Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Assassin is here~  (Read 17503 times)
Fenox
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »

You should give credit to Untouch on the Up-Tilt I can tell you used some of his properties for it. Excuse me if I`m wrong.

[3:38:36 PM] lfan: its how the specials built
[3:38:42 PM] thutch: >.>
[3:38:43 PM] lfan: JUST GO IN SPECIALS IN SIDE B
[3:38:44 PM] lfan: DAMMIT
[3:38:50 PM] thutch: I DID DAMMIT

Dotz
Extreme Kitten

Universal Cosmic Destroyer

View Profile Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

meh.

Wow, it just goes to show how inept the hacking community has become. Have people really forgotten how to give real feedback? Or maybe I shouldn't compare the rest of the community with you. Maybe I'm being ignorant and giving you too much credit to be on their level.

I posted something much meaner, but I deleted and replaced it with that. If you want feedback, here you go:

a psa for marth is NOT original in any sense. there are way too many as it stands and there needs to be psas for characters like dedede, DK, diddykong, wario, and mr gameandwatch (do one for him!)

This is the greatest sig in the world.

DistortGiygas
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 05:05:12 PM »

@Dotz:
I highly doubt he made this PSA for the sole purpose of originality or satisfaction of the people that browse this forum.  He made it because he thought it would be a cool idea (an assassin), and his idea best fits on Marth.  Also your feedback has almost nothing to do with his PSA at all, aside from the idea that it's "not original."
Originality has nothing to do with whether or not PSA is good, nor does it contribute constructive feedback.
If you want something original, do it yourself, because I doubt this was his goal.
As far as I'm concerned, PSAs provide nothing more than satisfaction for the creator and possibly a few of his or her friends, not to swap out the entire roster based on what other people demand.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to be derogative toward you, I'm just giving you something to think about.
Consider what the creator's goal was rather than what you wanted out of it.

Dotz
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »

earlier he argued that is was original. I was stating that it wasn't. also: I wasn't really giving TRUE feedback, I was kinda mad that he essentiall called me a complete moron based on a three letter post. actually, I'm pissed at the way most of this community has treated me.

DistortGiygas
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 05:17:49 PM »

@Dotz:
If I worked on something for hours, maybe even days, and all I got in return was a bunch of rude comments and "meh" I'd be pretty upset as well.  ;p
A lot of people around here seem very edgy and standoff-ish, it's probably best not to contribute toward that atmosphere, right?
Just sayin'~

ItalianStallion
Weapon X
Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »

I agree on the originality issues how marth, falco, mario have a [censored]load of psas and so many chars dont. but in the end, this guy is making a psa for himself n releasing it to be generous, not to please people. if u dont like it, dont download it.

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »

meh.

Wow, it just goes to show how inept the hacking community has become. Have people really forgotten how to give real feedback? Or maybe I shouldn't compare the rest of the community with you. Maybe I'm being ignorant and giving you too much credit to be on their level.

Ignore him, he's a troll over at ESH, and here.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:17:19 PM by Shadow » Logged

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Lexx
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 09:19:05 PM »

This PSA is pretty neato, I do have a few suggestions though.  (Played on Brawl+)
    •Grounded Down-B:  This move is ridiculously good if you can use it well, great combo ender and pushes you well out of the way to prevent most punishment.  I suggest a whiff animation if he misses the attack, allowing it to be countered.  Or reduce the damage on it, 19% is a bit much.
    •Up-Tilt: Neato, but seems out of place.  Could use a hitbox near the beginning of the animation.
    •Aerial Side B: Simply feels like it should do something.  Possibly make it cancellable with Aerial Down-B?  Or make a strike at the end of the dash that ends with helpless falling.
    •Down-Tilt: Seems a tad out of place, hitbox is weird as well.

Also a general suggestion, I think you're underestimating the power of Neutral-B, in the right hands this could rock people left and right.  You may need to compensate for this by making him lighter or weaker in general.  Fighting a ghost isn't an easy thing to do.  I also had a thought where you could have a subtle smoke effect during the vanished phase, but that kinda ruins the point.

Aside from the aforementioned, I'm loving this PSA.  It doesn't seem ridiculously overpowered or over-the-top.  It almost feels like he belongs in this game, which is what people should be aiming for.
    Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to your future projects.

I'll take all of this into consideration, although we have recently made him lighter and given him more gravity and control in the air. D-Tilt actually has a use now, by the way. Thanks for the feedback! Also, about the U-Tilt hit box, we purposely left out a frontal hit box to give a weak point, although I did argue that there should be a little knockback.

wow this actually looks nice. im impressed n deff not wat i thought when i first opened this. want some screenshots?

If you're willing to do it, that'd be great.

earlier he argued that is was original. I was stating that it wasn't. also: I wasn't really giving TRUE feedback, I was kinda mad that he essentiall called me a complete moron based on a three letter post. actually, I'm pissed at the way most of this community has treated me.

I wasn't aiming for it to be original, but it did turn out that way. It was just meant to be fun to use, and it has a unique playing style. Saying that a base character is unoriginal is idiotic. It's what you MAKE of the character that counts, not what character it's started on. Keep that in mind. Anything else that needs to be said has been said by DistortGiygas. Take that into consideration when browsing these forums.

You should give credit to Untouch on the Up-Tilt I can tell you used some of his properties for it. Excuse me if I`m wrong.

Actually, we didn't, although they're fairly similar to his. I guess I should give him credit, but seeing as we didn't directly copy it or even look at it is something different.

Not much of a troll. As an ex-troll myself, I know he's either not trying to be one or he's just a poser. He didn't get to me, don't worry about it.

Fenox
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »

OMG IS IT THAT MUCH OF A DEAL HE JUST MADE IT FOR FUN.

[3:38:36 PM] lfan: its how the specials built
    [3:38:42 PM] thutch: >.>
    [3:38:43 PM] lfan: JUST GO IN SPECIALS IN SIDE B
    [3:38:44 PM] lfan: DAMMIT
    [3:38:50 PM] thutch: I DID DAMMIT

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »

i got you buddy. im takin them right now.

Dotz
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »

case in point.

Edit: after a closer look at the vids and the description, I have decided to give this character a chance. as he appears to have a much better chance at winning than my current marth psa. MINDGAMESFTW!
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:16:59 PM by Dotz » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:32 PM »

Here you go Lexx:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:52:28 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

Dotz
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 11:47:23 PM »

woa... I couldn't think of a better stage for him than that.

Lexx
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »

case in point.

Edit: after a closer look at the vids and the description, I have decided to give this character a chance. as he appears to have a much better chance at winning than my current marth psa. MINDGAMESFTW!

Thanks for giving it a try. Also, you should take notice that the cloak tends to work better on human players. CPUs seem to have no trouble finding you while you're in it. o.o

Here you go Lexx:

Thanks! Added them to the front page and gave you credit.

DistortGiygas
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:35 PM »

Slight bug:
    You can't start a match with Neutral B, he doesn't turn invisible.

Also his Aerial Down-B is easily interrupted, in my experience.  A dash of wind knockback, perhaps?
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:02:06 PM by DistortGiygas » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: