Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 597087 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2025 on: August 24, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »

Of course Smiley I've beaten every Metroid game (and 456 other games to be precise). I'm a game encyclopedia. I can help you cook up some moves. Smiley

But let me ask you this:

Is he going to be in the air constantly like the Ganon PSA? (I can send it to you if you don't know what I'm talking about... it's called Ganon 43% or something).

Or is he going to be several feet off the ground at all times, requiring the opponent to jump to hit him?

Or is he going to be grounded? I've got a few moves in mind so let me know what you're doing. I've always wanted playable bosses so this sounds great Smiley

Also... I'm not sure if this is how you want to do it BUT if you don't want them to be KOable, is there a way to make it so that once they've recieved... 300% damage or something the character will have a death animation and then phase through objects into the "KO" zone? That way it's like having a Stamina match without the stamina. I believe KJP's T-Rex followed similar rules...

Oh, no, he's going to be like Tabuu, a boss within the rules of playable characters. He'll float, yes, but reasonably.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2026 on: August 24, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

Oh, no, he's going to be like Tabuu, a boss within the rules of playable characters. He'll float, yes, but reasonably.

Gotcha.

How are you going to map the special moves? Then I'll know what'll be left over for "A" moves.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2027 on: August 24, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »

Gotcha.

How are you going to map the special moves? Then I'll know what'll be left over for "A" moves.

Well, the attack where he flies up and stomps the ground will be the Down B. The attack where he scratches the ground with his tail will be either Dash or Side B. The famous "coming in from the background" will be the FS. N-B will be a fire ball. Okay, there are some moves I like in the Crusade moveset, but the intention is not to copy it. ^^;

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2028 on: August 24, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »

Well, the attack where he flies up and stomps the ground will be the Down B. The attack where he scratches the ground with his tail will be either Dash or Side B. The famous "coming in from the background" will be the FS. N-B will be a fire ball. Okay, there are some moves I like in the Crusade moveset, but the intention is not to copy it. ^^;

Well in most games featuring Ridley, his attacks range from projectiles to a lot of Tail swipes.

In the earlier games his Tail was the only part of him that really attacked you (Except Mecha Ridley in Zero Mission's end game... oh yeah spoilers...). In keeping with that feel, I suggest that his aerial moves use the tails.

If you gave him low gravity he could stay in the air and use the attacks the old bosses had.

I suggest the following for this idea:

Aerial attacks:

Forward A: Ridley whips the tail from behiind him, to underneath him, to in front of him. The area of hit would be underneath and in front of him. Hit boxes underneath would send players downward. Hit boxes in front would send players just above him to allow him to attempt and aerial combo with the other aerial moves (Say you hit them up just in the line of Ridley's mouth to be hit with a fire ball, or if they go too high you can use one of your jumps to use another aerial move(s)). Due to the ease of use with the attack, it would have so-so damage (maybe a sweetspot of damage at the very tip of his tail) but wouldn't have too much knock back. This attack is a "set up" move while also acting as protection from underneath him. Players need to work around this move, as you would with the actual boss. This is also done because if you give him low gravity, pressing down should allow you to descend. So rather than have a swipe for down A and Forward A, I basically combined the expected attacks into one.

Down A: Ridley has slammed downward before. As basic as it is to have an attack like this, it suits him, and it is actually used in the Metroid games. So pressing down in the air will cause the low gravity to become higher and that'll make him descend. Pressing down A will cause a sudden slam to the ground.

Up A: Upwards chomp. Ridley has attempted to bite Samus before, and it's no surprise considering how big his mouth is. It extends outward farther than his arms can in most incarnations, so it's only natural to have some mouth moves. He is animalistic afterall. He's going to use what his body allows him to, and with a head of that size, I'd say it makes sense. If you don't like that though, then perhaps an upward swipe with his arm, like Wolf? Or an aerial summer-salt with the tail being swung around like a flail during the maneuver?

Neutral A: I believe this one NEEDS to be a swipe with the arm. Ridley pivots his body and swings it forward, like Wolf's sort of, except slower and with a wider attack range. Ridley has used his arms IN THE AIR in the 3D games to grab Samus and swat at her, so it goes with what is known to occur. You could even make it kind of like Mario's where it sends players downwards. Then follow up with a down A to smash them into the ground.

Back A: Have Ridley flap his wings once forward, forcing him backwards. Think of a back slam. It wouldn't have the KO power of most back kicks, but the hitbox would be long, as his body is big. The sweetspot should be on the pointeist part of his back, as his size makes it difficult to coordinate that sweetspot. This one spot should have the normal back kick KO knockback.

If you decide not to use the low gravity, most of the moves still work well in theory.

As for the ground moves... will he be floating as he is during the fight, or are you going to make him stand? If so is he bipedal or quadrupedal? In almost all incarnations, he's quadrupedal.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2029 on: August 24, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

move stuff

Yeah! Those sound quite good.

And he'll be quadrupedal when on ground.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2030 on: August 24, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »

Of the up A aerials I like the summersalt tail-flai the best.

For the ground:

Metroid Prime games had Ridley grounded several times. While grounded his attacks were sort of limited to his mouth. In keeping with the feel, I suggest you use the mouth. The mouth is also up front so it makes sense for Ridley to WANT to use his mouth.

Smashes:

Forward A: A chomp. With his long mouth, I suggest two things to make it stand out:

1. The closer the player is, the more hits they'll recieve from the mouth. Say if the player is close enough to Ridley that they would be at the apex of his jaw hinge: > (all the way inside). There'd be a hit there, as well as in the middle, and the tip. So the closer a player is, the more devastating it would be. Getting off the two hits should be relatively normal during play adding up to... let's say 20 damage. If you get the deepest hit, you'd start off with 12 and thus you'd get 32. If you want the attack to be more fair (I'm not sure how fair you want since it's a boss) then you can lower the damage, up the KO potential, and make it a bit faster. The other part to this move that I thought would really display his vicious behavior would be if while charging the move, it added fire damage to the move. A fully charged forward smash would have him extend his neck farther for the bite AND have a flame effect. Just some flare really.

Forward tilt: Peck. Ridley does a quick pick with the tip of his mouth. It's got good range BUT isn't so strong. It's used to get someone into a corner or to just keep opponents away from your large body, which you'll want. Bowser gets torn up by small characters, but if he had more ranged physical moves he'd be better. Ridley CAN since his neck is sort of coiled and his mouth is big. It's quick and can get players off of you. Perfect for keeping distance. The closer they are, the more likely they'll get hit wit ha sweetspot that pushes them back further. Big characters in Brawl NEED moves like this since navigating a character to a bigger one is typically easy.

Up Smash: A two-parter: Ridley steps forward scraping his snout into the ground, flinging and opponent into the air. Much like Link's forward smash you can take advantage of an opponent with lower percentage and get off of a second hit. If you press A again Ridley will clap his wings together like Donkey Kong's up smash for serious damage. At higher percentages, opponents would be too high for the "clap" to work. So it'd be up to Ridley to utilize his up special, or just depend on the up smash for KO poetintial.

Up tilt: I'm kind of stumped on this... so I'm going to say a wing swipe... kind of like Charizard's up tilt except better range. Sweetspot on the wing's "thumb" or the spike.

Down Smash: Ridley flaps his wings downward which can both push people back at further distances, and actually damage people if they're close enough. As a huge target, his moves need to all have the keep away poetintial. This move would be another good move for getting Ridley out of a bind, AND keeping opponents away with the "push" effect, like F.L.U.D.D. (Mario's water backpack).

Down Tilt: ... Bowset like swipe with arms... that's all I could think of really. Unless you want him to swing his head downward or peck/nibble downards...

Neutal A combo: he swipes with his arms, left, then while slowly standing more upright right, and then finally slamming the underside of his head downward into the opponent. 3 hits in total. This one sounds basic because it's another stumper...

Down Smash:

Angelglory
    Extreme Kitten

I'm Ridley feelin' it!

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2031 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »

Moveset for Ridley, don't mind if I do. *grabs planned moveset* This would be longer, but I took out the spiel about the special moves.

Jab: Downward claw swipe, mirrored for second jab.
    Dash: Ridley lunges and swings his claws in a downward arc.
    F-tilt: Ridley does a one-handed claw swipe in front of himself.
    U-Tilt: Ridley snaps his jaws upward.
    D-tilt: Ridley jabs his tail forward, stabbing the ground in front of him. Long reach.

F-smash: Ridley swings his arm in an upward motion, juggling enemies up into the air in front of him.
    --F-smash 2: Ridley lunges diagonally up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
    U-smash: Ridley turns sideways and swings both hands above his head in a downward arc.
    --U-smash 2: Ridley lunges straight up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
    D-smash: Ridley spins in place, swinging his tail around him. This attack hits multiple times, dragging the foe along with the motion of the tail before tossing them up and away from Ridley.
    --D-smash 2: Ridley lunges up after tossed foes, putting himself airborne.*
    (*The second part each Smash attack can only be used if an enemy is struck with the attack.)

N-Air: A general claw swipe
    F-air: Ridley does a double-handed swipe in a downward motion. Meteor smash.
    B-air: Ridley kicks back with his leg, turning himself to face behind him. Changes Ridley's facing.
    U-air: Ridley does a front-flip, swiping his tail upwards followed by his talons.
    D-air: Ridley stabs downward with his tail.

Grab/Pummel: Ridley grabs the enemy/Ridley bites the enemy
    F-throw: Throws the foe up and forward into the air
    B-throw: Basic backhanded throw up into the air
    U-throw: Lifts foe above his head them skewers them with his tail
    D-throw: Slam the foe onto the ground then hit them with a blast of fire.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2032 on: August 25, 2014, 09:19:57 AM »

Ok... so I set up Ridley and lo and behold, now he won't load up at all. He freezes with the famous beep when selecting a stage. So for now it looks like I'll have to find another ExCharacter to port him over, because Pit doesn't work.

In the mean time, I suppose I'll go back to K. Rool. Smiley

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2033 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

Yay! Finally Cheesy

You Never Know!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2034 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »

Yay! Finally Cheesy

That's for Ridley, not the Alien. Tongue

Anyway, I still haven't found the cause of his freezing when set up as a BrawlEx clone. So K. Rool it is, and I'll be rigging Lip myself.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #2035 on: August 26, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

Maybe this will fire your motivation for K Rool.

This is a screenshot of Flux Studio which opens up wrl and vrml files, not 3ds Max.
    Found a save file with 101% completed, had to go back and forth between graphic plugins and use save states while fighting him because 1964 likes to mess with you with a few games including DK64.
    This is him knocked out after Tiny is done tickling his toes. lol Figured it's the closest thing to a t-pose, plus his tail is practically unanimated unlike some of the other knocked out positions. AWESOME 2.0!
    Do you want to rig him or do you want me to? I'd be happy to rig him for you if you don't feel like it, or get frustrated with him. Wink If you want me to, then has his bonetree been edited since the alpha or is it still the same?

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2036 on: August 26, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »

Maybe this will fire your motivation for K Rool.

This is a screenshot of Flux Studio which opens up wrl and vrml files, not 3ds Max.
    Found a save file with 101% completed, had to go back and forth between graphic plugins and use save states while fighting him because 1964 likes to mess with you with a few games including DK64.
    This is him knocked out after Tiny is done tickling his toes. lol Figured it's the closest thing to a t-pose, plus his tail is practically unanimated unlike some of the other knocked out positions. AWESOME 2.0!
    Do you want to rig him or do you want me to? I'd be happy to rig him for you if you don't feel like it, or get frustrated with him. Wink If you want me to, then has his bonetree been edited since the alpha or is it still the same?

Yes, please rig him for me.

Here is why I'm asking you: I'm currently busy with the a rig of my own. Well, only partially my own. XD

Introducing...

KAPTAIN K. ROOL

Just gotta retexture his belly and rig the coat. I had to slightly vertex the coat because his arms kept poking through the sleeves.

And same model/boneset.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:46:56 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2037 on: August 26, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »

That's... the most amazing thing I've seen on this site... he's my favorite K Rool.

Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face Happy Face

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #2038 on: August 26, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »

Yes, please rig him for me.

Here is why I'm asking you: I'm currently busy with the a rig of my own. Well, only partially my own. XD

Introducing...

KAPTAIN K. ROOL

Just gotta retexture his belly and rig the coat. I had to slightly vertex the coat because his arms kept poking through the sleeves.

And same model/boneset.

Was not expecting that majestic kremling when I opened the spoiler. Anyways, um...forgot that I don't have the alpha on this computer and the Dropbox link is down due to too much traffic......yah...don't have the model to actually import over. Tongue

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2039 on: August 26, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »

Wow. I just double checked that my link is down. Damn, I swear, they're getting as [censored]ing bad as Mediafire. Tongue

Anyway, I'll probably keep animating K. Rool for a bit before continuing his Kaptain rig.

Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: