Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 223476 times)
Xiggah
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »

what's this? An excuse to get back into animating?

I approve!
    *starts brainstorming ideas for a Pinkamena moveset*
    Actually, that would be great. We're going to try our best to get in as many as possible, naturally.

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 05:19:46 PM »

Actually, that would be great. We're going to try our best to get in as many as possible, naturally.
    Awesome! I'll get around to writing the moveset down sometime tomorrow!

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

Titanoverlord
    Mega Kitten

soon I will rise from the void reborn

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »

yup i just did it  Grin

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »

PSA, not one slot. Not sure about the shading yet, but I'm using KP-ShadowSquirrel's models.
    God damn it I wasn't asking you if you were using KP-ShadowSquirrel's models because that's more obvious than being hit by a truck. I was saying it would be nice if we could make a custom shader that suits the style of the one used in his turntable renders. -.- WHY CAN'T PEOPLE READ

Speaking of which, someone needs to compile information on what we already know about shaders and materials and make a tutorial on how to make them fit in Brawl better, since a lot of imports seem to have a problem with the shaders being overly bright.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:39:05 PM by TommoPuppy » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »

God damn it I wasn't asking you if you were using KP-ShadowSquirrel's models because that's more obvious than being hit by a truck. I was saying it would be nice if we could make a custom shader that suits the style of the one used in his turntable renders. -.- WHY CAN'T PEOPLE READ

Speaking of which, someone needs to compile information on what we already know about shaders and materials and make a tutorial on how to make them fit in Brawl better, since a lot of imports seem to have a problem with the shaders being overly bright.

I said I wasn't sure about the shaders... after I finish rigging Rainbow, I'll play around with the shading. I've only done stages, but the characters shaders shouldn't be TOO different, right?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 01:17:06 PM »

Do I have to have my model rigged for X/Y Root N to have 100% control over ALL polygons for the import to work? 3DS Max let me do that for the Trans N and Top N bones but it won't let me do it with those two Sad

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »

Do I have to have my model rigged for X/Y Root N to have 100% control over ALL polygons for the import to work? 3DS Max let me do that for the Trans N and Top N bones but it won't let me do it with those two Sad

Each bone only needs to be linked to (at the least) one polygon to not disappear on export, but it might be safer to link every bone to every mesh. Maybe your skeleton files aren't perfect imports?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

Each bone only needs to be linked to (at the least) one polygon to not disappear on export, but it might be safer to link every bone to every mesh. Maybe your skeleton files aren't perfect imports?

Nah, the ones that I have rigged fully, the top N and Trans N, they move and rotate the model perfectly because I gave both of them Absolute control over all the polygons in Hinata's model. I know because I can scale the bone up and down and the model/other bones scale up/down accordingly along with it Cheesy

When I go to click the 1 button (on the weight tool) on X root N for a polygon, the weights for Y root N go down to 0

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »

Nah, the ones that I have rigged fully, the top N and Trans N, they move and rotate the model perfectly because I gave both of them Absolute control over all the polygons in Hinata's model. I know because I can scale the bone up and down and the model/other bones scale up/down accordingly along with it Cheesy

When I go to click the 1 button (on the weight tool) on X root N for a polygon, the weights for Y root N go down to 0

Weird. At any rate, if you put all the weight on one bone then it won't be able to move for any other bone. You have to distribute them evenly, such as YRotN = 0.5 and XRotN = 0.5, but I wouldn't worry about the rotation bones, they're only there to make rotating the HipN bone easier.

(Oh, and just because a bone is linked to a skin doesn't mean it needs to have any vertices weighed to it. You should probably not weight any vertices to the Rotation bones, just link them to the skin and then leave them alone.)

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »

Alright, thanks for the help ^+^;
    I'm glad I'm finally starting to figure this weighting thing out >_> that was the only thing stopping me from making an import.

BTW: Would Rigging the Kunai polygons to JUST the Right/Left Have N bones (right have N only for the right hand kunai and left have N only for the left hand polygon) be a good idea, or no?

Because it would make using Kunai WAY easier in a psa for Hinata.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »

Yes, that is what you would want to do.

Also, in pony related news... I could release a 3ds max file of the brawl-rigged Rainbow Dash... but it's doesn't work in Brawl. You could only animate the model in 3ds max. Only I get the working model for now Tongue

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »

Who is this going over? Ivysaur? Ivysaur is the only character that walks on all 4s so I can't imagine who else it would be.

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »

Who is this going over? Ivysaur? Ivysaur is the only character that walks on all 4s so I can't imagine who else it would be.
    Trust me when I say ponies over Ivysaur don't look that great. These ponies are getting their own animations.

(Also, Pikachu sometimes runs on all four... >.>)

Lord_of_D:
    Supreme Kitten

:D

• Awards Heart Container Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »

Trust me when I say ponies over Ivysaur don't look that great. These ponies are getting their own animations.

(Also, Pikachu sometimes runs on all four... >.>)
    maybe you've heard this before, butmake them over yoshi D:, it fits much better

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

maybe you've heard this before, butmake them over yoshi D:, it fits much better
    Yoshis fit better than all other characters, hence seeing cutie mark Yoshis all over the Brawl Vault, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to put them over Yoshi as well as being their own characters. I might make one-slot versions in the future, but for now I'm thinking about just getting Dashie in the game.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: