Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 592682 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1980 on: July 22, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »

How about posting pics, or making a thread in the Off-Topic section to post previews? This sounds so interesting that I think a lot of us would love to see previews. AWESOME 2.0!

I will. Grin But that'll take quite a while. It's FAR from playable right now. I'm just doing preliminary development: the engine and system functions, and creating/arranging/looping music as we speak. I love OGG and Audacity, I can loop the actual MP3/WAV/whatever files I want to use.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1981 on: July 22, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »

Alright, and it doesn't have to be playable yet, simply having a few character sprites made that you could show off will be good too. Smiley Good luck. Cheesy

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1982 on: July 23, 2014, 05:43:11 AM »

sprite based ssb engine?
    sounds interesting Tongue

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1983 on: July 23, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »

Hi. As the title says, I'm going to extend my break to a full-out hiatus.

Remember that SSB fan-game I was working on? I've resumed its development. I'm continuing to program my engine and other stuff, and I also learned how to make looping OGG files, making them similar in playback to BRSTM files. Grin

As I said, I will also be using models from Brawl and Brawl hacks to make character, stage and other sprites. I should also learn how to model and texture for this purpose, since there are playable characters on my roster that don't have BrawlBox-viewable models made for them. D:

Anyway, I'm just leaving this here for anyone who's curious.

That sounds awesome. I'd really like to keep up with your progress- do you have a devlog somewhere?  I wouldn't mind help you code some things either. (I managed to make myself really busy, so really, I can only give advice).  Before I came back I was working on a now-dead 2d brawler.  The moveset system is based on PSA which is mostly finished.  If you need help with that, I'd glady help you.  What are you coding it in?  For making characters/movesets, look into some scripting language (python, Lua, etc).  I don't wanna go in depth and write too much, but simply supporting scripting makes so things much easier.
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:05:54 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1984 on: July 23, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »

That sounds awesome. I'd really like to keep up with your progress- do you have a devlog somewhere?  I wouldn't mind help you code some things either. (I managed to make myself really busy, so really, I can only give advice).  Before I came back I was working on a now-dead 2d brawler.  The moveset system is based on PSA which is mostly finished.  If you need help with that, I'd glady help you.  What are you coding it in?  For making characters/movesets, look into some scripting language (python, Lua, etc).  I don't wanna go in depth and write too much, but simply supporting scripting makes so things much easier.

I would be so willing to accept your help! Grin But do you know anything about RPG Maker VX's scripting features? Out with the old, in with the new: aside from minor things like weather sprites, I'm completely re-writing the included RPG engine and making it into my vision of what a Smash engine would be like. So yeah, it's in Ruby (RGSS/Ruby Game Scripting System)

And I'll start a devlog on Tumblr when I'm far enough. I don't want to plan too far ahead in case I can the project later. D:

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1985 on: July 23, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »

RPG Maker, Ruby?  I don't know anything about it, sorry =/.  But, I still wouldn't mind giving help/advice in anyway I can.  Do you have any of your previous progress anywhere? 

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1986 on: August 07, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »

Hi, guys!

It's been what, probably a month or so? I'm coming back for a time. This means more Animation and PSA work on K. Rool and other projects.

I've lost my Super Smash Bros. Feud stage modeller, so I'm kinda stuck for a time. I even requested help in my thread and another, and nobody's answering. I don't think people are that interested in my fan-game, to be honest. So I'm going to put that on hold for some time.

So yeah, I'm going back to Brawl hacking. Smiley And I'm starting with Rool.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1987 on: August 07, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »

Glad to have you back! Smiley

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #1988 on: August 07, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »

Hi, guys!

It's been what, probably a month or so? I'm coming back for a time. This means more Animation and PSA work on K. Rool and other projects.

I've lost my Super Smash Bros. Feud stage modeller, so I'm kinda stuck for a time. I even requested help in my thread and another, and nobody's answering. I don't think people are that interested in my fan-game, to be honest. So I'm going to put that on hold for some time.

So yeah, I'm going back to Brawl hacking. Smiley And I'm starting with Rool.
    To be fair, a link to the thread should've been posted in here so we would've known it was up already. Tongue Anyways sucks that you lost that modeler, hopefully you'll get a lot done on K Rool though. Smiley

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1989 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »

Okay! *cracks knuckles*

So... Robin Williams died. I am absolutely depressed. That man was a huge part of my childhood and I considered him the funniest man in the world.

Anyway! K. Rool is going to get resumed. After I finished my Super Smash Bros. Feud stage list. Good news is, I've found a new modeller, and he's none other than our very own DSX8. Truth is, I kept working on the game even after that proclamation. But this time K. Rool will be back in production for real. I'm not just saying that. I need a break from my fan-game anyway, so why not K. Rool? Grin

So! I will continue to try and figure out why his cannonball glitches up for seemingly no reason when messing with its speed, then I will try and fix why the Spiked one won't show up. D: After that, I'll finish polishing up the gun-holding animations more. Only then will the more serious work continue (animations and actual PSA).

I wonder how rusty I've become. lol

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #1990 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:55 PM »

Okay! *cracks knuckles*

So... Robin Williams died. I am absolutely depressed. That man was a huge part of my childhood and I considered him the funniest man in the world.

Anyway! K. Rool is going to get resumed. After I finished my Super Smash Bros. Feud stage list. Good news is, I've found a new modeller, and he's none other than our very own DSX8. Truth is, I kept working on the game even after that proclamation. But this time K. Rool will be back in production for real. I'm not just saying that. I need a break from my fan-game anyway, so why not K. Rool? Grin

So! I will continue to try and figure out why his cannonball glitches up for seemingly no reason when messing with its speed, then I will try and fix why the Spiked one won't show up. D: After that, I'll finish polishing up the gun-holding animations more. Only then will the more serious work continue (animations and actual PSA).

I wonder how rusty I've become. lol
    It's so depressing knowing that he died today. He'll always had a special place in my heart as Genie. Cry

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1991 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »

YES! I was finally able to install 3ds Max on this computer. Smiley So that means projects will be quite slow now because I'll be learnin' how to model. Grin

Because to be honest, I've been wanting to learn that skill for quite some time and I have no motivation to work on PSA stuff at the moment. D: I'll be tackling rigging as well. Smiley

See you later.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1992 on: August 12, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »

YES! I was finally able to install 3ds Max on this computer. Smiley So that means projects will be quite slow now because I'll be learnin' how to model. Grin

Because to be honest, I've been wanting to learn that skill for quite some time and I have no motivation to work on PSA stuff at the moment. D: I'll be tackling rigging as well. Smiley

See you later.
    Well that's good news.Smiley

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1993 on: August 12, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Well that's good news.Smiley

Can you teach me what you know? Internet tutorials don't do it for me and I could use a tut by someone I trust. Smiley

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #1994 on: August 12, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »

Can you teach me what you know? Internet tutorials don't do it for me and I could use a tut by someone I trust. Smiley

Well have you atleast tried this tutorial: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0, personally I disagree with the using 0.71 to import the dae because it always ends up with messed up shaders and materials despite me replacing them like normal so I use 0.68d to import the dae and then use 0.71 afterwards for any changes, but usually edit the materials and shaders and then save. 0.71 is great for animations though. lol

Pages:  1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: