Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!  (Read 70391 times)
Infernape
Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »

Yeah finally someone do this i was trying to import this but i can't =/ nice Cheesy
    if you want i can help you to do recolors if you want

Memorable Quotes:
    Quote from: ItalianStallion
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »

OMG! I actually didn't want to replace Marth in brawl but after seeing that model... I MUST HAVE ROY! So when's the release? Awesome Face Lol jk... Hmm might I suggest making an alternate version that has his hair a bit more over his eye like the one with the melee hair... Even though I know its not exactly right and doesn't fit his head correctly that melee hair makes him look badace just cuz it goes over his right eye XD

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

melee hair makes him look badace just cuz it goes over his right eye XD
    This.
    Can't Wait.. D:

Memorable Quotes:
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »

Certainly.

I would love to be the one to rig this model of Roy...However, I still have things that I must bring up about him.
    ~~~Big~Post~Ahead~~~~

It's unfortunate about the hands, but I could probably vertex them and attempt to match them to Marth's positioning better like that.

I would prefer to attempt using the Melee hair still. Admittedly, it does look a bit odd, however, it can probably be vertexed to remedy this.
       I would hope that it either has a higher level of vertices to manipulate than the vertex's hair, or at least more freedom as opposed to how Marth's hair is made of 5 or so polygons.
        However, if even then it turns into disaster, the vertex's hair will have to do.

Also, based on the render you did not put the face on him I had sent you.
       I had vertexed all 5 faces of Roy(it was on one of the two models I sent you), as they all had deformed eye sockets(As well as the left eye, regular and FS, a random vertice spike on the back behind his head, and one of his ears). With my textures, the irises would be even with the bottom of his eyelids during his default gaze and both eyes would be the same size and shape, whereas one of them from the render appears larger and more ovular than the other.
        I did copy and paste the digits to ensure nigh perfect symmetry that, I assume, was not lost with my patching :3

Now, I certainly don't want to start any sort of a conflict over this and normally I'd just walk away and let things slide...But I am afraid I am correct about the sheathe's positioning and facing.

And I have some pictures from Melee, as well as a clip of his win3 animation to back things up;

Forgive the quality, these were taken via a 3DS's camera function from the actual retail disc of Melee. But I feel they still get my point across.
    This shows the positioning of the sheathe on his Classic mode trophy. All 3 trophies possess the sheathe and they all have it in roughly the same place. Given where his sword's hilt is positioned is relative to the positioning of his sheathe. If it were attached via the metal gizmo like in Melee, it would be a little bit left and down from where his belt buckle is on the other side of his body.

This one shows which way the sheathe is facing. I'm afraid that your render actually displays it being attached backwards.
    The larger, more "obstructive" part of his sheathe, circled in red, is supposed to face his body, as that is where the metal gizmo is attached that hold the sheathe onto the back of his belt.

Once again, this shows how it faces. The red circle shows the metal gizmo. This is from the All-Stars trophy and, humerously enough, Roy's smaller chest plate is out of place on this model...

Adventure mode trophy pic from the internet. Positioning and facing.

My 2 minute doodle once more, for comparison.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ezxkrov0u70jfqk
    Win3 clip. No, I do not know how to upload to Youtube...Yet...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18guqyWpNw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL86FDE754CFDBB989" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18guqyWpNw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL86FDE754CFDBB989</a>

Melee trophy showcase, in case it helps. Roy's trophies start at about 5:26

As far as drawing the sword from the sheathe, it is perfectly reasonable.
      Given how the metal thing attaches on the part that would appear obstructive, it really isn't given how much closer it is to one's body. In real life, much like the attack using it in FE6, it would pivot at the point of where it is attached, and using one quick motion of the arm, it can be unsheathed.

I will demonstrate in this vid;
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6z8ddylzziobeuy
    3DS vid, by the way.

As you might've heard me say "Getting it back in is always the hard part" Which, in contrast, it would be. Unsheathing a weapon is always easier, even without looking at it. Like a child and socks.
       It'd be more of a realistic animation than Link and his sheathing. Every time he pulls out the sword, it is essentially cutting its way out animation-wise. Believe me. I know swords, and his is too long to work realistically with his sheathe setup.

The most unrealistic thing about this sheathe would be keeping it on him like that for actual combat, I find.
    Given how it attaches and how it pivots via the metallic thing(like his attack with it in FE6) combined with the length of it, it would keep hitting him in the back of the knees. Again, something I know too well from my Roy costume x__x
       But even Marth's sheathe I find is...Unreasonable to wear into battle, given how it can still freely jiggle around and hit his legs.
       Roy's sheathe is awesome, but impractical  : /
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:04:23 AM by Thany » Logged

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 08:31:11 AM »

Is this good?

Managed to use parts of your model, uses the default hand and I included your faces as well. Also fixed the sheathe.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

• Awards Hot Topic Former PMDT

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

I can't really even notice any difference other than the sheath. Oh well.

The whole thing looks great, by the way.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »

So wait, this is based of Beyond's vertex, right?
    So it was initially rigged onto Marth's boneset, am I correct?
    Because if that's the case, I could take a shot at rigging it (although if Thany wants to rig it, she may very well go ahead since she did make the addition faces and other edits).

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »

I will demonstrate in this vid;
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6z8ddylzziobeuy
    3DS vid, by the way.

lol nice
    but i can see your point

I can't really even notice any difference other than the sheath. Oh well.

The whole thing looks great, by the way.

I Can see the difference:
    and the face expression

So wait, this is based of Beyond&#039;s vertex, right?
    So it was initially rigged onto Marth&#039;s boneset, am I correct?
    Because if that&#039;s the case, I could take a shot at rigging it (although if Thany wants to rig it, she may very well go ahead since she did make the addition faces and other edits).

Yeah it is based on beyond's vertex bcuz i downloaded, this it is in model resource, so if you see the textures are the same that beyond you has
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:26:37 AM by Infernape99 » Logged

Memorable Quotes:

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »

If this is the same one as the model resources model, then I highly recommend NOT to export this as a single object .obj.
    Because I tried to import the .obj into 3dsmax 2010, but the textures were all messed up due to it being one object.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:45:19 AM by ds22 » Logged

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »

If this is the same one as the model resources model, then I highly recommend NOT to export this as a single object .obj.
    Because I tried to import the .obj into 3dsmax 2010, but the textures were all messed up due to it being one object.
    Yeah some texures are like inversed

Memorable Quotes:

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

I submitted this one to the models resource ages ago, so yeah, this one is like a second version of the same model. The model on models resource is MUCH worse than this one. I've put a lot of time and effort on this one, and has a lot of improvements. It uses new remapped textures, so it uses less texture files. And yeah, uses beyond's marth vertex as a base, since I couldn't find a t-posed melee model (every melee part you see in this model has been manually t-posed, more specifically, the cape was a [censored] to pose)
    This Roy is basically my second custom *edited* model, the first being this one:

Is it fine if I include a .3ds in the download then? or you want more files? Also yeah, some textures are flipped because my program, "metasequoia" needs them like that. However in my latest releases I include 2 texture folders, one with the originals, and other with flipped textures.
    Thany, is it fine with you that I release your faces with my edited model?

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »

.3ds or .dae would be fine, as long as it is made up from separate objects.

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

Shocked Is there any way I can bribe you to send me the .3ds files? :3 Not for me to make Roy but for me to experiment with the model XD

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:41 AM »

Sure. You can use the faces in the download.

I'd really like to be the one to rig this, given my...Everything pertaining to Roy. :3

But, I would like to ask that I can have the Melee hair on him. I'd like to try to see what I can do with it by vertexing and whatnot. I mean, I managed to fix the faces with little trouble after all, plus I have a lot of spare time to dedicate to this sort of thing. :3c

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »

Release:
    Included a .3ds as well. Enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJX0N9KX

I'll upload the melee hair later.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: