Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1173 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 1179 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4596978 times)
Ashley and Red
Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17625 on: January 07, 2015, 09:41:40 AM »

btw, how the hell do you make the models show up in noesis?
    i got the model files, and i have noesis, but it doesn't recognize the format... (it shows up as a winrar file)

I can send you my build ready to see and rip as well, just PM me....

Post Merge: January 07, 2015, 10:05:05 AM
    I neede to delete the chain and the feathers, as well as her shoulder..."cape" D:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:05:05 AM by Ashley and Red » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17626 on: January 07, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »

Guise talking about Zelda stuff? I gots some Zelda stuff Kirby Dance

Twilight Era-Melee Link

Not Zelda, but Wanic the Cheathog!

A special thumbs up to all the HW and Amiibo content. Especially Link. (love that guy in HW, the hype)

Dem boots need UV work.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17627 on: January 07, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »

btw, how the hell do you make the models show up in noesis?
    i got the model files, and i have noesis, but it doesn't recognize the format... (it shows up as a winrar file)
    There's actually a script you need to have for the program to recognize the files, I'm sure that someone will send that to you as well. Once you have that, it's dead easy, but beware, when you export it as a OBJ, be sure to select "Flip the UVs" otherwise you get some screwy results.  I learned this the hard way.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17628 on: January 07, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »

God damn, Lana is hot. Tongue

Anyway, I have a new WIP of my own. I separated the objects the way I needed them, and I just need to:

A) Find his hands
    B) Fix materials.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #17629 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »

Anyway, I have a new WIP of my own. I separated the objects the way I needed them, and I just need to:

A) Find his hands
    B) Fix materials.

Can I have Donkey and Diddy please? I'm assuming that's from the dkcr iso right?
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:06:29 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17630 on: January 07, 2015, 03:03:49 PM »

tong's over donkey kong i presume?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17631 on: January 07, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »

A) Find his hands
    B) Fix materials.

I'm curious as to how...you got DKCR models...

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17632 on: January 07, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »

Yes, Tiki Tong will be over DK if I can find the hand models. He can go around slapping and punching lol.

I'm curious as to how...you got DKCR models...

From a 3DS max script from a Metroid Prime hacking thread I signed up in. The developer made a special one specifically for DKCR. 'm not sharing it here, mainly because  there's still issues with it like messed up materials.

And to the one who asked for DK and Diddy, sorry I searched the ISO and have NO idea where they are. After I extracted the PAK files, the model files aren't named, but just have weird hex strings as their filenames.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #17633 on: January 07, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »

Yes, Tiki Tong will be over DK if I can find the hand models. He can go around slapping and punching lol.

From a 3DS max script from a Metroid Prime hacking thread I signed up in. The developer made a special one specifically for DKCR. 'm not sharing it here, mainly because  there's still issues with it like messed up materials.

And to the one who asked for DK and Diddy, sorry I searched the ISO and have NO idea where they are. After I extracted the PAK files, the model files aren't named, but just have weird hex strings as their filenames.
    How many are there? Probably a lot. Sad Oh well, maybe someone could find them for me later.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17634 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »

I'm likely gonna get a lot of flak for showing this, but what the hell.  Using some of the optimizing guides on here, I reduced her poly count by more than half along with her vertex count. There may be slight lag but I've rigged models before with higher poly/vertex counts, so this is hardly my record Laugh

All things considered, the model itself doesn't look too far off from the high-poly version in all honesty Grin

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17635 on: January 08, 2015, 12:24:19 AM »

Not the one I found, works perfectly fine, I've imported higher poly before. 12,000 polys is hardly ridiculous or the limit for Brawl.  Rather this than another Shadow hack. FP? And I have no idea how to properly optimize them. Princess Ruto is only 12,000, the Great Fairy is roughly 25,000, which is insane. FP, as in, a thread on here that talks about it?

Edit: Found this http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=52692.0

Welded vertices, managed to get the Great Fairy down to 10,000 polys with 8,100 vertices.  Still looks fine.

Exactly. I'm willing to bet most playable characters in HW are fairly high poly, because Ruto's model is simple in shape in comparison to most of them. Take Ganon for example:

He has a lot of polygons.

FP is Facepunch. You linked to it earlier in the thread.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17636 on: January 08, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »

Exactly. I'm willing to bet most playable characters in HW are fairly high poly, because Ruto's model is simple in shape in comparison to most of them. Take Ganon for example:

FP is Facepunch. You linked to it earlier in the thread.

See the post I just made above, I optimized the GF model to less than half the verts and managed to import her into Brawl Box. Facepunch, yes, but I don't know the forums that well, at all, enough to know where to find a good tutorial. Are there any good model optimizing tutorials on here besides that one?

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17637 on: January 08, 2015, 01:06:59 AM »

Whoops I was super late

What you're doing sounds fine, tbh. If you cut the tri count in half then you should be good. If you still want other optimization methods try checking out Polycount: http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Polycount

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17638 on: January 08, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »

Whoops I was super late

What you're doing sounds fine, tbh. If you cut the tri count in half then you should be good. If you still want other optimization methods try checking out Polycount: http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Polycount

Ah well, um I haven't the foggiest idea on how to reduce the triangle count (tri-count), that's something I never used to be blunt, and that wiki you linked to, any particular section? With regards to the tri-count, would Brawl Box be the program to use to reduce that, unless the Pro-optimizer is all I need, tried to manually reduce it, yeah, didn't turn out too well lol. And no problem about being super late with the other post, no worries Grin

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17639 on: January 08, 2015, 05:51:12 AM »

yeah Ganondorf be about 44k poly's.. thats waaaay WAY too high for brawl to even use... even if u made him low poly, he just wouldnt look the same anymore..

anyways, any1 remember this fella? i showed him back in june... no? bummer.
    Decided to get back to finishing off Lu Bu since i was cleaning off my desktop and saw his files there, so I decided to try to finish him off after failed attempts to get the rest of his headgear (damn u physics!)

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Pages:  1 ... 1173 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 1179 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: