Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4661476 times)
Vaanrose
Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9225 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »

I was originally going to build one from scratch, but instead I took the Pokepark model and heavily altered it. The proportions have been changed to better fit Dedede's skeleton, and he's been completely retopologized with more geometry at the shoulders and elbows for better animation. Plus I built him a mouth that the model didn't have. I also made his body sag more. The pokepark model looks like a balloon, but Snorlax is so heavy he should look more like a bean bag chair. That said, he'll still have a second puffed-up body to go with Dedede's floating animations.

He'll have new brawl-styled textures made from scratch. I'm shooting for a fuzzy-furry kinda look.

Doing this has made me want to do a Totoro over Dedede now.

Kingskull95
    Supreme Kitten

Beyond The Boundary

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9226 on: March 17, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »

Blackrose, eh? Pretty cool. Did anyone import Kite/Shugo over Sheik yet?

Also regarding Cyborg Raiden/Gray Fox, are those models ripped from MGRR and edited or are they based off of the game?

yeah ripped from metal gear rising Cheesy

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9227 on: March 17, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »

I was originally going to build one from scratch, but instead I took the Pokepark model and heavily altered it. The proportions have been changed to better fit Dedede's skeleton, and he's been completely retopologized with more geometry at the shoulders and elbows for better animation. Plus I built him a mouth that the model didn't have. I also made his body sag more. The pokepark model looks like a balloon, but Snorlax is so heavy he should look more like a bean bag chair. That said, he'll still have a second puffed-up body to go with Dedede's floating animations.

He'll have new brawl-styled textures made from scratch. I'm shooting for a fuzzy-furry kinda look.

you are awesome.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9228 on: March 17, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

That's a nice model. Hopefully it won't be butchered to much during optimization.

Niiiice. I look forward to that.

And my measly contribution to this thread...

Finished Tenshi's weapons that will go over Peach's frying pan, racket, and golf club. I modified LJSTAR's Sword of Hisou and gave it a new tassle for the pommel, redid the UVs, and plan on redoing the texture.
    The keystone is actually a rearrangement of the frying pan's vertices, but the rope and...paper tassles?...are custom. The rope's UVs go really nicely over the tennis racket's texture.

Most of this project is modifying Peach's original vertices, so I don't feel progress on that front is really applicable to this thread.

Thyrus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9229 on: March 17, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »

Pure win.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9230 on: March 17, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »

for snorlax i think donkey kong uses some spec maps for the fur, they may help u achieva dat fuzzy furry look ur looking for...

Vaanrose
    Hyper Kitten

Moetwo

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9231 on: March 17, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »

Model's done, UVs are laid out and I've done the first pass on the rig. I probably should've looked at Dedede's animations more closely before painting weights because his shoulders are pretty poor. I'll probably be starting the shoulders over from scratch. But the mouth moves decently and the belly jiggle is golden.

No texture in the image yet because I like to get the rigging done before painting.

for snorlax i think donkey kong uses some spec maps for the fur, they may help u achieva dat fuzzy furry look ur looking for...

I'll look into it. I know I need to get a shiny material on the pokeflute, too.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9232 on: March 18, 2013, 12:12:04 AM »

the belly jiggle is golden.
    This made me chuckle inside.
    Lookin' good so far, Vaan.

DK does not have spec maps. Most of his fur effect is achieved by planes with transparency, as well as three 512x512 texture maps and one 512x256. Two of those are pure fur, and the other two are mostly fur and some skin. Just very good texture work for the fur parts of those.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9233 on: March 18, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »

oops
    ur right kage
    i dont know where i got that idea lol

LJSTAR
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Pin Collector RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9234 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »

Finished Tenshi's weapons that will go over Peach's frying pan, racket, and golf club. I modified LJSTAR's Sword of Hisou and gave it a new tassle for the pommel, redid the UVs, and plan on redoing the texture.
    The keystone is actually a rearrangement of the frying pan's vertices, but the rope and...paper tassles?...are custom. The rope's UVs go really nicely over the tennis racket's texture.

Most of this project is modifying Peach's original vertices, so I don't feel progress on that front is really applicable to this thread.

Dat Keystone, I think it's maybe a little bit too "round" for it (I think it's just me), but it look really great !
    (And for the sword, I'm happy to see one of my model being edited and look better, I was almost planning to redo it, the model that I've made for it in the first place was ... meeh)

But I'm looking forward for that Tenshi ! Cheesy

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9235 on: March 18, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »

Dat Keystone, I think it's maybe a little bit too "round" for it (I think it's just me), but it look really great !
    (And for the sword, I'm happy to see one of my model being edited and look better, I was almost planning to redo it, the model that I've made for it in the first place was ... meeh)

But I'm looking forward for that Tenshi ! Cheesy
    Thanks. ^^

Finished the UVs for the sword and put a quick texture on it:

I've also done all the recolors for it with Hue/Saturation layers, though I plan to tweak the shading on the hilt later. I also need to shorten the grip, because it looks way to big in Peach's hand, and the blade should be proportionately longer.

As for the keystone, it really is that round in the sprites. The jagged edges should show up better in the texture once I finish that, and I might push a few verts here and there to better match that texture.

However, since it only shows up for like 30 frames or so during one in three forward smashes, I think it's fine for the direct Peach import. I plan on making a PSA too, but I need to copy this model and adjust it for the PSA. With ROTATING KEYSTONES.

[EDIT]
    And coincidentally, LJ, my iTunes switched to "Fighting of the Spirit" when your sig changed to have Cress Albein on it.
    « Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:17:12 PM by Kage Ryu » Logged

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9236 on: March 18, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »

that sword really looks familiar o3o

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9237 on: March 18, 2013, 06:38:32 PM »

i dont even know if i'll finish it... if i do, it'll be on ZSS

Haseyo
    K-Pop Connoisseur
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container 128-bit Pro Gamer 64-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9238 on: March 18, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »

Noel Noel Noel...we need some Taokaka up in here.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9239 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

How can there be more random anime girls that haven't been done yet?

Pages:  1 ... 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: