Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 592664 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #780 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:06 PM »

I wish that "transition" never happened. Rare-Nintendo was the best thing to happen to Donkey Kong, IMO. I LOVE Retro Studios with a passion, don't get me wrong, but Returns was missing a lot of stuff. It just wasn't as awesome nor magical.
    Rare made some of the best games ever when they were with Nintendo, and Retro is doing great too with DKC, though I do agree that it isn't same as the originals, but they are still doing a great job with the series. I loved how they put in so many remixes of the most popular songs from DKC in Returns, they brought in a lot of things that made the series good, though no swimming, Kremlings, or Kong switching was a little bit of a let down, but they've brought swimming back in Tropical Freeze, and Dixie being playable again is awesome too. What I really hope is for DKC to not turn into NSMB, where you've got basically the same game with only minor differences between each game. Sad
    Anyways back on topic, I think the Cannonball Rain move will be the best for the Final Smash, it's Iconic, it's simple and easy to make (or atleast should be easy to make), and as long as it isn't too overpowered or too underpowered. We need a decent amount of Cannonballs that are hard to dodge, but aren't too hard or too easy to avoid.
    Course having the attack extremely OP will be making fun of how Donkey Kong's FS is just too pitiful, it's easy to avoid in most cases, you're f-ed on scrolling levels because you can't move or cancel the attack, and he could've gotten a better FS.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #781 on: January 10, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »

I've thought of an idea of having K. Rool's Up-B being Barrel Blast. It'll act sort of like Diddy Kong's Up-B, or Fox's Up-B.

Either way, I thought of having K. Rool being in a barrel with an arrow on it, and act like Melee's Cannon Barrel, and umm... you get the picture. XD

That's nifty, but I'm not really representing Barrel Blast. It's IMO the worst of all games that has K. Rool in it. It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the godawful controls. D:

Rare made some of the best games ever when they were with Nintendo, and Retro is doing great too with DKC, though I do agree that it isn't same as the originals, but they are still doing a great job with the series. I loved how they put in so many remixes of the most popular songs from DKC in Returns, they brought in a lot of things that made the series good, though no swimming, Kremlings, or Kong switching was a little bit of a let down, but they've brought swimming back in Tropical Freeze, and Dixie being playable again is awesome too. What I really hope is for DKC to not turn into NSMB, where you've got basically the same game with only minor differences between each game. Sad
    Anyways back on topic, I think the Cannonball Rain move will be the best for the Final Smash, it's Iconic, it's simple and easy to make (or atleast should be easy to make), and as long as it isn't too overpowered or too underpowered. We need a decent amount of Cannonballs that are hard to dodge, but aren't too hard or too easy to avoid.
    Course having the attack extremely OP will be making fun of how Donkey Kong's FS is just too pitiful, it's easy to avoid in most cases, you're f-ed on scrolling levels because you can't move or cancel the attack, and he could've gotten a better FS.

Yeah, I like NSMB, but it IS kinda repetitive. 2 and U were the worst in that regard, but DS and Wii were awesome. TF looks different enough from Returns in my eyes.

I'll see if there's a way for K. Rool to move with the stage via PSA, even though I doubt it's possible. D:

Working on completing his Footstool animations at the moment, will most probably start Attack11 soon, and the Ladder stuff. And maybe the item animations this weekend.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #782 on: January 11, 2014, 07:46:05 AM »

Yes DS and Wii were amazing bu then the NSMB series just starting coping it self and is now the CoD of Mario. Tongue I wouldn't be as mad if we would atleast get original music in each new game and not the same songs with maybe slight changes that you have to listen to comparison videos to hear. Sad
    If you're not able to get K Rool to move with the stage, hopefully someone else will be able to.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mr. AI | Sluigi123
    Expert Kitten

顔へのフーズボール!

• Awards Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #783 on: January 11, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun
    That's nifty, but I'm not really representing Barrel Blast. It's IMO the worst of all games that has K. Rool in it. It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the godawful controls. D:

Well... I didn't say anything about representing the game Barrel Blast, oh well. I was thinking of representing the barrel as part of the DKC series, though out of all those games, K. Rool has only appeared in the first two.

I've only saw K. Rool in a barrel cannon just once, but I can't remember where I saw it at. 

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #784 on: January 11, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »

Well... I didn't say anything about representing the game Barrel Blast, oh well. I was thinking of representing the barrel as part of the DKC series, though out of all those games, K. Rool has only appeared in the first two.

I've only saw K. Rool in a barrel cannon just once, but I can't remember where I saw it at. 
    you never finished DKC3? K Rool was the true final boss of DKC3.

----------------------------

also, I have an idea for swim animations if you haven't made em yet
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:39:11 PM by Bad Box Art Mega Man » Logged

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #785 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »

Normally I would do that, but DK and Diddy already use barrels in the game. Wink

If you're not able to get K Rool to move with the stage, hopefully someone else will be able to.

Yeah, I hope so too. But I'll still try it. Smiley I'll re-code his FS from scratch in the Specials tab and all.

you never finished DKC3? K Rool was the true final boss of DKC3.

----------------------------

also, I have an idea for swim animations if you haven't made em yet

Swing em by me! Grin I only made one, so I can scrap it if I like the ideas. Smiley

Anyway, more snapshots!

Footstooled in the air. Yeah... the ThrowN needs to be updated.

Step Fall (inspired a bit by Bowser's)

Landing Light:

Wait Item:

Squat. Now, K. Rool, being so large and fat, has a pretty mediocre crouch.

Squat Wait Item:

K. Rool and Nazrin:

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #786 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »

here's the scenario:
    from what i recall, he cant swim. when he hits the water a hovercraft (a barrel with a stretched tire and a fan) appears and when he's about to go under he starts panicking and when he goes under, the hovercraft breaks into 3 pieces and sinks with him. idk if it's too much, but I just think of it as a funny way of going down, like something rare would do if they were still with Nintendo.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #787 on: January 11, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »

here's the scenario:
    from what i recall, he cant swim. when he hits the water a hovercraft (a barrel with a stretched tire and a fan) appears and when he's about to go under he starts panicking and when he goes under, the hovercraft breaks into 3 pieces and sinks with him. idk if it's too much, but I just think of it as a funny way of going down, like something rare would do if they were still with Nintendo.

It would need a new article with animations and all. Because that would shoot the filesize for his effect file way up. D: And someone would need to create that model. No such thing exists. D:

And if all else fails, look at Sonic. He can't swim either, but in Brawl...

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #788 on: January 11, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »

It would need a new article with animations and all. Because that would shoot the filesize for his effect file way up. D: And someone would need to create that model. No such thing exists. D:

And if all else fails, look at Sonic. He can't swim either, but in Brawl...
    just an idea. a little more comedy in his moveset to go with his blunderbuss burst

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #789 on: January 11, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »

just an idea. a little more comedy in his moveset to go with his blunderbuss burst

I like the idea, a lot, in fact, but it's not technically possible without filesize issues. Just saying. D:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #790 on: January 11, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »

One of those pictures was missing something, so I fixed it.

Too much? XD
    Anyways I loved that idea for swimming, but like Tabuu said, it would require a lot of file size. How about this, he floats in a Dumb Drum, but he is a bit too heavy so he begins to sink until he dies. You can use the model that was used for the Bowser version. Awesome Face

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #791 on: January 11, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

One of those pictures was missing something, so I fixed it.

Too much? XD
    Anyways I loved that idea for swimming, but like Tabuu said, it would require a lot of file size. How about this, he floats in a Dumb Drum, but he is a bit too heavy so he begins to sink until he dies. You can use the model that was used for the Bowser version. Awesome Face

Ok, that's kinda funny.

I'll try the Dumb Drum, but no promises. D: I'll try to replace his Entry barrel or Bongos with it and see if that works. If not, External GFX attempt.

EDIT: SO I got the Dumb Drum model, and got it down to 22 KB in filesize. It just might work. We'll see.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:45:17 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #792 on: January 11, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »

Hi Tabuu um I'm just trying to help keep the file size as low as possible for the swim, so um here's an idea, K. Rool uses his up B when he falls in the water but a little differently.

He wraps his arms and legs around his blunderbuss, the gun barrel pointing down towards the water, fire sprays out of it like crazy lifting him just barely above the water because he's so heavy, then the fire runs out and he hovers for a moment staring at the screen, then falls into the water splashing around really fast in full panic mode, then he drowns laying on his stomach sinking face down in the water.

I do like the other ideas more its just I think the file size should be saved for animations that will be seen more often, but swimming is used more often that things like ladder climbing.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #793 on: January 11, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »

Ok, that's kinda funny.

I'll try the Dumb Drum, but no promises. D: I'll try to replace his Entry barrel or Bongos with it and see if that works. If not, External GFX attempt.

EDIT: SO I got the Dumb Drum model, and got it down to 22 KB in filesize. It just might work. We'll see.
    dumb drum; the boss that became a boss because they ran outta ideas... well him, really gnawty, and master necky sr.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #794 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »

dumb drum; the boss that became a boss because they ran outta ideas... well him, really gnawty, and master necky sr.
    I don't think it was out of ideas, I think it was let's put in larger versions of the normal enemies and make them harder, which I like that, it was one of my favorite parts of Yoshi's Island as well, and I always found it creative when they take a simple enemy, make it huge, and then change the attacks a bit or make them harder to avoid. Plus you forgot Queen B. lol
    Another way to look at it is, some worlds have a certain enemy that appears more often than others, so when you get to the end, you're fighting the parent of ruler of that type of enemy.

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: