Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1276 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 1282 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4599883 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19170 on: July 15, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »

Inb4 Edits LAWL

My stuff never gets the recognition it deserves, if only it was 2011-12.
    if its about brawl hacks, dont worry, most of the hacks that deserves recognition doesnt get it unless is made by any of the pmdt

Lone Devil
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19171 on: July 15, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »

Maybe it doesn't deserve as much recognition as you think it does...

Same can easily be said to texture only hacks *cough* SSB3

lol I kept getting 503'd a min ago.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19172 on: July 15, 2015, 08:14:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure custom texture work done by professionals who know what they're doing would get more attention than someone who's just learning the basics (the age of animation swaps has passed). And you advertising yourself in multiple places doesn't help your cause. It just makes you look like an entitled child when you throw a fit after people call you out for it.

My stuff never gets the recognition it deserves
    You aren't entitled to something just because you worked hard at it. It's just as bad as the children who can't take criticism.

My work doesn't get the recognition I think it should get, but you don't see me [censored]ing, complaining, and advertising. Get over yourself.

f only it was 2011-12.
    Standards were very low back in 2011/2012, as moveset editing was just barely becoming a thing, so of course your totally original OC with animation swaps would get some form of attention

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19173 on: July 15, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »

Same can easily be said to texture only hacks *cough* SSB3

lol I kept getting 503'd a min ago.

Possibly because we do models and textures at a quality that is very rare to find nowadays. They aren't just imports of Smash4, anyone can do that. We work with what we have and make it look damn good.

It's 2015. Anyone can do basic animation swaps and hitbox editing with brawlbox. If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

now for something related to the thread:

Current progress on a new model. Trashed Raven because I had no idea what I'm doing. Should be easy to guess who it is.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Lone Devil
    Expert Kitten

« Reply #19174 on: July 15, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »

I'm pretty sure custom texture work done by professionals who know what they're doing would get more attention than someone who's just learning the basics (the age of animation swaps has passed). And you advertising yourself in multiple places doesn't help your cause. It just makes you look like an entitled child when you throw a fit after people call you out for it.
    You aren't entitled to something just because you worked hard at it. It's just as bad as the children who can't take criticism.

My work doesn't get the recognition I think it should get, but you don't see me [censored]ing, complaining, and advertising. Get over yourself.
    Standards were very low back in 2011/2012, as moveset editing was just barely becoming a thing, so of course your totally original OC with animation swaps would get some form of attention

So basically, custom animations > mechanics and balance? is what matters? no wonder.
    clearly I wasn't [censored]ing at the slightest. and what were you talking about "entitled child"?
    my previous response wasn't meant to be taken very seriously, just stating facts and I'm not looking or asking for a resolve.

If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

You know I don't mean JUST my PSA (keyword: stuff), also Give me less than 2 months...

Back on Topic (Reposted):
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:46:41 PM by Darkon360 » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19175 on: July 15, 2015, 09:13:15 PM »

[censored]ing 503's.

I'm about to fix Fredrik's rig again. Shoulders and arms are damn awful.

So basically, custom animations > mechanics and balance? is what matters? no wonder.
    clearly I wasn't [censored]ing at the slightest. and what were you talking about "entitled child"?
    my previous response wasn't meant to be taken very seriously, just stating facts and I'm not looking or asking for a resolve.

Custom Animations =/= balancing + mechanics. He's saying that the whole package has to be good and polished, if I understood correctly. And yeah, advertising and lamenting that you get no attention / recognition makes you look a bit... bad. Hack because you like it, not because you want recognition.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19176 on: July 15, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »

Inb4 Edits LAWL

My stuff never gets the recognition it deserves, if only it was 2011-12.

just do a dbz hack or a shadow da hedgehog and ur in business

also @ everyone else
    can we drop the put downs already
    point has been made, we dont want to discourage anyone too
    if you know what i mean...
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:30:53 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19177 on: July 15, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »

just do a dbz hack or a shadow da hedgehog and ur in business

also @ everyone else
    can we drop the put downs already
    point has been made, we dont want to discourage anyone too
    if you know what i mean...
    its this or making melee-related hacks

personally, I know I'll be ninja'd again but idc, I dont really feel like posting previews here anymore because the way the characters are uknown here is like speaking another language

ZG
    Mega Kitten

Squiddle Diddle

• Awards PC Core Gamer RAGE!! 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19178 on: July 16, 2015, 08:11:35 AM »

After many attempts, I still cant fix the texture problem with my Mimicutie import. The textures still come out wrong in game at random times.

I did end up making a portrait for it though:

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19179 on: July 16, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »

Possibly because we do models and textures at a quality that is very rare to find nowadays. They aren't just imports of Smash4, anyone can do that. We work with what we have and make it look damn good.

It's 2015. Anyone can do basic animation swaps and hitbox editing with brawlbox. If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

now for something related to the thread:

Current progress on a new model. Trashed Raven because I had no idea what I'm doing. Should be easy to guess who it is.

Not sure if you're downplaying importing Sm4sh models or not. Just like you said about Sma4sh model, anyone can add subtle rimlighting and make custom textures. The difference is the effort put into our work that makes the difference. It's tedious work to import, optimize, rig, do materials, and texture work to emulate Sm4sh characters respectfully. Heck, models in general are a pain to do. I probably give myself more work because I don't use the "Skin Wrap" method. I mean, I, personally, don't just do a quick rig for those models and call it a day with something that looks bland. Same can be said for Smash 3 stuff. Hard work was definately put in to make those customs textures, balancing file size with quality, renders, and making constant changes before release. I could have misunderstood your post though. If so, I apologize Kirby Dance.

Lone Devil
    Expert Kitten

« Reply #19180 on: July 16, 2015, 10:18:55 AM »

gewd enuff or needs moar of a Modern touch? *cough* details.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19181 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »

Not sure if you're downplaying importing Sm4sh models or not. Just like you said about Sma4sh model, anyone can add subtle rimlighting and make custom textures. The difference is the effort put into our work that makes the difference. It's tedious work to import, optimize, rig, do materials, and texture work to emulate Sm4sh characters respectfully. Heck, models in general are a pain to do. I probably give myself more work because I don't use the "Skin Wrap" method. I mean, I, personally, don't just do a quick rig for those models and call it a day with something that looks bland. Same can be said for Smash 3 stuff. Hard work was definately put in to make those customs textures, balancing file size with quality, renders, and making constant changes before release. I could have misunderstood your post though. If so, I apologize Kirby Dance.
    I honestly hate it when people just use the generated rig for fingers, it bugs greatly. I mean you put the hard work on everything but the fingers because they're not as noticeable? Lazy. Also yes about the smash 4 imports, the difference is quality and effort. Even though most of the time it took me to finish Mario was just not working on him at all, still put in tons f effort to recreate his textures perfectly due to normal maps not being supposed correctly in Brawl, not to mention the rig, even though most of Wii U Mario was basically a remapped Brawl Mario, still didn't use any parts of Mario except for the eyes because otherwise I wouldn't get perfect eye movement. Eyes are pretty much the only thing I'm perfectly fine with reusing from Brawl, hands I'm okay with if the original hands are too high poly. Anyways I would post a pic of a WIP I'm making except I don't have anything to post at the moment, busy fighting to import a ragdoll into Garry's mod, keeps breaking for no f-ing reason. Hate it when a model breaks or doesn't work ingame for no understandable reason.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19182 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »

If you're creating any kind of art solely for recognition, you are doing it wrong.

This thread should be used for critique, preferably constructive (even though critique is very rare here), not inflating your ego.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19183 on: July 17, 2015, 05:20:03 AM »

There's actually a thread that I made for the sole purpose of critiquing, but knowing how KCMM is, it died pretty quickly.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73551.0

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #19184 on: July 18, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »

!!!!

Pages:  1 ... 1276 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 1282 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: