Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 597283 times)
Pikezer1337
Expert Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1710 on: June 07, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »

Okay  so I did about an hours worth of testing. I think most of the guys hit the nail on the head with splitting everything into individual moves and talking about them. Therefor I am just going to do an overview of the entire moveset.
    First I will start with my thoughts on the old Tabuu moveset. It was very unique. I had thought you did an amazing job in bringing Tabuu into Brawl. Animations were great and the moves were awesomely done. The only problem I had with the moveset was that the hitboxes felt absent. I couldn't really hit anyone and Tabuu just felt like a punching bag. However, he could still get a kill now and then. The other problem I had was that the final smash was a hell of a lot harder to dodge than the single player Tabuu.

This version of Tabuu seems to have some well needed improvements. Obviously a lot of the moves are still glitchy for me, especially the B moves. I love the jump! Absolutely love it. Attacks seem to hit better, and the dodge is a welcome improvement. I did not encounter any freezes within my playing time which means everything is pretty well done. I know it may be short, but I definitely think you are on the right track with this moveset. It fixes everything in the old PSA and is adding some goodies here and there. Unfortunately I can't comment on a large amount of the moves because I can't see them because the textures are glitchy.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1711 on: June 07, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »

This PSA is very nice from what you've done so far. So here are my thoughts on Tabuu.

-I like the speed his D-Smash comes out. It's strong, fast, and it allows him to clear space out.
    -Side tilt is hard to hit with, but I believe you said you haven't coded it yet.
    -His size is iffy. It allows for exellent range, but it also makes him a perfect punching bag.
    -His down throw should be stronger in my opinion. Think of it kinda like Ike's down throw.
    - His N-B is kinda awful. It's hard to hit with. And when it does hit, it does minimal damage and knockback. Though the orb thingy after you release B allows him to sort of make up for it.
    -His N-Air's hitboxes on't really link into eachother well,if tht's what they're supposed to do.

Other than those things, he is a very fun chracter to play as. Very nice work, Tabuu.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1712 on: June 07, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »

Sooooooooo... I finally tested Tabuu.

Overall, his animations feels alright. There are minor adjustements needed for the transition between Walks/Wait and Run/Wait and the Jump/Fall. Other than that and the Model Changers needed (which you're working on), his animations are cool!

His attributes feels alright for me. His running speed isn't outrageously high or low, just, make him walk slightly slower (to have a remain of the "Boss PSA" feeling). His jump height is a bit high, but I think it suits him. And his fast fall should be a little bit increased.

Now for the attacks:

Side Tilt: it should have slightly more horizontal range. Other than that, it's fine.

Side Smash: Make the clone going slightly more forward and increase the speed for the end. The knockback needs to be increased too.

Down Smash: It should be slightly slower and make more damage and less knockback.

Ground Neutral B: It's a cool move to make the enemy unable to recover. The energy ball at the end needs less knockback during the launch to make more damage and slightly more knockback at the explosion.

Air Neutral B: I think the range is fine, considering its power. Making it unable to be spammed is a good idea too. But he was unable to recover after that though... I don't think that's a good idea IMO... But... Let it as it is if you want to...

Ground Side B: Great idea to make this move chargeable! I really like the animation and the attack in general! I don't think this move needs to be changed.

Air Side B: This move needs WAY more range. You can't even make half the distance of Final Destination with it. Although the knockback is a bit high, the range is very short. My opinion would be to increase the range, decrease the knockback, and let the damage as it is.

Down B: I need to retest it because I forgot about it...

Air Down B: Same than Side B. Though when it's at full power, it should be more powerful and have some recoil too... Because it feels legit IMO.

Final Smash: Nuff' to say, pretty much the same as the original Tabuu.

So, when it's done, it will definitely be in my roster!
    Kitsu already put him in though... lol

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1713 on: June 08, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »

Ok, guys, I have returned from the U.S.! With LOTSA Cherry Coke. lol

Okay, serious time.

I'm going to take your criticism to heart, but bear in mind I cannot please everyone. Even if I'm going to try to as much as possible. For example, I personally like the N-B loop just the way it is.

OK, maybe it COULD use a WEE BIT more base knockback. And I WILL improve the EndAttack. Remember guys, the Side Tilt is NOT DONE. Smiley I also agree on the damage part of the Ground Side B. It DOES need to change when charging/charged. Same for the Aerial Down B.

But these will take time. To be honest, I've lost some of my motivation to make PSAs once again, but it's only a matter of time before I get it back. Wink And when it does return, it's crunch time. Grin

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1714 on: June 08, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »

Welcome back Tabuu I hope you had a lot fun on your trip.

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1715 on: June 08, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »

Well I guess it's about time I give my feedback. *ahem*

- The animations look very fluent except during his Neutral Special, which looks very robotic.

- Side Smash seems a little weak to me

- Down Smash Works good for doing damage fast

- Neutral Special is really hard to hit with

- Air Neutral A + Spam = Win

- Final Smash is okay, but as KJP said it's kinda overpowered. space the rings out more.

Other than that every thing looks fine. Keep up the good work  Laugh

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1716 on: June 13, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »

Hi guys.

I have two announcements to make.

First of all, I'm going to put my Tabuu revamp on hold for the moment and go back to working on K. Rool over Pit, and perhaps some Miku. I'm also going to change who Miku is over, so I can clone her. No, the feedback you guys gave me was NOT the reason to temporarily put Tabuu in storage. I just have no motivation or inspiration whatsoever to work on him. However, I played Sluggers again today (and CREAMED Waluigi and his team 89-0 XD) and of course, K. Rool was on my team and ended up being the MVP XD

Second, I feel like some of my interest in Brawl hacking is waning again. No, I'm not quitting, I... would just like some new challenges. I'm kinda tired of doing the same thing over and over again. I want to find a way to get 3DS max working. I want to learn how to make and import my own models for my PSAs since very few of my requests end up getting done.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1717 on: June 16, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »

Hi guys.

First of all, I'm going to put my Tabuu revamp on hold for the moment and go back to working on K. Rool over Pit, and perhaps some Miku. I'm also going to change who Miku is over, so I can clone her. No, the feedback you guys gave me was NOT the reason to temporarily put Tabuu in storage. I just have no motivation or inspiration whatsoever to work on him. However, I played Sluggers again today (and CREAMED Waluigi and his team 89-0 XD) and of course, K. Rool was on my team and ended up being the MVP XD

Second, I feel like some of my interest in Brawl hacking is waning again. No, I'm not quitting, I... would just like some new challenges. I'm kinda tired of doing the same thing over and over again. I want to find a way to get 3DS max working. I want to learn how to make and import my own models for my PSAs since very few of my requests end up getting done.

Hi guys.

Hi guys.

K Rool?? A happy day indeed Smiley

I see you posted this a whike ago actually. Any progress to share?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1718 on: June 16, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »

Well, let us see what you brought... Someday we'll need a vid though...

K Rool?? A happy day indeed Smiley

I see you posted this a whike ago actually. Any progress to share?
    Lol... I see quoting 3 times has been something you like these days... lol

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1719 on: June 16, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Grin

Well, nothing much in terms of progress, actually. But! I plan to change that very soon. Wink

For starters: Miku has been moved over to being an Ike PSA, and consequently s BrawlEx clone, instead of a Ness PSA. Almost everything works 100%. I had to get rid of Ike's entry GFX cuz it crashed, and her leek can't find its texture, despite my importing/renaming stuff properly. I also gave her her own slot on my BrawlEx build complete with cosmetics. Smiley

On the K. Rool side of the spectrum, what keeps me working on him for the time being is my hype at his potential inclusion in Sm4sh. I think it's about time I resumed work on him. My motivation for Brawl modding is back, might as well take advantage of that, no? Wink

All I wish is that I knew how and where to get a capture card...

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1720 on: June 16, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

Aha, I don't know why it quotes 3 times in a row. It's always confused me.

@Tabuu, just remember I could always do some vids for you. A trailer, vid, Turbo mod combo vid, whatever Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1721 on: June 16, 2014, 04:04:28 PM »

Aha, I don't know why it quotes 3 times in a row. It's always confused me.

@Tabuu, just remember I could always do some vids for you. A trailer, vid, Turbo mod combo vid, whatever Smiley
    I know why... It's a bug when the quote takes too much time to appear...
    A Turbo mod combo vid sounds sexy!!

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1722 on: June 16, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

I know why... It's a bug when the quote takes too much time to appear...
    A Turbo mod combo vid sounds sexy!!

BTW, just to follow up with Tabuu, I did beat the level 16 and level 9 computers. I have the footage, but it's not really entertaining. Neither killed me once. But I use Tabuu in a very cheap way, so it's not too surprising. I actually redid the fights to make them more entertaining, but trying to do moves that weren't all that good in order to make a more entertaining video, while seriously playing against a level 9 and 16 was a mixed bag. Level 9 killed me once during that, but 16 didn't.

Even then, the fights weren't that entertaining for me to upload.

But yeah, I'm pretty good at making combo videos I noticed, so I can make Miku and K Rool's vids/trailers/etc when you need me to.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1723 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »

I'll take you up on the video offer, Neb! Thank you! Smiley

Anyway, sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've been pretty damn busy. Chores up the ass, the possibility of quitting my massive soda consumption and also looking into doing more activities that get me off my rump. Smiley

But, I HAVE been working on King K. Rool. Smiley I'm touching up his second jab and finishing swimming animations. I will then tackle his Aerial Down B and starting tripping stuff.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1724 on: June 19, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »

I did beat the level 16 and level 9 computers.

placebo. The game never uses a constant greater than the one used for level 9's in the AI coding, and it clamps values between the ranges it expects when it uses the difficulty value.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Pages:  1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: