Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 156 157 158 [159] 160 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 592670 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2370 on: July 30, 2015, 11:48:51 PM »

Suggestion, for running/walking animatrion previews, rename the TransN bone in the model so the model walks in place so we can get a better idea of the animation. Obviously you can rename it back to TransN, but for the same of the preview, it's easier to look at an animation that isn't teleporting. lol Anyways, looks great. Cheesy

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2371 on: July 31, 2015, 12:52:10 AM »

Suggestion, for running/walking animatrion previews, rename the TransN bone in the model so the model walks in place so we can get a better idea of the animation. Obviously you can rename it back to TransN, but for the same of the preview, it's easier to look at an animation that isn't teleporting. lol Anyways, looks great. Cheesy

Or just put the transN to 0 for the whole animation?

Why not add a bone for his stomach so you can animate it jiggling and stuff? I think it'd really help out with the walk animation. Because a majority of the model is belly, it seems very static. I agree though, I like the walk lol

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2372 on: August 11, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »

Hey, everyone.

Unfortunately, I can't add jiggle bones without having to re-rig the entire model... I'll think about it.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2373 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Why not?

You export it as before, convert to an fbx, and rig from there. I've never encountered a time when I had to rerig the entire model from scratch, or at least don't remember a time when I've had to rig from scratch when I have an fbx.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2374 on: August 29, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »

I did a thing. Took forever to set up and reimport tho.

I'm returning to him and King Cold.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2375 on: August 29, 2015, 10:31:15 PM »

I did a thing. Took forever to set up and reimport tho.

I'm returning to him and King Cold.

Love it, also I keep forgetting to ask, would you like help with the recolors? And...maybe the main color itself. I remember you saying you were colorblind, the current color is actually incorrect, you have his clothes red when they should be blue...you are colorblind right? Or am I thinking of someone else and you just like using a red recolor? *worries*

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2376 on: August 30, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »

The belly is rigged and animated. I got TONS of exporting and shine problems, which is why it took so long to show this and set him back up.

And I may be colorblind, but I don't see any red in there whatsoever... I made them purplish.

But yeah, I would love some help. And maybe more detail?

Anyway, I'm going to make more animation edits to feature belly jiggling.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2377 on: August 30, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »

Well when I look at your model and then your avatar picture, there's a clear difference between the colors, maybe look at the RGB values? I know that almost everyone sees colors differently (which is where you get those kind of "it's actually this color, no it's this color" arguments), but you can't see numbers differently (unless you have a reading problem which is completely different) so I suggest looking at the RGB values every now and then to double check that the color is what you think it is. I hope I didn't offend you or anything or come off as a jerk or something, just trying to be helpful. Oh and when I said "you" I meant people in general and not specifically you. Rather not get that common misunderstanding.
    For detail, how good I am at making a texture more detailed depends on the mapping and what generic detailed-textures I can find on Google. I am taking video-game related classes this semester in college, and in one of them we're using a bit of photoshop so hopefully I'll get better. The reason I say this is so you know to not expect amazing work, I might get a really good-looking texture, or I might only be able to make some parts of it better.
    Either way, send the textures via PM and I'll help. Smiley

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2378 on: August 30, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »

That jiggle! Makes him look so much more alive than before for sure. Good course of action to do that imo Smiley
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:05:22 PM by zutox » Logged

You Never Know!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2379 on: August 31, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it!

Hey, remember when I said King Cold would be the only DBZ PSA I'd make? Yeah... I take it back. I got a hold of Frieza's models, all forms, from Tenkaichi 3 and I want to rig them up and use them. I will be making PSAs for ALL his known forms, in case BrawlEx ever is able to support it. Grin I will just need new textures for all six models (F1, F2, F3, Final, MAX Power, Mecha) Anyone willing to volunteer? Fredrik and King Cold are still on the cards, too!

So, would anyone be interested in a Frieza multi-PSA that doesn't just include Final Form?

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2380 on: September 01, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »

Would it use model changers like Jrush64 uses? I would defiantly be interested, but it sounds like it would take a monumental amount of work to make something like that.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:09:25 PM by Calypso » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2381 on: September 09, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »

Hi!!

Well, I'm back to work on King Cold at the moment. Yesterday, I fixed the damage handling code for his counter. Now the damage no longer goes up when he gets hit while countering! Now I just gotta fix the actual attacks and the ground counter's finished. And then the Aerial one. lol

I plan on finishing his Damage animations as well as his Slipping stuff, including get-up attack. And then the plan is to add his second jab. Here's how the jabs will work:

First of all, Cold is getting 2 versions: The normal one that replaces Ganon, and second of all, the stand-alone BrawlEx version, which I use for testing. The normal Ganon version will get 3 jabs if you hold A without letting go. And the BX version will have them working normally.

I also finished updating his Neutral Special animations on the ground. I stopped liking the original ones.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2382 on: September 09, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »

This is going to be such an interesting character to add to the brawl roster Cheesy

You Never Know!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2383 on: October 26, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

Hi everyone. I've been keeping pretty quiet, I know.

But I've been developing Super Smash Bros. Feud most of the time and discovering lots of neat-ass features in Unity 5. Speaking of which, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news is: I'm going to focus on 3 PSAs and not start more. The three are:
    -King Cold
    -King K. Rool
    -Lord Fredrik.

I will attempt to fully complete these 3 characters with my usual care and release them on the Vault.

The bad news: I'm going to officially withdraw from modding Brawl right after the last one is released and retire for good.

I know this is disappointing, as a lot of long-standing hackers are gone and I'll be adding to the stats. But I do want to say that it's been a wonderful run. I had a crapload of fun while I had interest. To be honest, the interest is gone. I might not even be able to finish all 3 PSAs. If I do, progress will be much slower than before. I do, however, fully intend to keep using the skillset I've learned, such as rigging, coding and animation, in my future stuff (Feud, my other Unity games I'm planning, maybe Smash 4 modding if I get into it when it's a thing). I'm becoming a huge Unity buff now and my interest in that keeps skyrocketing. I was losing interest in modding Brawl every day. It was a pleasure to make mods of my favourite characters and watch them come to life in Smash. And I want to offer my sincere thanks for sticking by my side since my humble beginnings. I loved the support and feedback. But I'm pulling the plug on my Brawl modding career. I will instead focus on my goals of being a classical tenor / game developer.

So, I wish you guys best of luck in whatever you do in the future. And if any future Smash modders log in here, I'm sending luck and positive thoughts your way. Good luck to those still modding. Smiley

I will still lurk here, maybe post in Off-Topic and the like (including the Brawl Modders group on FB). But I will no longer be here as the PSA maker you've gotten to know. I will be sad if this site ever goes down, because it was a huge part of my life.

I deleted and shelved my other unfinished WIPs to make disk space on my drive and will be deleting my Brawl ISO and its assets shortly.

Godspeed to you, my friends. *bows* When the last PSA is uploaded, I will lock this thread, throw away the key and let it die.

It's been a honour to be a part of this amazing community. Most of you people have amazing talent and you shouldn't waste it. Smiley

Regards,

Nick Wandelt, better known here as Tabuu Forte Akugun.

OmegaSpacePirate
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2384 on: October 30, 2015, 11:50:28 PM »

I'm sad to see you go, but at least you'll still be on the site. Your Tabuu project was awesome; It's my favorite PSA! I'm still going to continue working on my projects, I hope they turn out good. Good luck in your future!
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:30:58 PM by OmegaSpacePirate » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 156 157 158 [159] 160 161
    Print
    Jump to: