Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4653283 times)
Mareeo 64
Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19605 on: January 28, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »

If he's freezing on the CSS then it's a problem with file size. Make sure texture dimensions aren't 2048x2048 or something ridiculous. Also, compressing to CMPR might help, but you'll lose details (and I believe alpha transparencies too, although I'm not sure about that).

File size, texture size, materials, or even shaders. Judging by when it froze it may just be the file size. Compare it to the original character's .pac and/or .pcs

Ok, so i lost some texture size/detail and got the pac and pcs filesize under Captain's original size. Now i shall test it once more

Post Merge: January 28, 2016, 08:16:23 AM
    aaaaaaaaand failure
    lots of texture misplacement. I'm gonna try using the original Xenoverse textures also, but in the meantime I would like to at least try fixing this somehow. Also, in game, the textures appeared a LOT darker than these screenshots are showing. Plus, the parts of the character facing the screen were dark, while the parts you can't even see were brighter Mario Facepalm

EDIT: Ok, so i just read through one of Pikazz's tutorials on how to fix this, so it shouldn't be a problem afterwards.
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:48:23 AM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Active Contributor Featured

« Reply #19606 on: January 28, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »

aaaaaaaaand failure
    lots of texture misplacement. I'm gonna try using the original Xenoverse textures also, but in the meantime I would like to at least try fixing this somehow. Also, in game, the textures appeared a LOT darker than these screenshots are showing. Plus, the parts of the character facing the screen were dark, while the parts you can't even see were brighter Mario Facepalm

His face makes him look like he got hit in the .
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:32:18 PM by Sir Kirby the 4th » Logged

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19607 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:00 AM »

So it's been like a few months or so since I last posted any pics of anything I'm working on, so here's a preview of an update that I'm working on. I will be releasing a video teaser for this later today (past 3 am for me):

Yes, I'm updating SM64 Mario Bros again, why? Because I've learned a lot from my 3D Modeling class and BB's new Draw Priority & Regenerate Bone Array features allow me to make the SM64 models even better!
    • Now has 100% accurate normals/smoothing (had to get creative with the custom hands though), that's including the errors in the original model (because accuracy).
    • Eyes, Sideburns, Mustache, Buttons and Cap Logo polygons are now a lot closer to the head and upper body since we can now control what part of a model is rendered infront and behind one another.
    • Improved the polygon color textures to replicate the SM64 shading more accurately.
    • Edited the UV Mapping to allow me to flip the textures to be right-side up so it's easier on people when replacing textures.
    • This update is WIFI-SAFE, except for Luigi's Size Mod which will be an optional version as apposed to before where you didn't have a choice to not have the Size Mod.
    • These guys will have Project M 3.6 versions. Cheesy
    Some comparison pics to help you see the improvements, Left is v2.1, Right is v3:

Also I wasn't lazy this time around:

Yes I've made a SM64-styled Fludd for those who want to play with the original Brawl Mario moveset, textures are edited copies of the original Super Mario Sunshine texture, which was an all-in-one texture. I split it into pieces to match the SM64 style of texture mapping.
    While most of the model was made from scratch, I did use some parts of Brawl Fludd (edited of course) as they were already low-poly enough to fit with the rest of the model.
    So what do you guys think? AWESOME 2.0!

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19608 on: January 29, 2016, 09:37:52 PM »

I like the N64 FLUDD! The textures on it look a bit too smooth, though. Maybe try sharpening the edges and reducing the number of colors used for the texture? That could help give it that authentic N64 look.

Also, I never noticed before that Mario really does have a blocky right leg in Super Mario 64. Now I can't unsee it...

Click for my stuff:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19609 on: January 30, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »

The textures on it look a bit too smooth, though. Maybe try sharpening the edges and reducing the number of colors used for the texture? That could help give it that authentic N64 look.

Well the colors wasn't really limited in SM64, it's really just the quality of the textures, which isn't bad either. I guess I could try to make it less blurred but I didn't want to use Un-Edited Sunshine textures which are in kind of bad quality:

I'll see what I can do.
    Video previews are fine right? Didn't see anything against it or about it on the Original Post, but I'm going to have the link in a spoiler just in case:
    ! No longer available

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19610 on: January 30, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »

Well the colors wasn't really limited in SM64, it's really just the quality of the textures, which isn't bad either. I guess I could try to make it less blurred but I didn't want to use Un-Edited Sunshine textures which are in kind of bad quality:

I'll see what I can do.

Ah, I see. I forgot how horribly compressed the textures were. In that case, maybe increasing the contrast on the metal parts will help. Chain Chomp and Pokey come to mind as good examples of the level of contrast used by SM64.

Click for my stuff:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19611 on: January 30, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »

Ah, I see. I forgot how horribly compressed the textures were. In that case, maybe increasing the contrast on the metal parts will help. Chain Chomp and Pokey come to mind as good examples of the level of contrast used by SM64.

Thanks, I'll look at them and other textures for reference, should've done that in the beginning to be honest. lol

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19612 on: February 01, 2016, 08:46:36 AM »

Getting better!
    As you can see, I've re-done the textures. Hopefully they are up to par Tongue

Only problem now is that the lighting is on the wrong side of Cell (he's brighter on the side you can't see), and that i don't remember how to add shine in brawlbox (and Nano's tutorial videos have been removed)
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:48:55 AM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19613 on: February 01, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »

What version of BrawlBox are you using to import him? Have you edited the shaders and materials at all?
    He looks great so far. Smiley

DastardlyRidleylash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19614 on: February 01, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »

Currently working on making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M; me and Ridley have finished importing rigging the model, but now I need to decide who he'll go over, if anybody (since BEX is compatible with PM now).

Here's the CSS render I have;

And I even have a preliminary Kirby hat set for the mod (though I still need to figure out how to make that sort of thing work, because this is my first time making a mod from scratch);

The hat's not rigged at all in that image, though; it's basically just Tyrantrum's model with most everything left invisible but the parts I wanted to use on Kirby and stretched around to look like a concise hat. All of the cosmetics are done, though.

I can't use Pit or Tink as bases, since those are used by Ridley's K.Rool and Ridley mods. I'm thinking about maybe using Yoshi as a base, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to place Tyrantrum over?

Post Merge: February 01, 2016, 03:26:20 PM
    Currently working on making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M; me and Ridley have finished importing rigging the model, but now I need to decide who he'll go over, if anybody (since BEX is compatible with PM now).

Here's the CSS render I have;

And I even have a preliminary Kirby hat set for the mod (though I still need to figure out how to make that sort of thing work, because this is my first time making a mod from scratch);

The hat's not rigged at all in that image, though; it's basically just Tyrantrum's model with most everything left invisible but the parts I wanted to use on Kirby and stretched around to look like a concise hat. All of the cosmetics are done, though.

I can't use Pit or Tink as bases, since those are used by Ridley's K.Rool and Ridley mods. I'm thinking about maybe using Yoshi as a base, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to place Tyrantrum over?

EDIT: Doh, didn't mean to DP. :p That's my bad.
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:28:09 PM by DastardlyRidleylash » Logged

Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19615 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:59 PM »

What version of BrawlBox are you using to import him? Have you edited the shaders and materials at all?
    The latest version. 0.71 I think. I've only changed hastexturematrix0 to true on the shader that was already there after I imported Cell. I haven't imported any other materials or shaders yet since I don't know how to add effects like shine or cell shading.
    And thanks!

Post Merge: February 01, 2016, 03:50:44 PM
    The latest version. 0.71 I think. I've only changed hastexturematrix0 to true on the shader that was already there after I imported Cell. I haven't imported any other materials or shaders yet since I don't know how to add effects like shine or cell shading.
    And thanks!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19616 on: February 01, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »

And thanks!
    It's not the latest anymore, try 0.76b

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #19617 on: February 01, 2016, 09:30:57 PM »

-snip-

hawt.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19618 on: February 01, 2016, 09:34:06 PM »

I will rise again!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19619 on: February 01, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »

I will rise again!

No you won't, get outta here

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Pages:  1 ... 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: