Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1283 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 1289 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4597832 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19275 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:30 PM »

God damn these 503's...
    *Inklings*

Looking good! As Majora said, I'd deepen the color, as they seem a bit unsaturated at the moment. Also, the shine needs to be shinier. Take a look.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19276 on: August 04, 2015, 09:18:43 PM »

checklist - correct all materials, brighten eyes, more color to hair, brighter shine, full ink tank.  that's all done, so how about now?

the original hair texture is black and white, so i was lazy and just dropped the opacity and slapped it on the colors to keep some of the detail, but it drained some of the color, plus the shine seemed to sap more of it away.  i think it looks better now, so thanks for the reminder to fix it.  as for the ink level, i had just left it where it was, but it'd make sense to have it full.

I tried...and failed. Brawl users will have it for their Down Special, however, PM users like myself will be neglected.

couldn't you just add Fluud to Mario's character model?  it may clip a little and wouldn't animate, but it'd at least be there.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #19277 on: August 04, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »

Plan on making them less pale?
    Male Female

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19278 on: August 04, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »

checklist - correct all materials, brighten eyes, more color to hair, brighter shine, full ink tank.  that's all done, so how about now?

the original hair texture is black and white, so i was lazy and just dropped the opacity and slapped it on the colors to keep some of the detail, but it drained some of the color, plus the shine seemed to sap more of it away.  i think it looks better now, so thanks for the reminder to fix it.  as for the ink level, i had just left it where it was, but it'd make sense to have it full.

couldn't you just add Fluud to Mario's character model?  it may clip a little and wouldn't animate, but it'd at least be there.
    I don't use 3dsmax and I tried just using Brawlbox... It was hilarious! As for their hair It looks better, except you can't see the spots very much. Something similar happened when I did the blue for Inkling Mario. You can fix it by putting a b&w copy of your texture over top of your colour. Then make the new b&w layer something like multiply or softlight, hopefully that helps in some way.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19279 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:37 PM »

It's not my model, like I said, it's Rosetta-Hime's. I'm just making the textures and materials for it. As for the clothes, that's an old pic. I wanted them to seem uniform, however, I didn't want you to get them mixed up in battle.
    That is one fresh plumber. Would be neat if you could stylized his hat too.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19280 on: August 05, 2015, 12:47:37 AM »

I appreciate you considering my suggestion, and it does indeed look much better. I would like to also suggest if it's possible to have a pattern texture for the fluid so it looks like it's moving. This would prove to be problematic during jumps, flips, and the like and would probably be more work than it should be, but it would help not make them look static.

Would post a progress pic on optimizing Evil Ryu but I wasted 20 minutes turning tris into quads when it didn't even matter lol. At least it'll help with polydraw, so there's that.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #19281 on: August 05, 2015, 05:15:46 AM »

Made jacket smaller as someone on Smashboards suggested, just have to fix holes and rig it in a way that the shoulders won't clip through.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19282 on: August 05, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »

I appreciate you considering my suggestion, and it does indeed look much better. I would like to also suggest if it's possible to have a pattern texture for the fluid so it looks like it's moving. This would prove to be problematic during jumps, flips, and the like and would probably be more work than it should be, but it would help not make them look static.

Best he could do without editing the FitMarioMotionEtc.pac would be to have the water texture normalized so it revolves around with the camera which he may or may not have already done.
    Also it's amazing how much work I can get done in less than 24 hours (total) when I actually focus.

Got to fix some vertices that got badly rigged somehow, also I did have to optimize him a little bit since Snake uses vis0 and thus required five copies of his mouth & eyelids for his expressions and has a different limit compared to Captain Falcon.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

« Reply #19283 on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »

Made jacket smaller as someone on Smashboards suggested, just have to fix holes and rig it in a way that the shoulders won't clip through.
    And rim lighting! lol you might want to delegate that to someone with experience for expediency's sake

God, he looks so good. Slap a "young" face on him and he's perfect

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19284 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »

skin is less pale as Seg wanted, and i tried my best to make the spots show more, using what Program suggested.  better?

also, them on a different stage, because why not.

and Program, to answer a previous question i forgot about, yes, they work fine on the Wii.  i don't have my Dolphin set up for Brawl mods, so everything i do is on my Wii.  they're actually pretty low poly, only about 17K polys/10K vertices, and that's for everything, both inklings, 4 sets of faces each, 2 sets of hair for each, and the additional edits i've done.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #19285 on: August 05, 2015, 11:10:33 PM »

They're still too pale for Brawl's average, IMO.

Besides, are the feet tips properly rigged? Fox's shoes are just as big, but they don't clip into the floor at all if I remember properly.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #19286 on: August 06, 2015, 12:29:02 AM »

Try to match Mario's skin tone, or make it a tad lighter than his, and I think it'll be fine.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19287 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:01 AM »

skin is less pale as Seg wanted, and i tried my best to make the spots show more, using what Program suggested.  better?

also, them on a different stage, because why not.

and Program, to answer a previous question i forgot about, yes, they work fine on the Wii.  i don't have my Dolphin set up for Brawl mods, so everything i do is on my Wii.  they're actually pretty low poly, only about 17K polys/10K vertices, and that's for everything, both inklings, 4 sets of faces each, 2 sets of hair for each, and the additional edits i've done.
    As for them working on the Wii, awesome! I don't use dolphin because my computer couldn't handle it. The skin still looks a bit pail, but better nontheless. No need to take me up on the offer, however, if you'd like I could adjust the textures for you. No to to collab, I always just put my name out there since textures are all I do.

I had to give Inkling Mario metals yesterday, so I thought to myself "normal metals are boring!"
    At that moment I had an epiphany. Enjoy!

The only downside is temporary of shoe and facial hair spec... No big deal in my opinion.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19288 on: August 06, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »

So I finally started on some polydraw stuff for evil Ryu.

Poly count difference:

Full bust including arms: 2974
    Poly draw with ~half of the bust: 142

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19289 on: August 06, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »

attempt # last before i give up and have someone with more photoshop experience than i do which is probably close to the entirety of this board.

for comparison, the Purple has the original skin texture

and further comparison, Mario.  well, the only close enough to Mario i had on my sd at the moment.

this is what happens when the only included skin texture is a white that lies somewhere between 'sour cream' and 'glow in the dark'.

They're still too pale for Brawl's average, IMO.

Besides, are the feet tips properly rigged? Fox's shoes are just as big, but they don't clip into the floor at all if I remember properly.

they are rigged, it's just the positioning.  i didn't realize they were that low until i already rigged everything.  and their shoes are pretty dang big.  the price of freshness.

I had to give Inkling Mario metals yesterday, so I thought to myself "normal metals are boring!"
    At that moment I had an epiphany. Enjoy!

The only downside is temporary of shoe and facial hair spec... No big deal in my opinion.

that is a great idea.  i may or may not steal that idea for later use...

Pages:  1 ... 1283 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 1289 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: