Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Isaac: Golden Sun Project*!!!Beta V1.1 Is Released!!!*2/17/2012*  (Read 36406 times)
Uncle0wnage
Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 07, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »

Isaac from Golden Sun.
    I have taken it upon myself to create a moveset that represents Isaac and the Golden Sun series. No character deserved to be playable in Brawl more than him, and I intend to make him awesome. This is my first PSA and I intend to make this a great, balanced one.

*VV*Current Build Video(Current Build)*VV*
    Isaac From Golden Sun PSA Beta V1.1 Video

Venus Lighthouse Stage Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Venus Lighthouse.  Goes over Final Destination. Will have recolors for the four lighthouses.

An HD Color Pack, with my own reworked textures.
    [/size]

Isaac

Garet

Ivan

Mia

Felix

A-Moves

*AAA Combo*
    He is a lightweight character that hits hard, but his strongest moves are very slow and aren't easy to hit with.

His Standard AAA combo is a series of quick sword slashes that keep enemies at bay.

The combo ends with a horizontal slash that does decent knock-back.

*Dash-A*

Isaac's dash attack, Annihilation, has a quick start-up, but severe end-lag. The attack has a one in eight chance of dealing a critical hit. The possible power of this move is extreme, but if it does not crit, you will be punished by your opponent.

Of course, if Isaac does crit, say goodbye to your enemies!  

*Side-Tilt*

His Side-A tilt is a short lunge forward accompanied by a vertical chop. This moves Isaac forward a few feet.

*Up-Tilt*

His Up-A tilt is a slash that hits in an arc above his head.

*Down-Tilt*

Isaac slashes at the opponents feet, sending them away at a low angle.

*Side-Smash*

For his Side-A smash, Isaac charges up his Dijinni, Echo, and does a two slash hit that sends the opponent straight up.

*Up-Smash*

Isaac concentrates his psyenergy for his Up-A Smash and casts Wild Growth, spearing the enemy with razor sharp vines.

*Down-Smash*

Using his sword as a focus for his psyenergy, Isaac sends a powerful Earthquake through the ground, surfacing on either side of him.

*N-Air*

For his Neutral-Air A, Isaac casts rockfall and surrounds himself with a small vortex of earth and stone.

*F-Air*

Isaac punches forward with the power of Grand Golem for his Forward-Air A.

*U-Air*

Similar to Isaac's dash attack, his Up-Air A attack, Condemn, has a critical hit chance. If it doesn't crit, you deal no damage and decent knock-back.

*Down-Air*

Isaac uses his psyenergy, Spire, to spike his opponent down to earth.

*B-Air*

Isaac uses the Orb of Force as his Backwards-Air A, sending enemies away from him.

B-Moves

*Neutral-B*

For his Neutral-B attack, Isaac casts his signature utility psyenergy, Move, and knocks the enemy away with a giant gloved hand.

*Neutral-B Air*

In the air, his Neutral-B causes his opponent to be sent towards him, for better balance and combo potential.

*Side-B*

Isaac's Side-B causes him to leap into the air and unleash his most trusted Djinni, Flint, and strike the opponent with a blow powerful enough to bury them in the earth.

*Up-B*

Isaac uses his utility psyenergy, Retreat, to escape upwards. Issac moves straight up and ends this move in helpless fall.

*Down-B*

Isaac's most powerful Venus psyenergy, the Gaia series is his Down-B. He uses all his strength to focus this attack, requiring a maximum charge time of two seconds.

The barely charged state, Gaia, does minimal damage and knock-back.

The second charge, Mother Gaia, does medium damage, knock-back, and strikes a larger area around Isaac.

Grand Gaia, the third and final charge, does extreme damage, knock-back, and hits a huge area.

*Down-B Air*

Issac uses one of his signature attacks, Ragnarok, and summons a giant flaming sword to strike his foe. The attack has low damage and knock-back but covers a huge area and has a long start-up.

Other

*Etc*

This is his Wait1 animation stance.

*Improved Graphics on Down-Smash and Down-B*

*Progress Information*
    I still need to add appropriate sound effects to his attacks, smooth many animations out, finalize graphical effects, and choose a Final Smash to give to him.

Please post moveset ideas and suggestions.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:38:10 PM by Uncle0wnage » Logged

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vH3VBZiT9E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vH3VBZiT9E</a>

Please help contribute with move ideas and suggestions. I really need your input on this project. If you are a big enough help, I may collab you.

His neutral B is Move
    His Side-Smash will be Echo
    His Up-B will be Mother Gaia
    His Down-Smash is Earthquake
    His F-Air will be Grand Golem
    His Down B I'm not sure of, it may be a version of Spire
    His Final Smash will be Judgement or Meggido
    His Side-B might be a Djinn attack
    His Side-A is a small leap and slash
    His Up-Tilt is a High-Kick/something else
    His AAA combo is not yet finalized
    His D-Tilt is not changed
    His N-Air will be Rock Sphere

If you can, please suggest moves, and knockback, flags, damage, graphics, etc.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »

I'm really liking it so far Cheesy
    some of the animations look a bit stiff but I'm sure those could be fixed up.
    I am curious know something though, Is push a real projectile? or a fake one?
    Anyway I'll be sure to give more feedback as you show more stuff off.
    Maybe you should ask SDoom for some more pointers and what not on animating.
    Also is this your first PSA? It looks great for one as I don't remember you doing any in the past.

Mi$teRC
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »

I'm pleased to see someone finally taking an interest in this project.

First, allow me to address Move.  On the ground, I like it.  However, in the air while he was edge guarding, that is ridiculously broken.  As soon as you knock them off, you can continuously push them off until they eventually fall, even at minimum percent.  While on the ground, it seems plausible, but I would reduce the distance traveled, but increase the knock back if anything.

For his Up-B, I'm finding difficulty seeing how Gaia will work.  I would see that as more of a down smash or special instead.  I would see Lift of Grab as a more plausible Up-B.

Everything else seems to be plausible, but if you would like to see what I was going for and would perhaps like to take a few ideas, by all means feel free:

F Smash: Echo - Isaac makes two attacks in quick succession.  The first strike doesn't do too much damage and is mainly intended to disrupt.  The second one is where the authority is dealing the most damage.

D Smash: Quake - Stabs downward causing rocks to launch upward in the air on either side of Isaac.  Increase effect if used from the air.

U Smash: An interesting combination of psynergy and sword.  Isaac launches his Move hand in to the air, and when it makes contact, he pulls the opponent downward, or spikes them downward, and then slashes upward.  Does very little damage due to it's strong disruptive potential.  Charging allows the hand to go farther.

Neutral B: Move - Isaac uses his trademark psynergy to push aside all obstacles in his path.  Not quite as powerful as his assist trophy verion, nor as large, but has the same effect.  Does no damage as it is intended soley to disrupt other players movements and deflect projectiles.  Moves slowly and doesn't travel very far.  0%

Side B: Flint - Calling upon his faithful Djinn Flint, Isaac lundges forward a decent distance and strikes down his sword with intensity.  If the opponent gets a grounded effect, so much the better.  Perhaps a sweet spot is in order for this. 12%

Up B: Grab - Isaac uses his psynergy to send out a hand diagonally upwards.  Sort of a hybrid of Olimar and Ganondorf, if the hand grabs hold of a ledge then Isaac is pulled upward and if the hand grabs an opponent, Isaac is instantly pulled to them and does a quick slashing attack.  7%

Down B: Gaia - A move that can be charged for greater power.  From the ground, a light shoots up briefly, perhaps momentarily stunning the opponent, followed by several small rocks being propelled up in the air.  Rather than increase the damage done per hit, as you charge the move to upgrade to Mother and Grand Gaia, more rocks shoot up, and the area of effect increases.  MAX 10%, 15%, 20%

Air Neutral B: Force - Very similar to Move, except rather than brush aside obstacles, this iteration has decent knockback and does slight damage while going through the opponent and continuing along.  3%

Air Down B: Spire - Isaac fires off three pointy rocks downward that doesn't deal the most damage, but has excellent spiking properties.  7%

---I have a few ideas for the final smash

Final Smash:

- Judgement - Very similar to Kid Buu's final smash by SDo0m, except not purple and smaller upon initial launch but explodes to roughly the same size.

- Ragnorok/Odyssey - This one is actually my favorite.  A giant sword falls from the sky, upon hitting the ground it slows.  As it decends it kicks out constant attack similar to the effect of Ice Climber's final smash.

- Djinn Storm - Essentially the same thing as Pit's final smash, except instead of angels... can anyone guess?  That's right!  Djinn.  Venus ones to be specific.

I accidentally deleted this thread in the PSA request section, and didn't feel like reviving it.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:41:56 PM by Pickles » Logged

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXehwMIJ2Vk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXehwMIJ2Vk</a>

Progress video

checkmate
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »

U0,

The PSA and animations looks amazing. I'm afraid that I don't really have much criticism or any ability in the PSA/Animation/balance field.

With that said, great work thus far.

Nitpicking over details:

I do have a request for Isaac's sword, specifically, the Sol Blade.  I know Calamitas made Felix with the Sol Blade, I think it would be great if Isaac could use one too (if possible).  Also, Megiddo is the Sol Blade's unleash so Isaac would need the Sol Blade for Megiddo

Also, I take it that you are using more that one class (of Psynergy) for this PSA. The only class that has Grand Golem available is the Beast Lord by equipping the Trainer's Whip with 3 Jupiter, Mercury, and Mars Djinn set ( This setup is applicable only for Venus Adepts).

You also mentioned Rock Sphere, a Psynergy that I have never heard of.  What class is it from?

Lastly Djinni is actually singular and Djinn is plural.  I didn't know if you knew that.

Perhaps Odyssey (6 Venus Djinn or higher in the Squire - Slayer class tree), Ragnarok (must be level 13 in same class tree) or, Skull Splitter (Ronin class) could be incorporated in this PSA.

Much thanks for working on this.

Regards,

-checkmate

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »

Oops I meant quake sphere. I may be able to work in ragnarok or odyssey as an up smash.

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »

UPDATE 1/16/2012

A-Moves

*AAA Combo*
    He is a lightweight character that hits hard, but his strongest moves are very slow and aren't easy to hit with.

His Standard AAA combo is a series of quick sword slashes that keep enemies at bay.

The combo ends with a horizontal slash that does decent knock-back.

*Side-Tilt*

His Side-A tilt is a short lunge forward accompanied by a vertical chop. This moves Isaac forward a few feet.

*Up-Tilt*

His Up-A tilt is a slash that hits in an arc above his head.

*Side-Smash*

For his Side-A smash, Isaac charges up his Dijinni, Echo, and does a two slash hit that sends the opponent straight up.

*Up-Smash*

Isaac concentrates his psyenergy for his Up-A Smash and casts Wild Growth, spearing the enemy with razor sharp vines.

*Down-Smash*

Using his sword as a focus for his psyenergy, Issac sends a powerful Earthquake through the ground, surfacing on either side of him.

*N-Air*

For his Neutral-Air A, Issac casts rockfall and surrounds himself with a small vortex of earth and stone.

*F-Air*

Issac punches forward with the power of Grand Golem for his Forward-Air A.

*B-Air*

Issac uses the Orb of Force as his Backwards-Air A, sending enemies away from him.

B-Moves

*Neutral-B*

For his Neutral-B attack, Issac casts his signature utility psyenergy, Move, and knocks the enemy away with a giant gloved hand.

In the air, his Neutral-B causes his opponent to be sent towards him, for better balance and combo potential.

*Side-B*

Issac's Side-B causes him to leap into the air and unleash his most trusted Djinni, Flint, and strike the opponent with a blow powerful enough to bury them in the earth.

*Down-B*

Issac's most powerful Venus psyenrgy, the Gaia series is his Down-B. He uses all his strength to focus this attack, requiring a maximum charge time of two seconds.

The barely charged state, Gaia, does minimal damage and knock-back.

The second charge, Mother Gaia, does medium damage, knock-back, and strikes a larger area around Isaac.

Grand Gaia, the third and final charge, does extreme damage, knockback, and hits a huge area.

Other

This is his Wait1 animation stance.

*Progress Information*
    His Up-B, Dash attack, D-tilt, Up-Air, and D-Air are currently in the developmental state. I still need to add appropriate sound effects to his attacks, smooth many animations out, finalize graphical effects, and choose a Final Smash to give to him.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-6XA_zrEE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-6XA_zrEE</a>

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:03:44 PM by U0 » Logged

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »

I am currently looking for a few beta testers for this PSA. I need criticism and comments on how to make it better. The more PSA experience you have,  the more likely I will let you test this. I hope someone like Sdoom or KJP or Mariodk will apply.

Just post a comment with your PSA making experience and PSAs you use.

I will give out the beta to the testers before the weekend is over, it will have all attacks except the final smash and throws. If you have a capture card, or can record a high quality dolphin video, I will give you the beta if you will record a video moveset. I will pm all applicants an answer by the end of the weekend.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:59:28 PM by Uncle0wnage » Logged

kenshen
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »

I would like to beta test this I've tried almost every kind of psa on this site. I love awesome full move set characters like these namely cloud strife goku sephiroth. I myself don't play golden sun but I have friends who love this series that would love to have this I have both a capture card and can run dolphin full speed which ever you prefer.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »

The PSA looks really nice, unfortunately i wish i can test it but i cant record because i dont have a camera.

Although i do use alot of PSA's including the popular ones and some old ones.

Mi$teRC
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »

I am intrigued by the progress of this moveset, as Isaac is one of my favorite charatcers.  I would like to beta test for you, if you will have me.  I have a tuner card on my PC that can record, although I do not know the status of my microphone.  I can probably find one somewhere.

As for my PSA knowledge, I do not have any reputable contributions, but I have made my own tweaks to already existing ones to fit the needs of my peers who frequently play.  Such examples would be adjusting the priority of SDo0m's Viewtiful Joe's Voomerang so as to not repel other projectiles, fixing the wall cling of Cloud as well (although I do believe that was fixed on it's own), and adjusting Eternal Yoshi's Gray Fox's neutral B to be three scope shots as opposed to a ray gun shot.
    NOTE: None of these examples were intended to criticize, but merely to conform the movesets to fir the preferences of the 6-7 people who play regularly.

Aside from that, I play many of the movesets that are released regularly.  So much so that SDo0m's Spiderman actually may have become one of my mains.  That particular moveset fits my playstyle very well.

Anyway, I would love to offer feedback to this project, as I had been working on my own for quite some time, but due to hardware and time restrictions had not been able to.

checkmate
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »

I would like to apply as a beta tester as Isaac is my favorite video game character and because I want to help.  I have done much tinkering with SDo0m Shadow PSA for a friend, I believe I messed with some bits for his Down Special. I made Eldiran's Zero (brawl+ version) start in his final smash state.

Uncle Ownage,

Would you mind giving us some guiding details as to what to expect out of Isaac?  How powerful should he be? What environment(s) should he fit in (Brawl, Balanced Brawl, Brawl-, Brawl+, Project M, or something else...)?

Thank you for making our applications possible and Isaac a reality,

checkmate

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Thanks for showing interest in this project, all of you who posted will get to test the beta.

@checkmate
    Issac is going to be a heavy hitting character. His ground game will rely primarily on spacing and keeping opponents away from him. He has an average run speed and sub-par jumping abilities. His air game is heavily centered on positioning his opponents with Move, and intercepting them. His moves are powerful, but most of them have small windows to hit the enemy, otherwise leaving Isaac open to counter attacks. He has more than average start-up time on Move on the ground, but no endlag so that he can chase his opponent. Gaia hits a large area vertically, and a very small area horizontally, but it has to be charged to be of any use. I am making him for vbrawl, but if someone wants to tweak him for any other codeset, I'd be happy to work with them on it. He is extremely light and can't take much of a hit. He also has poor air mobility and a slow, gimpable recovery. He has to rely on keeping his opponents away and slowing them down. His side-b impales the opponent, allowing him to ready a charge for gaia, or any of his smashes. I also gave him two moves with a chance to critical hit. His dash has a 10-frame opening to hit, with a 1 in 8 chance of ko-ing the opponent,  but if it misses or he doesn't critical, he has almost a second of endlag, making this a high-risk high-reward attack. His up-air is similar, with the same crit percent, but the move does no damage and set knock-back. His criticals are instant knockouts. I know people will complain about this, so I will include a version with a crits that ko and a version that has crits, but only do moderate damage and good knock-back. If 1 in 8 seems like it is too high, I will reduce it down to 1/12, 1/16, or at the minimum 1/20. His dash is only safe if you land his side-b,and even then you might still get a whiff.

Also, I only have one more move to finish before beta. The Up-B. :/

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »

UPDATE 1/16/2012

A-Moves

*Down-Tilt*

Isaac slashes at the opponents feet, sending them away at a low angle.
    *Dash-A*

Isaac's dash attack, Annihilation, has a quick start-up, but severe end-lag. The attack has a one in eight chance of dealing a critical hit. The possible power of this move is extreme, but if it does not crit, you will be punished by your opponent.

Of course, if Isaac does crit, say goodbye to your enemies!  
    *Up-Air*

Similar to Isaac's dash attack, his Up-Air A attack, Condemn, has a critical hit chance. If it doesn't crit, you deal no damage and decent knock-back.
    *Down-Air*

Isaac uses his psyenergy, Spire, to spike his opponent down to earth.

B-Moves

*Up-B*

Isaac uses his utility psyenergy, Retreat, to escape upwards. Issac moves straight up and ends this move in helpless fall.
    *Down-B Air*

Issac uses one of his signature attacks, Ragnarok, and summons a giant flaming sword to strike his foe. The attack has low damage and knock-back but covers a huge area and has a long start-up.

Other

*Improved Graphics on Down-Smash and Down-B*

*V*Update Video Here*V*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjXxOcHDDeQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjXxOcHDDeQ</a>

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:45:45 PM by Uncle0wnage » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
    Print
    Jump to: