Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I have no idea what to import next...
Marcus Fenix - 2 (2.5%)
Jak - 11 (13.6%)
Reptile - 5 (6.2%)
Spyro - 16 (19.8%)
Delta - 2 (2.5%)
Seargent Johnson - 5 (6.2%)
Genesis - 7 (8.6%)
Desmond Miles - 4 (4.9%)
Haytham Kenway - 7 (8.6%)
Filler: i don't know any of those characters   - 22 (27.2%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 75
Author Topic: ShadowSnake's Imports: back with 3 previews of WIPs  (Read 296322 times)
ShadowSnake
Venomous Hacker
Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1020 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »

I said make something new. (Actually)

Which really means I'm satisfied with whatever you do.

I'm suprised you didn't want a Lloyd revamp, he kinda needs an update lol.

I really don't see why Sephiroth needs another update. But if you feel you need to go ahead.

Anyways, voted Frank West. Though I would prefer his UMvC3 model, but if you're sticking to his original DR model, thats ok.

I will revamp Frank some day, but with the DR model because UMvC3 textures suck and don't fit brawl at all, plus i'd prefer the model of Frank I actually played as.

make something new, u keep revamping and revamping, just like the old vertex days, of course, if you've already made all the characters you wanted in brawl, then go ahead and revamp whatever u want Tongue

lol everyone tells me I revamp too much.

<.<
    You should custom model something. For example, your Crystal King over Dedede. That vertex of him is the [censored], and I think someone, maybe you, should make a full-fledged custom model.

I would but i replaced Dedede with Cloud. Sad i kinda miss Dedede though so i might just have too get him back.

I think you should do Tyranitar over Charizard. I still have your vertex, and a rig would be a nice update. I haven't done it myself, because I thought you'd do it eventually.

I would have done him a long time ago but he will need bone edits to look good and i don't think i will ever touch bones edits again because they are tedious as hell to pull off and not worth all the hassle. I will import him but i am scared to touch bone edits, unless someone would do it for me.

I am great when it comes to rigging, good when it comes to modeling and texturing, but get me near bone edits and i will explode of stress.  Im srs here

@ Thread

Screw revamps, i will not be making any yet. I still have 50 things left on my to-do-list to finish. We will see what's next, probably something obscure that will only get 20 DLs like John Marston.  Undecided

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

« Reply #1021 on: February 02, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »

What about Haytham? Brawl needs more bad guys, and you would do great justice to any type of Assassin's Creed import.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1022 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:57 PM »

I'm suprised you didn't want a Lloyd revamp, he kinda needs an update lol.
    I know he does, but I've been pretty busy lately, so I wouldn't really be working on it.

Plus a revamp will probably include a properly aligned model to the bones. Which would mean heavy animation revamping on my side. Which I don't mind, I plan on fixing some animations anyways, so I'll wait for whenever it gets done.

I have other PSA ideas that I could do when I get any free time. So it isn't a really big deal.

And someone voted for Lloyd before I put in my vote.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

If Lloyd got a revamp, I'd just add moving eyes with actual faces instead of just eye textures as the different expressions. The texture and rig are perfect
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:07:33 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1024 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »

The rig is not perfect. It's off aligned of Pit's actual bones.

Trust me. Im srs here

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1025 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »

I saw your PM awhile ago, i guess i forgot to reply. Tongue

Anyways, the recolors look really good, the color schemes just seem to flow more y'know. I like how there is a bob-omb texture as well. You can release those whenever you feel like it, i am the chillest guy when it comes to my work being used, i admire it when people make recolors actually.

Done and done!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30870&Moderated=All

Haseyo
    K-Pop Connoisseur
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container 128-bit Pro Gamer 64-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1026 on: February 03, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »

If I may ask: If you do revamp Lloyd, can there be a version over Marth / Roy as well? I'd really like him in my game but I never plan on putting Pit back in. Like ever. I know I can't be the only one.

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1027 on: February 03, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »

I say make something new. I looked through your list, I say Jak.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1028 on: February 03, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »

. . .
    you have a decent jak model?
    could i see how it looks? im a big fan of his design, even though ive never played any of his games fully (playing 30 minutes a 100% completed game at a friends' house doesnt count xD)

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

« Reply #1029 on: February 03, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »

If you're looking for something to do, you could always texture and T-pose Dark Knight Batman for me... help on that would be great as I can't T-pose it for my life. There's a huge lack of verts around the armpits.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1030 on: February 04, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »

@ Boygos

I know Haytham isn't on my to do list, but that is a great idea. Haytham was really cool in AC3. I kind of want Desmond more though, because he would be easier to rig. (maybe we could collab on him?)

Challenge considered.

@ Segtendo.

I didn't even used the blend tool on Lloyd v3 lol, the rig is not perfect. mostly because of alignment though. I would add real moving eyes and a real faces though.

@ Royal_Blade

I normally don't stomp on my own work, but yeah Lloyd needs a revamp, i didn't use proper bone alignment or the blend tool back when i imported him. Idk want to do it next though, but soon...

@ Gigaman

Love the recolors, nice job with them!

@ 하세요

I'm not revamping Lloyd next, but soon... Asked for the Marth version, depends on how many of you want it. I guess i would put a poll for that.

@ dpgthirteen and jokekid

Yeah i have Jak's model ripped from Jak 3. DemonBoy got me it, i think it was the same one that was on the vault. But my rig and textures will be better and my Jak might be on Sheik instead but idk really, that's why i haven't imported him yet.

@ Boygos again

Maybe, i think the main thing that pulls me away from that is that he will be on Snake probably and my last Snake's slots are reserved for Marcus Fenix from Gears Of War and Sarge Johnson from Halo 3.

@ Thread

So i removed maybe 25-35 things on my to-do-list, my old planned imports list was just too much. I don't want to hack brawl forever lol.

Anyways I will have something up tomorrow, I think Jak and Haytham are good ideas but who knows what i will import next.

Lastly, i would like more feedback on the work that i do, even a little criticism if needed. I plan to take a permanent leave from brawl hacking this year to focus on college more and pursue my dream at becoming a professional game developer. I feel like I can rig models at a professional level now but i need to work on texturing and modeling. I might come up with a review template or something.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1031 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »

I'll look at your newer rigs and critique them for you sometime this week

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1032 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »

I say do Jak, if it is the cinematic model. With a Light or Dark jak for FS, that would be sexy. I think Falco is a good choice, with the gun and spin move, why do you think Shiek? Just curious.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1033 on: February 04, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »

@ Gigaman

Love the recolors, nice job with them!

Thanks! I actually plan to make my own recolors of some Paper Mario character hacks I've collected, so Bombette was just the start of a long series of recolors from me.

Lastly, i would like more feedback on the work that i do, even a little criticism if needed. I plan to take a permanent leave from brawl hacking this year to focus on college more and pursue my dream at becoming a professional game developer. I feel like I can rig models at a professional level now but i need to work on texturing and modeling. I might come up with a review template or something.

Dude, I wish you the best. Game developing is actually something I wanted to pursue, but currently, I've been feeling aimless. For real, though, good luck, man.
    Unfortunately, I can't really give you detailed critiques on your work, and I apologize for that, but what I can tell you is that I enjoy a great deal of it, and I encourage you to make new custom models to further enhance your skills.
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:35:34 PM by Giga Man » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1034 on: February 05, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »

I decided to review John for you.

Overall, I'll give the rig an 8/10, the model a 9/10, and (knowing your filesize limits) the textures a 9/10

Model:
    It was so good, except for this:

He wasn't centered to the bones very well...

Yeah, its not a huge deal, but it would make the rigging and proportions better looking, and the model will look neater in BrawlBox.

Rig:
    Overall, it was pretty solid. It had a few flaws that I noticed right away.

First: the left hand:
    It just looks awkard and like his wrist is broken. I think the hand needed to be a tad bit closer to the hand bones.

Second: A button
    I know. WTF Nano, its just a button.
    But it can easily be fixed. Just weigh it a little bit to the BustN more, and it'll fix it. Its little details like that that makes a rig good.

Third: Dem Hips
    They look... so unnatural.
    The belt area shouldnt bend with the WaistN at all. Pants should rest on a person's hips. When T-Posing, you aligned it properly, with the pants below the WaistN bone:
    Yet it still bends with it.

In that situation, you should use the blend tool and blend everything above the WaistN to the HipN. Yes, it sounds odd, but thats what I do for my Humanoid rigs. It keeps the hips area bending more naturally, and keeps a smooth bend. Whatever is below the HipN bone should not bend with anything above the HipN bone. At least thats how I rig.

The arms and legs were perfect. The ShoulderN areas were impressive. Yet that ShoulderJ... we both still struggle to rig well with awkward twisting animations.

Textures:

The textures are nice, yes, but they kinda stand out in Brawl. Faces don't have much detail. Thats why I used the SCV Ezio face. It has a more "anime" feel to it and the textures on it blend better with Brawl.

But thats mostly a personal preference. If you like the textures more realistic, its your choice Wink

Thats it for John. Hes probably one of your best rigs yet  Grin

Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 75
    Print
    Jump to: