Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1104 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 1110 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4662077 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16590 on: October 12, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »

Nope. I meant boneset. I have her Galaxy model with her original bones, and they look extremely similar. Smiley
    Well to be fair, if it is the Galaxy boneset, there are only 6 dress bones. 2 for the back, 2 for the front right, 2 for front left. And they are all near the bottom. It is extremely hard to cover her legs if they move very far.Smiley
    Oh okay, I see what you mean now.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16591 on: October 12, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »

So I finished the model.

But now it doesn't want to import into BB. Yes I've added all the bones to the Skin modifier, all objects are rigged, "Remap Materials" is set to false, I didn't delete bones or move them. Any idea?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #16592 on: October 12, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »

Well what's the error look like? Also what version of BB are you trying to import with? I see you're on a Windows 8, if it's the version of BB I'm thinking, you may have run into the problem I have when importing on a windows 8.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16593 on: October 12, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »

Moar progress on Fred.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16594 on: October 12, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

"Index was outside the bounds of the array."
    I'm using v0.73 of BB. This problem seems to be happening a lot lately. With the past few imports I've made, it's been the same error. The last successful import I had was Lady Timpani...

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #16595 on: October 12, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »

Well try an older version, I haven't attempted to import with v0.73 but isn't it the same as importing with v0.71?

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16596 on: October 12, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »

there are missing vertices to rig
    you can test that by rodating the topN bone, and select all over the area where the model was, thats the way to check if there are missing vertices

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #16597 on: October 12, 2014, 07:20:13 PM »

there are missing vertices to rig
    you can test that by rodating the topN bone, and select all over the area where the model was, thats the way to check if there are missing vertices
    Does the "Skin Wrap" actually not rig some vertices? Never used it (unless it's the "Skin" modifier in 3ds Max 2010) so I've never ruin into the problem of vertices not being rigged...or if I have then I ended up fixing it without realizing that was the problem.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16598 on: October 12, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »

skin wrap doesnt rig 100% good; you always have to re-touch it by yourself because of problems like this, for example, lets say I want to rig a skirt over zelda's but the skirt is actually longer than zelda's, since the skin wrap actually copies the rigged polygon, it will not rig the whole skirt because its longer than the original

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #16599 on: October 12, 2014, 07:28:42 PM »

Does the "Skin Wrap" actually not rig some vertices? Never used it (unless it's the "Skin" modifier in 3ds Max 2010) so I've never ruin into the problem of vertices not being rigged...or if I have then I ended up fixing it without realizing that was the problem.
    It may not. You gotta make sure to check "Rig all verts" or something like that... there is a box for it though

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16600 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »

So I'm going to ask again since it evidently went ignored.

Will a 10k poly count cause lag, or no? If it's under like, very stressing conditions like a super complicated stage with two PKMN Trainers then I don't think that will really warrant concern.

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16601 on: October 12, 2014, 07:47:21 PM »

So I'm going to ask again since it evidently went ignored.

Will a 10k poly count cause lag, or no? If it's under like, very stressing conditions like a super complicated stage with two PKMN Trainers then I don't think that will really warrant concern.
    Well, that actually depends on the host character´s polygon limit, on the first page, second post of this thread, there is a polycount of each character, zelda´s (i think thats the character majorette is over) is about 9000, yeah no vegeta reference :v .... <_<
    also i remebered someone said there is about 1-2k of polys of diference that doesnt make lag, idk if that is completely true, so i think there wont be lag, at least if you´re fighting with 3 players, some people have lag with 4 10k+ characters.

Well i think that should help, it has been a lot of time since i got around here so maybe there are more new stuff related to poly count, also i wish you best of luck with the model since my old one was so bad Tongue and with many issues, and the one you have now looks awesome! Grin
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:49:48 PM by Anivernage » Logged

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16602 on: October 12, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »

Well, that actually depends on the host character´s polygon limit, on the first page, second post of this thread, there is a polycount of each character, zelda´s (i think thats the character majorette is over) is about 9000, yeah no vegeta reference :v .... <_<
    also i remebered someone said there is about 1-2k of polys of diference that doesnt make lag, idk if that is completely true, so i think there wont be lag, at least if you´re fighting with 3 players, some people have lag with 4 10k+ characters.

Well i think that should help, it has been a lot of time since i got around here so maybe there are more new stuff related to poly count, also i wish you best of luck with the model since my old one was so bad Tongue and with many issues, and the one you have now looks awesome! Grin

Zelda is 9.2k, Majora is 10.5k. 1.4K of that comes from her belt, tbh, and could be reduced if I simply used planes rather than tiny six sided "spheres." However, I'm not overly concerned by a 1.3K difference in the poly counts.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16603 on: October 12, 2014, 11:26:45 PM »

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16604 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:07 AM »

It was gonna be done at some point. Good on ya Kyouma.

Pages:  1 ... 1104 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 1110 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: