Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 595872 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #330 on: March 25, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »

Okay. Hi everyone. My apologies for necroposting, but with Tabuu finally out and finished, I thought I'd revive this thread and assure everyone that I'm no longer quitting, nor will Tabuu be my last PSA.

Check OP for plans, and plus I'll leave you with this, since I was completely ignored in the WIP PSA thread...

It's cold in here. Im srs here

>.>
    <.<

Just me showcasing my first ever, and only, Dragon Ball Z PSA, Tenkaichi 3 King Cold.

Here he is with his son, Frieza (Frieza obviously not included. Tongue) Also showing his Wait 1, his idle pose from Tenkaichi 3.

Wait 3: His "Are you afraid of me?" taunt from Tenkaichi 3

Side Taunt 1: His entrance pose from Tenkaichi 3.

Side Taunt 2 (all in one animation, obv.):

Forward Strong Attack: A Spinning Kick.

Dash Attack 1 (yes, 1. His Dash Attack will be a 2 or up to 3 hit combo, depending on how long you hold A). A horned ram from Tenkaichi 3:

Dash Attack 2: Falls on his back, kicks upward and flips around. I created this move myself/not from BT3.

And if you hold A while he's kicking, he'll do a downward smash with his elbow, which I'll show later when I actually make it.

Time for the Neutral Special. I'm really proud of this. Depending on how you use B, it's one of two moves on the ground, but the same in the air.

First of all, King Cold assumes the Full Power Death Beam pose...

If you just tap B or hold it for a tiny bit (in other words, if you want to use the Death Beam but get in trouble and release B early on), he'll shoot a barrage of 5 ki blasts. (and by the way, yes. These are modified Tabuu effects. I needed fire and beam effects, and only Tabuu had them all in one file)

But... hold B long enough...

And first of all, he'll power up and charge it:

And finally, after a few seconds...

DON'T MOVE!

Recolors, take two:

Texture comparison: Left: Dot's sexy HD retexture and shine by yours truly, right, original Tenkaichi 3 textures.

And look what I added, thanks to BJ and his epic revisions of BB:

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: March 25, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

That metal...either it's me or it looks different than Brawl's.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: March 25, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »

That metal...either it's me or it looks different than Brawl's.

Yeah, it's the Melee metal texture hack. Okay, now back to work. I'll update this post later with more stuff.

And also, would anyone like to be King Cold's beta tester? I mean, it's fine that I can test him, but I love the character and may be biased. I want to make sure... he's good and balanced, you know?

EDIT: Okay, so I have very slight updates for both Cold and Naz.

King Cold's ladder animations are pretty much done (oh, btw, you can expect better quality animations from me for King Cold, since I've learned a lot since I started), and Nazrin now has Metal textures and recolors that I whipped up myself.

I'll showcase this later.

But for the moment, I want your opinion on something.

I did my first, real texture hack recently over Cold, and I want to know if A) you like it and B) should it be one of his "official" costumes or an extra?

based on this fanart:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:08:39 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #333 on: March 25, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »

So...

Brawl Hacks Special: The Master of Subspace...

I made a video showing the Tabuu PSA. I hope it's alright.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: March 25, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »

I really like it! Cheesy Good thing I included the codes, huh?

What needs polishing? I can always update the download.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

Dang Tabuu, that's impressive; i remember this project from way back in the day "when hex was new to most of us" and when clare had the Sword crotch problem

that's amazing, this inspires me to get back to work on Clare, i just need to get more ram to finish the model =/

i congratulate you Tabuu on a job very well done.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

Damn Tabuu, that's impressive; i remember this project from way back in the day "when hex was new to most of us" and when clare had the Sword crotch problem

that's amazing, this inspires me to get back to work on Clare, i just need to get more ram to finish the model =/

i congratulate you Tabuu on a job very well done.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Grin And yeah, Clare was awesome, I was wondering what happened to her. Grin My Diddy slot is still open if you decide to continue her.

Anywhoo...

Have some Ladders and Recolors!

Cold Ladder anims:

As my previous poll told me, you guys wanted him to float uo/down ladders, so there ya go. Granted! Grin

Also, Landing Heavy (he'll also feature mostly custom animations, based on those from BT3)

Nazrin metals and recolors:

Original import by Kyouma:

Metal materials:

Aand, recolors!

Yeah, the last one doesn't have an in-game snapshot, I forgot to take one while testing the recolors. :/

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

how strange, nazrin looks too poly.. are you sure you didnt do anything to the shader I set to the default naz?

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

I really like it! Cheesy Good thing I included the codes, huh?

What needs polishing? I can always update the download.
    Well, some of the GFX seem to stay with Tabuu. Mainly the down B. It stays on his head for a bit.

Feels like some move's hit boxes are a little unreliable. Or even don't have enough reward for landing. Like up smash... Which honestly feels more like a forward smash. Yes, it has decent range. But it's slow, and you HAVE to hit with the tip of the chain. And if you hit with the first hit. The foe can still get out before the second one hits.

While a tough to land, but high reward move isn't a bad thing. I feel Tabuu might actually have too many like that. Which results in often using only the safe moves. Like forward tilt. Side B. Down B air. the Dash attack. Side B air in some cases. And a few others.

However, down smash, up smash, some of his aerials, and a few others are very VERY hard to hit with. The up and down smash because the foe can get away from them. Even if the first hit actually got them.

Neutral B ground is pretty deceptive. Since it looks like it's a projectile. However only hits the foe if they're right next to him. Down B ground has a very odd hit box.

This also might just be me. But I would like a trimmed down version at some point. With 4 specials only.

I think the ones that would make decent ground/air specials are... Neutral B air. Side B ground, or air. Down B air. And up B air.

Now then, not all of this is gonna be constructive criticism.

I LOVE the first victory pose I showed in that video. It just has a LOT of impact to it. The sound, the lighting, and him disappearing at the end all seem very nice.

Side tilt seems like an alright move. Since it can still be punished, due to his size.

The sound effects seem well chosen for each move.

The animations for the most part seem pretty nice. There are a few that feel off. But otherwise pretty nice.

And now for an interesting note... Tabuu has a minor DACUS. It doesn't go much further then a running up smash. But the option is indeed there.

Anyway, I might have missed something... But eh, I'm a bit tired. I might be forgetting something. Overall though. I really do see a LOT of potential in this.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »

how strange, nazrin looks too poly.. are you sure you didnt do anything to the shader I set to the default naz?

Nope, I didn't touch it at all. D: Weird.

And...

Well, some of the GFX seem to stay with Tabuu. Mainly the down B. It stays on his head for a bit.

Feels like some move's hit boxes are a little unreliable. Or even don't have enough reward for landing. Like up smash... Which honestly feels more like a forward smash. Yes, it has decent range. But it's slow, and you HAVE to hit with the tip of the chain. And if you hit with the first hit. The foe can still get out before the second one hits.

While a tough to land, but high reward move isn't a bad thing. I feel Tabuu might actually have too many like that. Which results in often using only the safe moves. Like forward tilt. Side B. Down B air. the Dash attack. Side B air in some cases. And a few others.

However, down smash, up smash, some of his aerials, and a few others are very VERY hard to hit with. The up and down smash because the foe can get away from them. Even if the first hit actually got them.

Neutral B ground is pretty deceptive. Since it looks like it's a projectile. However only hits the foe if they're right next to him. Down B ground has a very odd hit box.

This also might just be me. But I would like a trimmed down version at some point. With 4 specials only.

I think the ones that would make decent ground/air specials are... Neutral B air. Side B ground, or air. Down B air. And up B air.

Now then, not all of this is gonna be constructive criticism.

I LOVE the first victory pose I showed in that video. It just has a LOT of impact to it. The sound, the lighting, and him disappearing at the end all seem very nice.

Side tilt seems like an alright move. Since it can still be punished, due to his size.

The sound effects seem well chosen for each move.

The animations for the most part seem pretty nice. There are a few that feel off. But otherwise pretty nice.

And now for an interesting note... Tabuu has a minor DACUS. It doesn't go much further then a running up smash. But the option is indeed there.

Anyway, I might have missed something... But eh, I'm a bit tired. I might be forgetting something. Overall though. I really do see a LOT of potential in this.

Nothing I can do about the Down B GFX, sadly. Even boss Tabuu has that glitch. Sad

Okay, so when I feel like it, you're gonna get that trimmed down version. I was just in a hurry to release him.

What the hell is a DACUS? ;O

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »

A DACUS is an advanced technique where you do a sliding up smash. Look it up on Youtube. It's most famous because of Snake.

It's easiest to do on a GC controller.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: March 25, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »

I swear that wasn't intentional. D: Must make it even harder to use, huh?

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to work. Ciao for now.

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Question.what is the ef_Ganon.pac file for?

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

To put in the PF/effect/fighter folder.

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »

No what I mean is is it for the Psa itself or the other stuff?

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: