Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4658679 times)
Iwvi
Cronic Procrastinator
Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16065 on: August 27, 2014, 11:33:51 PM »

PSA refers to a moveset hack. Includes coding and animations. Sometimes they work with their own skeletons, or ones of a character. They are built over a character, using their [fighter].pac as a base, but the model can be that of another character. So, yes they go over a specific character, but not necessarily use the same bone structure.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16066 on: August 27, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »

PSA refers to a moveset hack. Includes coding and animations. Sometimes they work with their own skeletons, or ones of a character. They are built over a character, using their [fighter].pac as a base, but the model can be that of another character. So, yes they go over a specific character, but not necessarily use the same bone structure.

Heh, shows what I know lol Laugh Never done a PSA hack, I don't have the skills to do that yet Wink

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16067 on: August 28, 2014, 02:58:03 AM »

Heh, shows what I know lol Laugh Never done a PSA hack, I don't have the skills to do that yet Wink
    you seriously dont know what a psa is and you been here since 2011? damn lol your telling me you never saw ssbb chars with unique movesets/graphics until today?

kkrool looks nice but like someone said the coat needs a better txture especially on the buttons.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16068 on: August 28, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »

you seriously dont know what a psa is and you been here since 2011? damn lol your telling me you never saw ssbb chars with unique movesets/graphics until today?

kkrool looks nice but like someone said the coat needs a better txture especially on the buttons.

I think he meant that he has never known what they were called. I mean, it's almost impossible to not see a Mewtwo, Cloud, Waluigi, or Shadow floating around somewhere.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16069 on: August 28, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »

And I should keep my own thoughts to my damn self as they only lead me to trouble, heh. No wonder I've been having a helluva lot trouble finding motivation to work on hacks lately or at a faster pace.  Tongue
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:52:14 AM by the_randomizer » Logged

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #16070 on: August 28, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »

That...was actually a katana before you straightened it. What you have now is more like a ninjato. Looks good, though.

Am I dumb... Mario Facepalm (no, I'm not)
    Btw you wouldn't happen to know anyone that can optimize this sword for less polygons would you?
    I suck when it comes to optimization...

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16071 on: August 28, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »

As I steadily improved my modelling skills, one thing I learned that unless you want to make a character shadow model, it's sometimes better to build a new model with less faces/verts with similar uvs because the optimizing methods in maya and max have a terrible habit of breaking symmetry and you won't have control over how it looks.

Before you try to do so, see if you can apply the sensibilities from this tutorial to the model first:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=52552.0

Just remember that holding the V key will let you snap things, and Edit Mesh > Merge is what you use to weld the verts together.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16072 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »

And I should keep my own thoughts to my damn self as they only lead me to trouble, heh. No wonder I've been having a helluva lot trouble finding motivation to work on hacks lately or at a faster pace.  Tongue
    Nah, don't worry about it. I think he just likes to call out things in the most blunt way possible. Never be ashamed of asking a legitimate question.

Am I dumb... Mario Facepalm (no, I'm not)
    Btw you wouldn't happen to know anyone that can optimize this sword for less polygons would you?
    I suck when it comes to optimization...

Honestly I doubt many people know what that kind of sword is called. As far as I know, a ninjato is actually fictional and wasn't used back in the day, as any Japanese swords like that used in the feudal eras were curved.

As for optimization, I probably could. A sword probably wouldn't give me any trouble. However, I wouldn't get around to it anytime soon, so you'd probably have to wait a week before I even started on it.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16073 on: August 29, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »

enjoy... these models were a pain to get working... along with their materials.. most of them had to be remade cause replacing them just wouldnt work..

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16074 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »

I don't know what it is, but it's pretty...

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16075 on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:44 AM »

Holy sh!t dude, Magolor's Arena?
    That's beyond radical.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #16076 on: August 29, 2014, 03:34:32 PM »

Honestly I doubt many people know what that kind of sword is called. As far as I know, a ninjato is actually fictional and wasn't used back in the day, as any Japanese swords like that used in the feudal eras were curved.

As for optimization, I probably could. A sword probably wouldn't give me any trouble. However, I wouldn't get around to it anytime soon, so you'd probably have to wait a week before I even started on it.

So you'd optimize this sword for me but I'd have to wait a week? Sounds good but
    I did a little optimizing myself and I don't think it will look as good as yours when you're done with it.
    (The handle almost looks like crap) Would you like me to give you the files now?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #16077 on: August 29, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »

enjoy... these models were a pain to get working... along with their materials.. most of them had to be remade cause replacing them just wouldnt work..

Is it going to function like the actual level? With the floor moving like one of the sidescrolling stages? If not, I think that'd be a cool option.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16078 on: August 29, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »

Holy sh!t dude, Magolor's Arena?
    That's beyond radical.
    yes it is!

Is it going to function like the actual level? With the floor moving like one of the sidescrolling stages? If not, I think that'd be a cool option.
    gonna try to... but the main floor isnt being hidden by the flames.. not sure why..

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16079 on: August 30, 2014, 06:57:10 AM »

Pages:  1 ... 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: