Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 593052 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #660 on: December 30, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »

LOL I think I need to redownload Sawndz and Super Sawndz. XD I didn't know DK's sounds would be such a pain to replace. Tongue I keep getting corrupted sawnd files with K. Rool's DK64 voices. D: And when I go to replace the sawnd in the BRSAR, the "conversion" window keeps flashing on and off the screen then disappears promptly.

Hi Tabuu I had one random idea for a taunt for King Rool, he aims his gun thing and tries to fire it but it doesn't shoot, he then look up the barrel like a idiot gun shoot noise then a lot of black smoke comes out of covering his head for a second, the smoke disappears and he has dumb in slight pain expression on his face shakes his head and the taunt ends. Could also be a win animation.

Actually, I was planning to do something like that for his Neutral special. I'm basing it on Diddy's. Grin I even have all his Specials planned. lol

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #661 on: December 31, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »

LOL I think I need to redownload Sawndz and Super Sawndz. XD I didn't know DK's sounds would be such a pain to replace. Tongue I keep getting corrupted sawnd files with K. Rool's DK64 voices. D: And when I go to replace the sawnd in the BRSAR, the "conversion" window keeps flashing on and off the screen then disappears promptly.

Why don't you use .bnk?

Actually, I was planning to do something like that for his Neutral special. I'm basing it on Diddy's. Grin I even have all his Specials planned. lol

Lol... Does he receive damages from it?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #662 on: December 31, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »

So, does anyone know what my problem might be with his shine textures? I followed Nanobuds' turorial to a T, and and even with EnvCamera on, they still won't follow the camera. D:
    Did you check that their HasTextureMatrix was set to True for the materials that objects rigged to multiple bones used? Just double click on it and it'll change either to True or stay False. If it stays False, then it means that only single-binded objects use that material and it should've been one of the objects that did have a proper shine when you tested it. There have been multiple times where I forgot to change the HasTextureMatrix to true and testing ingame the shine effect was screwed up. lol Also can't wait for K Rool, I need to see if there's a perfect or close to perfect DK port so I can have both fight each other.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #663 on: December 31, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »

Why don't you use .bnk?

Because I use Riivo.

Lol... Does he receive damages from it?

No, it'll just interrupt/freeze him for a bit.

Did you check that their HasTextureMatrix was set to True for the materials that objects rigged to multiple bones used? Just double click on it and it'll change either to True or stay False. If it stays False, then it means that only single-binded objects use that material and it should've been one of the objects that did have a proper shine when you tested it. There have been multiple times where I forgot to change the HasTextureMatrix to true and testing ingame the shine effect was screwed up. lol Also can't wait for K Rool, I need to see if there's a perfect or close to perfect DK port so I can have both fight each other.

Thanks. Worked like a charm! I can't believe I keep forgetting that little detail. D: So now he has his golden belly from earlier appearances, and shiny arm bands and crown. Also a more subtle shine on his gun.

Okay, so here's the deal:

I finally made a working Sawnd file for K. Rool. It has his voice clips from DK64 and many SFX from DKC 1 and 2. It'll come with his first beta. I also edited the announcer call I edited for him, to make it sound more like the Brawl announcer.

So, with no further ado, I'll try again to get snapshots of his working shines, and I finished the run. I just gotta PSA the thing. I'm so proud to be helping to hack my favourite Nintendo character and most-wanted SSB4 newcomer into Smash Bros. Grin

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: December 31, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »

Also when you do get screenshots could you also do a screenshot of that crown throw side special?

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #665 on: December 31, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »

Also when you do get screenshots could you also do a screenshot of that crown throw side special?

Yeah, absolutely. Once I actually make it, lol. For now I'm concentrating on movement and basic stuff, and later I'll redo the cosmetics since it's a whole new model and stuffs.

I must say, I'm proud of the sound pack. ^_^ I hope K. Rool will be worth the wait. Grin

Anyhoo, here's some stuff:

Here we go!

Dash Start:

Run Brake:

Run. His cape flails in the wind:

Turn with fixed shine:

Dash brake. Frame 20-ish:

Wait2 pose:

Here he is, flexing that bicep!

Next up, I completely rebuilt K. Rool's effect file by using an empty effect pac (ef_dixie.pac) and adding the cannonballs as a External GFX model. Here's the spiked one following LHandN:

Also, the regular one on TopN:

Naked butt, exposed thanks to the cape bones. Just for the lolz:

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »

Using an empty ef_character.pac file

Why didn't I think of that last year >.<

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #667 on: December 31, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

Using an empty ef_character.pac file

Why didn't I think of that last year >.<

IDK, but it saves me a TON of file space, the whole thing (models plus the texture they share) goes to 23.0 KB, putting my FitDonkey at 201 KB. The thing is usually 253, and the largest FitDonkey I've seen is 351 KB (the OLD Cloud Kong PSA), so K. Rool has a lot of room for me to cram his moveset in.

So, can I have a volunteer to make me a preview vid once I'm ready? I promised the guys at the SSB4 K. Rool support thread I'd show them one. lol

Going to work on Jumping stuff next, and editing some more attributes.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

So, can I have a volunteer to make me a preview vid once I'm ready? I promised the guys at the SSB4 K. Rool support thread I'd show them one. lol
    *raises hand*

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #669 on: December 31, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »

*raises hand*

All right, sweet! I've seen what you can do with a capture card, and so I'll send you the files once I have a decent beta to put out. Grin

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #670 on: December 31, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

sweet. cant wait

Quotes:

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: December 31, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »

Hah, thanks. Grin

I'm hoping to get as much done on my main 3 WIPs as possible before the 20th (that's when school starts again)

I... think I've gone overboard on the attributes. He can't jump anymore. lol

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #672 on: December 31, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »

I... think I've gone overboard on the attributes. He can't jump anymore. lol

Wow. Yeah. Fix that. lol

Quotes:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #673 on: December 31, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

Naked butt, exposed thanks to the cape bones. Just for the lolz:

Dat color difference. Im srs here
    Lovely animations and rig though Happy Face, and that shine texture make it seem like he has nipples...maybe edit the shine texture to get rid of that circle. I never understood why it was there in Brawl's default shine texture it always made certain characters look weird to me. Tongue
    And using a blank effect pac, I need to remember that when I'm making a PSA and runn out of room due to effect models. Cool

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: December 31, 2013, 05:15:41 PM »

Wow. Yeah. Fix that. lol

I'mma gonna for sure. XD I just haven't done these since I first toyed with Ganon's files while making Tabuu for the first time. XD My attribute-editing skills are really rusty. D:

Dat color difference. Im srs here
    Lovely animations and rig though Happy Face, and that shine texture make it seem like he has nipples...maybe edit the shine texture to get rid of that circle. I never understood why it was there in Brawl&#039;s default shine texture it always made certain characters look weird to me. Tongue
    And using a blank effect pac, I need to remember that when I&#039;m making a PSA and runn out of room due to effect models. Cool

Eh? Im srs here

In certain angles, you mean?

Well, for the blank effect pac, remember that you'll need to manually import everything, including REFF and REFTs, not just models. K. Rool's new effect pac only uses the 2 models and the texture.

Playtesting and testing jumping, BRB.

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: