones in this pack.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: May 07, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »

if kid buu is in the pack
    inc. my model import of kid buu and with aleast one of the super buus in the pack (oneslot Side-B Ground leg the model imports got) i did not made recolours of any of the buus (yet) since i got my lucario slot full of buus now
    Check your PMs.

Yoshi's grab itself isn't very good at all.  And I believe Buu's grab is even slower.  What's good about Yoshi's grab game is his pivot grab coupled with his grab releases.  His throws are high damage but have little kill potential.

Also, I built Kid Buu around the cancel system.  Unlike Goku where it's just kinda there, Kid Buu's entire game revolves around utilizing it in different ways.  As a result his has an amazing combo game but a mediocre approach and kill potential.  

That Up Smash is identical in knockback to Fox's U Smash except it's slower, more punishable and has a worse hitbox.  In other words, his best kill move is a worse version of a kill move from a mid tier character based on speed.  As a result, complaints against it are totally unjustified.

Also, the majority of the PSAs you posted on the page before are old and outdated and don't mesh well with the ones in this pack.  PSAs with a bunch of random animation swaps and graphic effects just seem so out of place comparative to the more polished ones in this pack.
    Whilst I do agree that Scott's usmash isn't really a huge factor, we have to consider that, unlike Fox, Scott has quite a huge arsenal of strong attacks. I've no idea what to nerf, though. lol

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: May 07, 2012, 07:11:19 AM »

Scott seems fine... Im srs here

Lets not try to dumb down everything to b-c tier guys...

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: May 07, 2012, 01:54:29 PM »

Agreed. Try making everyone A tier, that should keep everyone relatively balanced but not feel weak/lame.

Using a not viable character(Brawl Fox) as to means/standard of balancing is NOT a good thing.

BTW, what physics are you using?

VBrawl Minus Tripping or B-?
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:56:40 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »

vBrawl

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19
    Print
    Jump to: