Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1285 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 1291 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4653046 times)
Paper Mario fan
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #19305 on: August 10, 2015, 08:14:30 AM »

skin is less pale as Seg wanted, and i tried my best to make the spots show more, using what Program suggested.  better?

also, them on a different stage, because why not.

and Program, to answer a previous question i forgot about, yes, they work fine on the Wii.  i don't have my Dolphin set up for Brawl mods, so everything i do is on my Wii.  they're actually pretty low poly, only about 17K polys/10K vertices, and that's for everything, both inklings, 4 sets of faces each, 2 sets of hair for each, and the additional edits i've done.
Can you make a black inkling?  (Black skin / brown skin)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:18:01 AM by Paper Mario fan » Logged

Xaturati0n
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19306 on: August 10, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »

This isnt a texture request, folk.

Formerly known as Nick.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19307 on: August 10, 2015, 06:17:18 PM »

so after a few hours of playing in the splatfest, i became rather unsatisfied with the current hair texture.  so i gave it another go.  i'm very pleased at how it came out this time.  the hair detail can actually be seen without squinting.  i also touched up the skin a tad, a bit darker still, but has a much better color to it.

and for comparison sake, the previous textures.

after basically hogging this thread for the last week or so, you guys will probably be begging me to disappear for another year.

The Skin definitely looks better... So what do we have here! All the members of this forum as my witnesses Snoopy has admitted that he plans to pirate my metal BOOTY!

pirate is such a dirty word.  i prefer 'borrowing'.

Can you make a black inkling?  (Black skin / brown skin)

i'll see what i can do, but no promises.  it would be kind of weird to have a full hair and eye color choice, but no skin tone choice.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19308 on: August 10, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »

so after a few hours of playing in the splatfest, i became rather unsatisfied with the current hair texture.  so i gave it another go.  i'm very pleased at how it came out this time.  the hair detail can actually be seen without squinting.  i also touched up the skin a tad, a bit darker still, but has a much better color to it.

and for comparison sake, the previous textures.

after basically hogging this thread for the last week or so, you guys will probably be begging me to disappear for another year.

pirate is such a dirty word.  i prefer 'borrowing'.
    The Inklings are so close to being perfect! I think the dark colour on the tips of the hair needs to be more of a red/brown instead of a orange/brown. This is definitely a lot more pronounced than before, however, so it's a good improvement.
    I don't want you to leave...it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Borrowing is such a dirty word, I prefer "commandeer".

Question to everyone: Would you mind if I posted a picture of a shader and material I made here? Yes, I know it's not a model, however, everyone here has good opinions and I want to know if everyone thinks it's useful or dumb. If the answer is no that's cool I get the whole if one person gets to do this then why can't everyone scenario.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:21:53 PM by Program » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19309 on: August 10, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »

First day (or hour) of actually rigging Akuma.

I used Skinwrap on the slippers, top thingy, the flap on his front, and his hair. No point in rerigging everything if I can just skin wrap it. Will use tristripper afterwards to get rid of nodes and whatnot.

Almost done. Just need to rig fingers and the mouth. Then he's ready to go.

Will probably drop Akuma's other costumes and then just optimize and rig: Evil Ryu, Ryu, Ken, and Dan.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:45:33 PM by Large Leader » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19310 on: August 10, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »

smash3ds arena ferox + arena ferox texture animations + arena ferox lighting data = 100% 3ds omega stage port @_@

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19311 on: August 10, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »

Since Akuma is pretty much done, I decided to start on another person.

One of my favorite clones of all time

He should be much easier to optimize. Heck, I should be able to shave off a couple of thousand polys (maybe 2k?) and he'd be perfect in the game.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

King Draco
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19312 on: August 11, 2015, 07:22:10 AM »

Since Akuma is pretty much done, I decided to start on another person.

One of my favorite clones of all time

He should be much easier to optimize. Heck, I should be able to shave off a couple of thousand polys (maybe 2k?) and he'd be perfect in the game.

Oh my God, you like Ken? drogoth pls

Also I guess I could post this here:

Working on the model for my revamp of Eternal Yoshi's Gray Fox PSA. Has new hands coming from Snake's model with rigged fingers and a new head coming from the MGSTS model. I plan to add bones to make the helmet animated and move his mouth.

Still gotta work on the textures, fix the normals and add a hurt face (I was working on one but decided to restart it since it wasn't looking that great and I had to make some changes to the normal face anyway).

I didn't grab the body from the MGSTS model since the assist trophy's was better. The poly count is that big because of some hidden objects. Also forgot to check the transparency for the eyelashes.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19313 on: August 11, 2015, 09:00:12 AM »

More progress on Rusty. He's looking pretty nice in my opinion.

So, since no one mentioned me not posting a pick of my new shader/material I'll just post it.
    As anyone who has done specs knows you get one spec per object... Well you used to.
    My shader/masterial allow you to have two completely different specs on a single object.
    That means 2 unique spec textures and 2 unique highlight textures for a single object. Do you think this could be useful?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19314 on: August 11, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »

More progress on Rusty. He's looking pretty nice in my opinion.

So, since no one mentioned me not posting a pick of my new shader/material I'll just post it.
    As anyone who has done specs knows you get one spec per object... Well you used to.
    My shader/masterial allow you to have two completely different specs on a single object.
    That means 2 unique spec textures and 2 unique highlight textures for a single object. Do you think this could be useful?

For metallic objects, I see this will be massively useful if people use it correctly.

The main reason for that being the purpose of specular lighting textures in Brawl is to give a kind of detail enhancement. Falcon being the perfect example of this. Metallic characters like Samus and ROB benefit, as you can now put a diffusion style or "noisy" specular underneath the chrome shine, like what Samus has.

I can see this being used for stuff like panel-lines, grooves, and giving specularity to other things like Link's gauntlets.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19315 on: August 12, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »

Any better now? I'm not sure if should I make the darker parts even darker or make the lighter parts lighter, I guess the second option is the correct since it shouldnt become brown instead of yellow/golden lol

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19316 on: August 12, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »

Yeah, I'd say make the lighter parts lighter as well. He looks good so far though Smiley

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19317 on: August 12, 2015, 09:44:48 PM »

Spent today studying and working on some stuff. One of those things was Tposing Ken

No matter how I rotate his legs, they always end up looking weird as hell.
    The poly count is his polycount in tris. In Quads, he's at around 5k-6k or something. I can definitely import him now and use tristripper.

Still haven't done finger stuff for Akuma, so that stuff is going to happen sooner or later lol. I'll probably go back and reduce some polys for Evil Ryu instead of polydraw. Realized I screwed up the topology pretty bad, so I'm probably just going to remove loops and rearrange them.

Only have Ryu left. Should be able to get his file relatively easily, assuming it doesn't crash when it's converting the model to smd.

O snap

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19318 on: August 15, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »

Update to Ken
    Set up the skin modifier, it's pretty much ready for rigging.
    Except for one problem.

I tried attaching all of the face objects together, applying a smoothing group, and then fixing normals, but that didn't do anything. Really the only reason I haven't started rigging yet, sans laziness.

O snap

BBreon
    Hyper Kitten

[Area unknow.]

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master Pin Collector Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19319 on: August 15, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »

To celebrate the incoming movie:

Still have to figure out how to make his expressions work with Ganondorf's SHP0.
    And opening his mouth will be a pain, I should have opened it while it was still rigged to his Jaw bone...

Pages:  1 ... 1285 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 1291 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: