Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: is this tutorial useful to you?
yes - 0 (0%)
no - 2 (100%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Naru's Tutorials: Last Minute Vertexing Trick  (Read 1907 times)
Naruto200Man
Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: January 04, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

Okay so let's say I'm a big bad vertexer/importer. I'm finished with my rigging and spent god knows how long I've spent making that rig absolutely perfect to X characters boneset. I'm nearly ready to fix up the materials and export it so I can import it into brawlbox, and into brawl shortly afterward.

But Wait! Oh no, I noticed that a hair vertex is out of place! But it's not affected by the rig! I have to start all over just to fix that one vertex? Nope, just follow these steps and you can vertex away as you please =3

1: Rig your model if you haven't done so already. (I'm assuming you've done this since you're reading this tutorial)
    2: Click the polygon that you want to vertex edit, but you don't want to loose the rigging.
    3: Right Click the skin modifier in the modifier box for that polygon.
    4 (IMPORTANT!): In the right-click dialogue that comes up. Make sure you check the following options. "Preserve Custom Attributes" and "Retain SubAnim Custom Attributes" the first is on by default, the latter one you'll have to click manually.
    5: Click Cut on the right-click dialogue menu
    6: Proceed with the vertex editing as you desire. then SAVE YOUR WORK
    7 (Also IMPORTANT): Click in that same polygon's modifier box once more and right click it instead of clicking "Paste" click "Paste Instanced" make absolutely sure you click Paste Instanced

And poof, there you go ^+^
    Also, make sure you weight the vertexes you want to edit to a different bone, preferably the previous bone in the chain so that it has 100% control of those vertexes you want to edit (For example if I want to vertex the hand or fingers I'll weight all the hand/finger vertexes to the respective Hand N bone) before you right click and cut the skin modifier. That way you only have to re-rig those bones for those particular vertexes on the polygon and not the entire polygon/rig Cheesy

Protoman.EXE
    Extreme Kitten

Netbattler pro.

• Awards Hot Topic Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »

I'd say i love you, and to have my children. But i already owe 30 kids to PW, Pikazz and Mew2k.

This willl help with my side project, Saria

Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »

I'd say i love you, and to have my children. But i already owe 30 kids to PW, Pikazz and Mew2k.

This willl help with my side project, Saria

Yeah, just make absolutely sure that none of the Vertexes you want to edit are weighted to bones that you may have to move after you're through vertexing.

For example my hand isn't in a T stance, so I have to weight all the hand and finger vertexes 100% to the Left or Right hand N, which is essentially the wrist bone. That way when I paste the skin back on I don't have to re-rig the arm/legs/body etc.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: