Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Adding Transparency to Textures - wh00t  (Read 8939 times)
DemonBoy
Holy Kitten

That one guy

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 02:53:40 AM »

oh and i tried the cull thing and it didnt work for her shoes when looking at the ribbon you could still see through it :/

I must have misread your post. try it again but with the ribbon, not the shoe

Funzy <3
    Maven of the Strings
    Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 02:55:37 AM »

I must have misread your post. try it again but with the ribbon, not the shoe
    i also tried that no luck :/

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

DemonBoy
    Holy Kitten

That one guy

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 03:01:58 AM »

i also tried that no luck :/

hmm, well them i am unsure how to fix it. sorry

Funzy <3
    Maven of the Strings
    Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 03:51:38 AM »

hmm, well them i am unsure how to fix it. sorry
    its fine ^_^ thank you anyways

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

Darkpuff
    Newbie Kitten

I Am DarkPuff! Got A Problem?

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »

whats the shader?

Lazlo Meepidy Meepmeep..Not Really 7u7

ramonM64
    Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 02:36:51 AM »

I was wondering how can you make a Alpha layer for the parts you dont want erased?
    if i read that right, you want to add transparency in general to a texture. if yer using GIMP, go to File>New.. and while makin a new canvas the exact size of yer texture, click the + on advanced settings and then change "Fill with: " to "Transparency".

• after that you can either go to File>Open Layer As..>then choose yer texture or right-click the texture then copy the texture you want transparency and Edit>Paste Into it into the new image canvas you made in a different window.
      to know if and wheres the transparency you should see a checkered background where its transparent. if you dont and you see it white or something where you want it transparent, use the eraser tool or wand (fuzzy select tool) to erase it.
    • that should do it, lemme know if it doesnt

So is this like to make it so ok like an example on our Rikku Import she has a ribbon on the back of her shoes that is just an image of a ribbon with transparency around it, and if you look from the back you see through her shoe? you understand what im asking?
    its fine ^_^ thank you anyways
    X_funtaztic_X, i looked in the most recent riku you have uploaded in the vault and i think i understand what your tryin to fix. how where it should be transparent it is transparent but eats over polys behind it where its transparent? you have a "Blend Mode" going on there. blends are usualy overlayed on a non-Blend Mode enabled material. try the Cull_None suggestion for the ribbon with new shader replaced with zero suit samus's shader1, if that doesnt work..

• go back and make the ribbon's material settings how they would be by default, like turning off the Blend Mode and allow transparency to true then follow the tutorial.

lemme know what happens, making a Blend Mode Enabled material to work properly is annoyin. any material editing really.. since it always resets after re-importing a .dae

---

had the chance to update the guide. should be simpler and faster now
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:33:10 AM by ramonM64 » Logged

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

I don't understnad, I follow this tutorial exactly, but when ever I pick the texture name I get an error, and when I save it after that BrawlBox crashes when trying to open it again. I need tranparance for for SM64 Wings, but they don't have any transparencey even though the texture I used in 3ds Max had it, it just isn't applied for some reason. DX

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

ramonM64
    Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »

after replacing the material and then assigning the texture to the material, do you make sure to type in your texture's name with proper spelling and caps? are you making sure to link the material's shader to the newly added added and replaced shader? and if its a texture that has a palette, are you assigning da palette?

if yer sure you got those and the guide points down, PM me the file. ill try to spot da problem

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »

What material is the one in the download? or did you do it?
    It gives me a weird result everytime I use it, but I found an alternative that works with a better result everytime. So I was curious as to the origin of the material and shader in the download.

Here is what I mean:
    The character on the left is using the material and shader from this tuto, the one on the right is using the alternative (Pit's wing material zzz_pit07_hane, and the corresponding shader, shader 6 if i remember correctly). The little square is the texture used in both characters. Compared to the square the one in the right looks better in my opinion. The left one seems too dark. The one on the right is slightly lighter than the texture reference, but it may be due to lightning (in the last pic they look almost identical).

EDIT: I checked and the material I used was pit's "Kanmuri" and Shader 5
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:37:53 PM by Iwvi » Logged

ramonM64
    Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 01:04:16 AM »

i forget the specific names but uh.. the one used for the Sharp transparency is Ike's cape material and object's shader. the Blended transparency.. i cant remember. i think it was Zero Suit Samus's ponytail material and shader. The Nulled one i dont know, Mewtwo sent me it a long time ago for Kratos's wings. i might have renamed some wrong with others, ill update the tutorial's downloads when i get the time

did you get transparency working following the guide EXACTLY? i ask cuz some people cant get it to work (i follow it and i get it to work for them). i might have to rewrite it to be clearer and have screenshots of where to find things

yeh, mine seems a bit darker than yours, kinda too dark. which one of ours is closer to how normal lighting would go onto a character?

the weird thing about those results though is i found Ike's (that the one used in those screens?) cape shader and material to be too bright sometimes when i use it

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 02:47:51 AM »

I used blened transparency so It means the one from the tut comes from ZSS. The tutorial gets me transparency if I follow it. It just happens to be too dark sometimes. I think that they look better depending on what you use them for. But if I compare it to the texture used (the little square) pit's shader and materials seem to be closer, but sometimes it  looks too bright. Final destination one seems to be the brighter.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »

ive done what this says, using the blend shader and material, but now the whole model is 50% see-through... i only want the transparencies of the textures to show up as transparency!! xD

ramonM64
    Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »

you have to be careful with blended and semi-transparency. its the reason why lots of brawl models are broken into separate objects and materials (like Marth's hair). its sorta since blended materials eat at other polygons at some angles.. dunno why, i just know some work-arounds

i would suggest having the object that needs blended transparency its own object and material. if thats what you did and its still happening, would you mind sending me a .PAC of it?

i kinda forgot about this guide. i use shaders with better lighting and such now, ill update the 1st post with them when i get the chance

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 04:29:15 AM »

ok cool, i think i'll first check how it looks using the sharp one anyway

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: