Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 592999 times)
PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2355 on: May 20, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »

Ah, OK then. So it'll still be a while?

I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2356 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:51 PM »

Nope. It's up right now!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2357 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »

oh shoot. I want to test it out now but i don't.
    Arg, curse you for releasing it today. XD
    I might let you know on a scale of 1-10 how much I love it (It'll probably be like, 50 *Shot*), depends mostly if i remember afterwards...

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2358 on: May 20, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »

oh shoot. I want to test it out now but i don't.
    Arg, curse you for releasing it today. XD
    I might let you know on a scale of 1-10 how much I love it (It'll probably be like, 50 *Shot*), depends mostly if i remember afterwards...

Just a warning: he's still far from being complete. Tongue But thanks! Grin

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2359 on: May 20, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »

SO MUCH YES

On a more serious note, this looks beautiful. Wow. And then you can use him in SSB4 stages to create the illusion that he's in SM4SH!! Shocked I really appreciate this. Thank you so, so very much. This is the greatest tribute anyone could do for our glorious King. Oh, and one more thing...

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2360 on: May 20, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »

hopefully u get the feedback u seek lol
    btw awsme preview pics

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2361 on: May 21, 2015, 02:43:55 PM »

So, here's my feedback. (Keep in mind though that I won't hesitate to point out the more obvious things, or even things that you're most likely still working on Laugh)

Jab
    It's perfectly balanced and animated nicely. However, I feel that he should be slightly more hunched over when punching. It'll make it much easier to connect with small characters. I could only ever hit the taller or heavyweight fighters.

D-Tilt
    Really no complaints, animation is great and it's a good melee attack for hitting smaller opponents. In other words, it kinda makes up for the complaint I had about the jab.

Dash Attack
    Great animation and very balanced. Nothing else to say, really.

D-Smash
    I don't find myself using this move very much, as it's hitbox is much too small. As it does come from DK64's K. Rool fight, I'd expect it to have that big shockwave like in that game. Maybe you could borrow some code from Wario's PM D-Smash or Charizard's D-Smash (but he doesn't open up in PSA, I believe). Fantastic animation, though.

U-Air
    I really like this move, it's seems to be a great follow-up for his D-Throw. Sweetspotting with this move is so, so very satisfying. :3

B-Air
    Really great animation, and one of K. Rool's best kill options. Similarly to U-Air, it follows up after U-Throw very easily. I don't consider it OP, though, because I haven't really found many other good kill moves with K. Rool.

Grab
    I only mention this as a move because I have one issue: His grab range is awful. It's like Ness' in Melee. However, I think this really isn't much of a bad thing. Every character has advantages and disadvantages. This is just one of K. Rool's.

F-Throw
    I really like the animation, love how he kicks em'. Grin Nothing else to say, really.

B-Throw
    My favorite throw, animation-wise. I love the detail of him covering his eye all like "oh, that's gotta hurt!" XD

U-Throw
    My favorite throw, attack-wise. Very great for combo starting.

D-Throw
    Couldn't find many follow-ups, but does great damage, if I remember correctly.

Now, here's the really fun part! SPECIALS!! Happy Face

Neutral Special
    Ah, one of my favorite attacks. However, the first thing I wanna say is this: When he's "charging", it never seems to do any more damage or knockback than if you just tapped the button once. What's the purpose? Anyway, I love the animation, very well done. My only nitpick is that he doesn't seem to have much of a reaction when his blunderbuss explodes. He just kinda puts it back away. I would like to see him do that cartoony thing like in DKC2 where he freezes for a couple frames, then he could put away the blunderbuss.

Side Special
    My favorite move in his entire moveset (mostly just because of nostalgia X3), the Krown Toss! It works really well, and is a great kill option. I only have one complaint though: His animation is a bit too robotic IMO. I would like for him to turn his head more to the side in a more jerky manner, and open his mouth a little more (and yes, I realize that you probably didn't open his mouth as much because it would overlap into his shoulder). However, I think you could make it work. Just stretch his head in that direction a bit to give him more room to open his mouth.

Down Special
    I actually really like this move. The grounded version's animation is identical to the DKC1 animation. however, my one issue is with that fact that he goes into his, uh what do you call that...? Landing damage pose? ...Whatever, THAT thing. Because of that, whenever I do a get-up attack or roll, whatever, I get a messed up Pit animation. I know that you haven't made any yet, but it's still an issue right now. Also, aerial version is perfect. Nothing much else to say.

Soooo yeah! That's my feedback. I've really enjoyed you're PSA, and don't take any of my "complaints" or "issues" personally. They're just nitpicks. OH, wait... I just remembered one thing: His second jump. You never changed the ability for K. Rool to turn while using that jump, just so you know. Which is something that only characters with multiple jumps can do.

Really though, that's all. Grin

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2362 on: May 21, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »

Oh my god you finally did it! I'm so happy for you!

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2363 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »

snippet[/center][/spoiler]

Wow, thanks, PC. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the N-Special. It's supposed, btw, to release a spiked cannonball when held long enough, but it won't work till I can edit articles. When I return to the PSA I'll work these changes in! Grin If you use the PSA in BrawlEx, the jumping is fixed.

Oh my god you finally did it! I'm so happy for you!

Just wait till I've finished 'im! Grin

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2364 on: May 21, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »

Wow, thanks, PC. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the N-Special. It's supposed, btw, to release a spiked cannonball when held long enough, but it won't work till I can edit articles. When I return to the PSA I'll work these changes in! Grin If you use the PSA in BrawlEx, the jumping is fixed.

No problem! I just thought it was rather odd... I thought it might've been just so you could explode for whatever reason Grin

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2365 on: May 22, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

*shudders* I'm not a guy who's easily creeped out. But try watching Crocomire in Super Metroid have his [censored]in' skin melted off by hot acid while frantically struggling to live. And shrieking like a tortured puppy. Yeouch. :/ TVTropes was right, that [censored]'s [censored]in' nightmare fuel.

Okay, back to the PSA scene!

No problem! I just thought it was rather odd... I thought it might've been just so you could explode for whatever reason Grin

I don't explode unless provoked. Wink You have nothing to be afraid of. Smiley

I'm back to work on Fredrik. I'm polishing off his LandingLight and JumpSquat, and soon will start Damage animations and do more jumping ones. I still won't start attacks yet. This is done on purpose in order not to lose interest in the misc stuff after attacks are done.

Anyway, how are y'all enjoying K. Rool?? I know he's far from finished, but still! Grin

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2366 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:20 AM »

Hey Tabuu I just gave your K Rool psa a test run.
    Quite far from finished but a very good wip! I love how well you incorporated a lot of his signature moves, and I especially love your creativity in some of them (the down special was a nice touch). I noticed his cannon balls fire upward but I believe you mentioned that as an issue earlier, so I'm sure it'll be resolved for the final version. I really like the plan you have for him to fire the spiked cannon balls too, all the moves you've done so far have given me so much nostalgia so I can't wait to see that implemented!
    I know you mentioned in your read me that you aren't a fan of Baron K Rool but I'd think a little representation in his up special could be a good idea for him, after all he did have a little jetpack thingy that would make for a great recovery idea and add just a bit of representation from each of his appearances (I don't think any of his other DKC3 moves would fit too well, and to be honest he really his my least favourite too).
    Still awesome work though, can't wait til he's finished!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2367 on: June 02, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »

Hey Tabuu I just gave your K Rool psa a test run.
    Quite far from finished but a very good wip! I love how well you incorporated a lot of his signature moves, and I especially love your creativity in some of them (the down special was a nice touch). I noticed his cannon balls fire upward but I believe you mentioned that as an issue earlier, so I'm sure it'll be resolved for the final version. I really like the plan you have for him to fire the spiked cannon balls too, all the moves you've done so far have given me so much nostalgia so I can't wait to see that implemented!
    I know you mentioned in your read me that you aren't a fan of Baron K Rool but I'd think a little representation in his up special could be a good idea for him, after all he did have a little jetpack thingy that would make for a great recovery idea and add just a bit of representation from each of his appearances (I don't think any of his other DKC3 moves would fit too well, and to be honest he really his my least favourite too).
    Still awesome work though, can't wait til he's finished!

Wow, thank you! Cheesy And all right... I might model a copter pack and make a Roolenstein oufit.

So for now I've decided to take a break from Lord Fredrik and get a little more done on King Cold. A guy PM'd me saying the current Vault build is glitched up so I'm working to make a worthwhile update for him.

My top priority is completely finishing/fixing Cold's counter, plus its attacks, and then more misc stuff. And perhaps one new attack or two. We'll see how things go. I had made a new Side Tilt animation for him, but I ended up hating it with all my being, so I restored and edited the old one.

Also, my Zeena import will get a PSA as well later. But she's not a priority for the moment. My top 3 are Cold, Rool and Fredrik.

So I hope to see ya later.
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:39:29 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2368 on: June 02, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »

nice job on tong.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2369 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:51 PM »

Okay, then. I'm bumping again. Let's try this again. Tongue

As I mentioned, it's Lord Fredrik time. I revamped the rig almost completely: I spent a few hours on his shoulder and top cape joints. And I did mention fixed normals. I fixed them on the smaller horn on his neck, too.

Okay, so I have a few GIFS to show off this time, to showcase the new rig, normals and actual animations.

Wait1:

Final revision of Wait2:

Wait3:

Win2 WIP. After seeing this on YT, I found it so awesome I had to reproduce it:

Run:

Walk Fast. My favourite walking animation I've ever made for anyone:

Pages:  1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161
    Print
    Jump to: