Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Super Barrio's custom model work - The Kami Trio  (Read 8628 times)
SuperBarrio
Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 24, 2011, 04:50:56 AM »

Update: UV Map's done - time to paint the texture!

Nevermind - One texture done - Not particularly accurate with the blobs, but this IS a test afterall..

Thought I’d post this to see if anyone was particularly interested.

IT turns out my 3D modelling package of choice (Maya) can import into 3DS max, and then Brawl without a hitch, so as such, I thought I would create custom models.

As a test, I’m doing the Kami Trio of Unova - Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.
     This is both because they seem to physically resemble a character, and I think it would be cool to see a character not fit perfectly to a skeleton for a bit more uniqueness (In this case, ignoring the legs completely.)

Also, I can essentially make 3 from one!

Anyway – I’ve got them mostly modeled save for two of their hula hoops, it fits Ganondorf’s bone structure, and I’m making sure the poly count stays below that of Ganondorf (And have thus far succeeded!)

If these come out well, I will probably make other characters that are not available as models, or not very smashbrosy. (Doshin the giant is my first port of call.. then Chibi Robo. And maybe a Smash bros style Balloon fighter..)

The hard part comes in that I only have 3DS max 8, so that needs to change, or I need someone else to rig them, but I’ll cross that bridge when I have these guys UV mapped and textured!

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you a work in Progress, the freakish genie trio.

And I’d appreciate not being asked to do requests, I am happy to do something if it is popular, but I don’t really want to end up asked to make every boring turd that was ever created.

But if you have an interesting (Nintendo) character you’d like to put forward, feel free! I can only tell you you’re stupid and unloved.
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:00:09 PM by SuperBarrio » Logged

Vertexing my way throguh Nintendo's B list - One failure at a time.

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:49:11 AM »

Wait, you're creating custom models from scratch? That's great that you can do that, but if you're doing these 3 Pokemon in particular, why wouldn't you use their models that already exist? >_>

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »

They look great so far!
    But yeah they all have premade models from Pokepark already. But since you said your models fit Ganondorf pretty well already, yours might be the better choice, cause most of those Pokepark models don't have enough vertices. A few only have around 4 around the elbow. Im srs here

I can send you the other models to use as a base if you want, but yeah custom models are the way to go in this case.

Tl;dr? Most Pokepark models suck for Brawl rigging purposes.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:38:19 AM by Sonfernape » Logged

ToddL
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:57:27 AM »

Awesome!
    I'm happy to see someone still wants to be creative now that importing pre-existing stuff is so possible.
    Keep doing what you're doing here and by all means work on whatever you enjoy in the future, but I do have a suggestion for you: consider taking a look at some older pre-3d games for some of your potential projects.  I don't know how old you are so I don't know what you grew up playing but if you're like me there are a couple of SNES or earlier games that I would have a blast giving 3d attention to.

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:41:51 AM »

I assumed that the models would have their arms crossed, but mainly I just wanted to try moddeling soemthing for myself and see how well it imported - I had hoped to do it more 'Brawl' like - giving more control over the edge loops to allow it to bend better and meaning I can texture it a bit nicer!

The three in one was icing on the cake, with Ganondorf having 6 slots and each pokemon having a basic and shiney colour, it meant it fits perfectly!

Anyway, to summarise: Quick test - I wanted something I was happy to do wrong.

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »

hi so you have understood how to do model for brawl ouah great Smiley nice the kami trio Smiley

for you next try do you think you could import this model in maya and in 3dsmax for port this vash the stampede on snake in brawl one of these days it would be really cool or if not one the model i spoke you Smiley ?

the link of vash the stampede is here : it is for resident evil 4 but if you want i can transform in obj
    :http://www.multiupload.com/NQ43JJ3CN3

screen of this model in resident evil 4 mod :http://pikucha.ru/i4b3C and http://pikucha.ru/i4b3E

and her the model of the gun of vash the stampede created by rose :http://www.mediafire.com/?8t07al4cvle967s

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »

And I’d appreciate not being asked to do requests, I am happy to do something if it is popular, but I don’t really want to end up asked to make every boring turd that was ever created. But if you have an interesting (Nintendo) character you’d like to put forward, feel free! I can only tell you you’re stupid and unloved.

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »

i think it is really for me lol i have no word in front this :

first i had only ask you if you would want models because i know lot of sites and if you like too the models i have found and you said me yes for the models you would want certain pokemon and robot.... and you have said me you even if you would want you was sorry because you didn't know how to put character model in brawl so you could not to do one models for me one of these days i have said ok no problem and i have search all the models you would want and found quasi all and you have said me thanks

few times later you write on a post you have succeed to port a model not only texture in brawl and i ask you if you could one of these days i have said one of these days port a model like vash the stampede wich is really famous for your informations and you reply like that
    i don't know how a guy like you has can found the luck to understand the modding
    but i am sure of a thing i have not to time to lost with you guy never and one day

and if i find the time i will help and will create models with take request too
    and fortunately i have found guys in this communauty of brawl wich shared their work and character not for to be famous but because they want share and does not hesit to help peoples

i hope guys like us will exist always here and i hope if they work on the models i propose them they will like too these models and if they have need of models or thing in wich i can help them they can count on me
    so you see there are guys wich merit to become famous and have lot of luck in the life but you you know now if you are one of them i have not to lost my time to say you 
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:35:03 AM by agent-s » Logged

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »

Just to note - as I said in my original post, I've not got to the stage that I can import these models, or even rig them.

These where all renderd from Maya2008 - a 3D package. so don't worry, I'm not just hoarding them, Agent-s.

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 07:13:55 AM »

Ok ok cool. And all of the PokePark models are T-posed already. You'll just have to export the DAEs from the brres files. If you want any of those to use a base, let me know. I'd much rather rig custom models than the original PokePark models.

By the way, Happy Birthday!

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »

I had hoped to do it more 'Brawl' like - giving more control over the edge loops to allow it to bend better and meaning I can texture it a bit nicer!
    Oh, that's a good reason. It means that the models can be better fit to the Brawl characters' skeletons. You get my respect for putting in the extra effort to get better quality.

I hope to see those in Brawl eventually.

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »

Oh that's right! You were making them to fit the Brawl skeletons. They should be relatively easy to rig then. I could work a few of your stuff if you'd like.

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »

Ok, updated the first post with renders - all neatly renderd. Currently the colours assigned to polys so its time for UV Mapping (yay.)

The pokepark models do look really nice, and after doing it, I think I SHOULD have stolen the hula hoopey bits.. and maybe the hair clouds, as they are a bit.. awkward, but as I said, quality!

And consdiering the high quality of your work Sonfernnape (And your good taste thus far Tongue) I'd be happy to hand them over to you when they're done to rig!  Expect to be bombarded by creepy genies one day!

Though my texturing isn't my strongest area, At the very least I can do a simple job and wait for someone to redo it!

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »

I realise there are rules againt 'Necro Posting' and that I've probably jsut violated all of them - but I thoguht I'd atleast post a new reply so that those itnerested could see the progress!

One down! - Anybody want to try rigging it? Should fit neatly over ganondorf! (and I'm happy to stick in some more edge loops to make it distort better with the bones.)

SuperBarrio
    Expert Kitten

It's a Me, Barrio!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »

And here they are. Finished! Ready for anyone who wishes to take it on to rig them and import them into brawl over mr.Ganondorf.

Apart from a few issues with Torna.... The green one... I am quite happy with these! Pity I'm not a ganondorf fan..
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:53:50 AM by SuperBarrio » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: