Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000''s Tutorials: Shaders for imports  (Read 11190 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

Then send me your dae generated with brawlbox, I'll import it into 3dsmax if possible, and will get it back to you as a mdl0

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 02:41:50 PM »

thats nice thanks.
    I can send you the model as 3ds file too If you want

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »

I need help for editing normals.  I have Roy Koopa all rigged up, and I put in the shaders and color nodes, but it's invisible in-game.  So I'm supposed to edit the normals.  I really don't want to start the rig all over, so is there an easy way of getting the fixed normals?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 06:23:12 AM »

I suppose using the 'normal' modifier, which inverts the normals, would make it. Try using it without collapsing. If doesn't work, then collapse, just be careful to not to collapse the skin modifier you're using for the rig. Keep a copy of the project before trying anything.

Stage shadows tutorial

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:03 AM »

Believe me, I have multiple copies.  Tongue

I'll try that later.  Thanks!  Cheesy

EDiT:  I put it in, but it went to the top of the stack.  Also, is it normal for him to be dark?  I'm trying to get the normals to the bottom of the stack, so that when I collapse it, it won't influence the skin modifier.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:00:35 PM by TravixMan » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »

Just move it by holding the right button in the mouse and moving down.

Anyway, if he gets dark, then something's wrong. I mean, if in 3dsmax is looking fine, the normals shouldn't be the problem in-game. If the normals were inverted, he would look dark before using the normals thing, not after using it. Look at how it is in brawlbox, if it looks well there, it's not a normals problem. Maybe he's too big, or too small, or something.

Stage shadows tutorial

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »

Just move it by holding the right button in the mouse and moving down.

Anyway, if he gets dark, then something's wrong. I mean, if in 3dsmax is looking fine, the normals shouldn't be the problem in-game. If the normals were inverted, he would look dark before using the normals thing, not after using it. Look at how it is in brawlbox, if it looks well there, it's not a normals problem. Maybe he's too big, or too small, or something.
    I meant that he's dark in 3DS Max.  And also, I can't move the normal modifier below the skin modifier, due to it going over to other stuff, such as rename, paste, etc...

He looks fine in Brawlbox, but in-game, he's too bright, giving off a King Boo-like vibe.  He has the right shaders and color-nodes, but he's invisible, as I stated earlier.  DJ Lowgey told me I had to work the normals.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

Too bright? Invisible? If he's bright, then he's visible, so I suppose you mean he's transparent.

Well, if that's the case, the normals are fine, what isn't okay is the shaders. You would need to edit some values in the shaders. And in the materials.

First of all, check if the materials have the EnableBlend option in true or false. In general, it should be false.

Then, look if the colors in the color folder are 128 128 128 or 255 255 255. Importing with the fourth option on should reset all the colors to 128, but if it's not the case, they could be anything. And, given the standard shader, 255 255 255 would be too bright, a small change would be needed in the shader. ColorScale should be changed to multiplyby2 instead of multiplyby4.

Anyway, if that happened, my material tool can change the color nodes to be 128 again. And importing the model again with the 4th option on would do it too.

If nothing of this works, send me your model as it is currently in brawlbox, so I test it in my wii.

Stage shadows tutorial

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »

Too bright? Invisible? If he's bright, then he's visible, so I suppose you mean he's transparent.

Well, if that's the case, the normals are fine, what isn't okay is the shaders. You would need to edit some values in the shaders. And in the materials.

First of all, check if the materials have the EnableBlend option in true or false. In general, it should be false.

Then, look if the colors in the color folder are 128 128 128 or 255 255 255. Importing with the fourth option on should reset all the colors to 128, but if it's not the case, they could be anything. And, given the standard shader, 255 255 255 would be too bright, a small change would be needed in the shader. ColorScale should be changed to multiplyby2 instead of multiplyby4.

Anyway, if that happened, my material tool can change the color nodes to be 128 again. And importing the model again with the 4th option on would do it too.

If nothing of this works, send me your model as it is currently in brawlbox, so I test it in my wii.

I'll explain further.  (All this is in Mario Kart Wii.)

First, I put the one with shading and color node into the Character Select Screen.  When it loaded, Roy was invisible.  Then, I put the one with the standard shading, and I got a very bright Roy.  I got the shaders and color nodes from DJ Lowgey's Crash Bandicoot hack.

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »

It is invisible in the css? I had that problem too long time ago but i found a way to fix it.
    Just import your textures with szs modifier. this should work fine

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »

It is invisible in the css? I had that problem too long time ago but i found a way to fix it.
    Just import your textures with szs modifier. this should work fine
    I fixed the invisible error long ago.  What my shaders do now is make it absolutely bright, it's like King Boo bright.  Is this because of the character's current shader and the color node I got from Crash?

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »

I am working on the normals for my character now.  I already did the first few steps, which was the rotating the one bone, moving the bone, and exporting it to Brawlbox.  After I exported it from Brawlbox back to 3DS Max, do I have to delete the bone and then rig normally?  A video would help a lot for people who are having trouble with shader/normals.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 03:25:56 PM »

Yeah, that's it. The final result is just that the rotations for the model have to be 90,0,0 in max. That's why the bone is used, the change made to the bone will be applied to the model, and it will have the right rotations and normals to use ingame from that moment on.

I may make a normal fixing video or something, I've already made 2 video tutorials showing me doing things in my desktop.

Stage shadows tutorial

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »

Yeah, that's it. The final result is just that the rotations for the model have to be 90,0,0 in max. That's why the bone is used, the change made to the bone will be applied to the model, and it will have the right rotations and normals to use ingame from that moment on.

I may make a normal fixing video or something, I've already made 2 video tutorials showing me doing things in my desktop.
    I see.  I will get started again tomorrow, because when I did some rigging, the wrist got messed up somehow, and then corrupted the entire project.  However, it's okay, for I have an original rig without perfect normals, (The Roy model that is currently in the download.)  I'll do the long manual way of looking back into it...  but it's still work that pays off in the end.  Smiley

Edit:  Roy's arm got messed up during the rig, thus I couldn't rig it anymore.  Sad

I hope the same does not apply for Iggy.
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:59:23 PM by TravixMan » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3]
    Print
    Jump to: