Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Adding PERFECT Metal Textures- Thanks Pikazz and Mewtwo2000 for help!  (Read 9078 times)
Eternal Yoshi
Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 06, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »

Thanks to M22K, he got a way to make the auto Metal Material button in BB 0.65 Beta 4 working bug free, but you gotta follow this exactly. Or else.

Gonna use the thread again to showcase something important xD

You character importers should know about the metal textures. They're something to be added to the imported character once it's in brawlbox, and ready to go, so when that character gets a metal box, it gets metallic, just like standard characters.

Some of you (like me) have enabled manually some fake metal textures by changing some values in the extra materials you manually added and such. Some of you have never tried to include metal textures to your characters. Blackjax96 implemented some button in brawlbox 0.65b beta in order to automate this. Some people reported this to cause model glitches, explosions or whatever.

I personally didn't test this feature until a few days ago, just cause I didn't know where it was. So, the first step is knowing it. Here's the feature:

Now, if it makes models explode and such, why telling you this?

Well, just because the 'model exploding' isn't random. It happens under some conditions.

I'll explain. Blackjax is a very clever guy, and when the importer was released, it automatically wrote the UV, normal and vertex values in a format or another, depending of the values themselves, in order to save space. This means that big models can fit the brawl because some values can be written shortly, resulting in a smaller file. Anyway, he programmed that 'please wait' thing in 0.65b beta and 0.65b. I bet many of you just ignore it, and you should know more about it.

These are important:

What do they mean? Instead of looking for the shorter possible format for the values, the UV, normals and vertices are forced to be in the 'float' format.

Well, Blackjax96 said that the automatic metal materials feature did work well in some brawl models he tested, but people reported those exploding issues that made him remove the feature in 0.65b. So the model has to be from brawl or something?

Well, I suppose that you know what I mean at this point:

IF YOU FORCE THE FLOAT FORMAT FOR UV, NORMALS AND VERTICES, THE AUTOMATIC METAL MATERIAL FEATURE WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

This sentence is exactly as is. If any of them isn't forced, the model will have issues, in vertices, in normals, or in UVs. It may be fixed from now on, now that this fact is known, but in the meanwhile, this is the solution.

Also, if you force floats, the coordinates will be more exact for sure. If some values was, for example, 1.6321 in 3dsmax, not forcing float values may result in having 1.63 in brawlbox, losing the 0.0021. If two vertices that are supposed to be in the same place, but from different objects, lose precission like this, they may get separated and a small hole would appear in the character. So, unless forcing results in a too big file, I highly recommend to use those boxes before importing.

Well, with this said... Get your imports and fix your metal materials nao!! xD

And another quote for reference.

Mmm... when your model is too big with the buttons selected, and you don't matter if metals are perfect or not.

I personally use them since they exist. I even asked for them the day before they were released, only that Blackjax96 had already planned them before I told him. He read my mind, basically xD

Just watch the model size. Make sure it doesn't exceed the original character's size.

Old Method for reference.

First you need to open your model in BB V0.65 and expand all Materials and Shaders.

Second, find and open a model to borrow Material and Shader data from in a separate instance of BBV 0.65.
    I chose Marth. Most would choose Mario.

Now, Make a new Material for all existing Materials. Name the new materials the same as the existing ones, but add _ExtMtl at the end of the name.

Now Examine, then export the Brawl character's _ExtMtl Materials and Shaders with the "Metal" type.
    Note how the Shader Id corresponds with the order of the Shaders and how the ID is referenced in the Materials.

Now Make a new Shader and replace it with the Metal Shader from the Brawl character. Note the order it's in now. That's the new ID. If it's the 5th shader, 4 is the new ID.

Now take all the new _ExtMtl materials you made and replace them with the _ExtMtl shaders you got from the Brawl characters.

NOW, check the Shader Id and change it to reflect the new location and something that exists or the game will freeze.

Finally, check the texture references of the _ExtMtl materials to see if they reference metal00. If they don't change them to it like this:

1. Import metal00 texture into the .pac.
    2. Rename the reference by going into the material section clicking texture and selecting metal00 from the dropdown menu, then press enter.
    3. This.

After you have replace each metal material with something mario's metal material or marth's metal material, press on the last "metal00" in each material_ExtMtl and make sure everything looks like this:

you need to change:
    Projection, InputForm and SourceRow so it has the same value as my pic.

if you have done it right on every Material, your model will look like this:

note this: only the object that is singlebinded will have their texture follow the camera.
    dont know why yet :/

NormalEnable MUST be on "True" instead for "False" for the best result!

4. Repeat for all _ExtMtl Materials.

Now Save and test and comment.
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:05:40 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »

I'll try this out when I get a chance. Thanks!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »

Update - I was able to get the Metal Materials to work using the shader the siro texture(specular thing) has on Gray Fox and it looks a little better. Can't bring up a pic now.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »

Spectacular. You're awesome, EYoshi!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »

Made from borrowing Gray Fox's Reflective Shader.

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »

Is it the angle of the shot or is he just gray?

no pun intended...

Perhaps Mewtwo2000 knows how to makes it better? Seeing that beyond doesnt say anything about it >_<

FC:4898-8419-2778

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »

Eternal Yoshi: Do you mind to update your Guide with this step?
    Cause this step is making the metal texture looks delicious.

After you have replace each metal material with something mario's metal material or marth's metal material, press on the last "metal00" in each material_ExtMtl and make sure everything looks like this:

you need to change:
    Projection, InputForm and SourceRow so it has the same value as my pic.

if you have done it right on every Material, your model will look like this:

note this: only the object that is singlebinded will have their texture follow the camera.
    dont know why yet :/
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:46:03 AM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »

I don't mind updating, but I need to get my [censored] together before I can return to Brawl hacking.

Thanks for the info...

Doing this through the Wii is a pain with dead batteries....

Edit: Managed to edit this with my brother's laptop-- don't snitch on me. :l
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:18:56 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »

Pics....

This checks out. Indeed.

The Metal Texture only moves on the head and blade, but it's still awesome and a big improvement.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »

oh! I forgot to change one thing!

NormalEnable MUST be on "True" instead for "False" for the best result!

sorry ^^;

Eternal Yoshi: that looks good :3
    I believe that would look better with NormalEnable on "True" C:
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:41:36 PM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »

Nice work on that metal texture Eternal. I guess this is gonna be our Christmas present, huh?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

how do i "add" a new shader or material????

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

how do i "add" a new shader or material????
    Right click the MDL0. It'll say "Add New Shader" and "Add new Material"

: SW-2632-7270-6724

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »

Right click the MDL0. It'll say "Add New Shader" and "Add new Material"

thanks, i was trying to do it from the shader and material folders... >.< silly me

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »

Nice work on that metal texture Eternal. I guess this is gonna be our Christmas present, huh?

Can't promise anything until I can power on my laptop but since I can put away the sword,
    I can give side taunt an appropriate animation for the quote. 

I'm gonna have him shadowbox a bit while he finishes the quote...

"Hand to hand, is the basis of all combat."

Animation wise, I got the fancy put away sword pose thing from MGS done, just gotta do the shadowboxing when I get the chance to.

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: