Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4600299 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19800 on: March 01, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »

Hey there, Cell. Looking fab

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19801 on: March 01, 2016, 07:04:50 PM »

Will he have facial expressions? Also that is the xenoverse model right?
    Yup, it's the Xenoverse model Smiley right now I only have his mouth rigged. I'm not sure if I can give captain falcon expressions (I'm guessing I can based on your question lol), but if I can, I would love to give him expressions. Also, can I give him an eye_yellow? I noticed that captain doesn't have an eye_yellow bone, so I don't know if I can.

Also, some extra info about this 2nd Cell attempt would be that I remade the black head dome and his sucker under his wings from scratch after optimizing since I had so much extra room to do so. Also, I reimported his face and hands to keep them a bit higher poly than the rest of the optimization so they'd look/work better with the rig (and this will help me give better expressions I think too). I'm not going to edit his textures too much simply because I honestly just like the simplicity of them as is.

I'm thinking of doing a cel shaded version to fit the Xenoverse style also (hopefully I can get the cel shading materials/shaders to not crash brawlbox. The first time I experimented with it was in 0.76b, but now that I also have 0.68d, I can probably get that to work).
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:11:48 PM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19802 on: March 01, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »

Looks okay, yes? Skin wrap is my best friend now; cut soo much time off of rigging.

Noice!

CaliKingz01
    Supreme Kitten

Ultimate is out But I'm Not Giving up on BRAWL!!!

• Awards Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19803 on: March 02, 2016, 02:08:10 PM »

I think you can give any character Final Smash eyes But you will need to code that in his moveset

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19804 on: March 02, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »

Yup, it's the Xenoverse model Smiley right now I only have his mouth rigged. I'm not sure if I can give captain falcon expressions (I'm guessing I can based on your question lol), but if I can, I would love to give him expressions. Also, can I give him an eye_yellow? I noticed that captain doesn't have an eye_yellow bone, so I don't know if I can.
    Without the EyeYellowM bone it's almost impossible to give Captain Falcon FS Eyes, it might be possible but it require an insane amount of work unless we gain the ability to add the EyeYellowM bone to characters who don't have it. Don't know that much about adding FS Eyesso maybe it's easier than I'm thinking of, idk.
    Captain Falcon is a tricky guy to give expressions as he uses shp0 (Vertex Morphing) and with his eyes bring covered, not much you can do without adding completely new ones that require a FitCaptainFalconMotionEtc.pac which would also ruin any other Captain Falcon model unless done correctly and is just a ton of work and not really needed unless a PSA is in mind for Cell.
    You can give him a hurt expression and a "blink" one. The so called blink expression is rarely used and always uses the hurt one with it so it might not work out depending on how you want Cell's hurt face to look like.
    I've been meaning to make tutorials on things like editing shp0 (Vertex Morphin) and other animation files that aren't pat0 (Texture Pattern) or srt0 (Texture Movement), as well as explaining how to give imports over characters like Link and Captain Falcon expressions since they use shp0.
    For now I say just get Cell himself working and rigged as best as you can, then as a last addition you can worry about expressions, which I'm going to assume you don't know how to add expressions to characters who use shp0 so I can help you with that later.
    He looks great so far by the way. Smiley

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19805 on: March 02, 2016, 03:06:53 PM »

I think you can give any character Final Smash eyes But you will need to code that in his moveset
    Without the EyeYellowM bone it's almost impossible to give Captain Falcon FS Eyes, it might be possible but it require an insane amount of work unless we gain the ability to add the EyeYellowM bone to characters who don't have it. Don't know that much about adding FS Eyesso maybe it's easier than I'm thinking of, idk.
    Captain Falcon is a tricky guy to give expressions as he uses shp0 (Vertex Morphing) and with his eyes bring covered, not much you can do without adding completely new ones that require a FitCaptainFalconMotionEtc.pac which would also ruin any other Captain Falcon model unless done correctly and is just a ton of work and not really needed unless a PSA is in mind for Cell.
    You can give him a hurt expression and a "blink" one. The so called blink expression is rarely used and always uses the hurt one with it so it might not work out depending on how you want Cell's hurt face to look like.
    I've been meaning to make tutorials on things like editing shp0 (Vertex Morphin) and other animation files that aren't pat0 (Texture Pattern) or srt0 (Texture Movement), as well as explaining how to give imports over characters like Link and Captain Falcon expressions since they use shp0.
    For now I say just get Cell himself working and rigged as best as you can, then as a last addition you can worry about expressions, which I'm going to assume you don't know how to add expressions to characters who use shp0 so I can help you with that later.
    He looks great so far by the way. Smiley
    Alright, well no sense in losing my mind over FS eyes lol as for the expressions, there's a vertex morph tutorial I read that gave me a pretty good idea. Except I would need to make the teeth, mouth, face, and head all one object (Which I could do). I could use your help with it anyway though. I do have a hurt face ready to go already since I wanted to try out the whole vertex morph idea.

Oh right, the only thing is: I have a seperate eye texture for the hurt expression, but now I'm not so sure I can use it
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:15:26 PM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19806 on: March 02, 2016, 08:28:53 PM »

Skin wrap is my best friend now; cut soo much time off of rigging.

Skin wrap makes nodecount really high. Just watch out for it.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19807 on: March 02, 2016, 09:10:18 PM »

Skin wrap makes nodecount really high. Just watch out for it.
    Yeah, it's making his node count in the 500s. At this point I'm starting to care less, seeing as the node count on the old version was much higher than this version and even that had no lag until putting 4 of him onscreen.

Also, this vertex morphing thing isn't working. at all. It randomly snaps the models off to the side instead of where they're supposed to be placed. So the objects with the morpher modifier are just floating off to the side; not even connected to the rest of the body.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19808 on: March 03, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »

Also, this vertex morphing thing isn't working. at all. It randomly snaps the models off to the side instead of where they're supposed to be placed. So the objects with the morpher modifier are just floating off to the side; not even connected to the rest of the body.
    But the face looks normal right? Just off to the side? It might be something to do with the order of your modifies.
    One important thing I forgot to mention is that you need all of the VertexNodes for it to work, even if you don't want a face to change in an expression (like say don't do anything for Captain Falcon's blink expression since it's not used like a normal blink expression) duplicate the main VertexNode and rename it. If you don't have all of the vertex sets, or if a VertexNode has a different number of vertices, that polygon will explode ingame, believe it causes an error in BB when viewing an animation that uses that VertexNode, and might crash in game. Don't remember but I know for a fact that it'll explode if it doesn't crash the game. That's also why I said it'd be more effort to add expressions for Cell as the other Captain Falcon models would have their faces explode from trying to load a VertexNode they don't have.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19809 on: March 03, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »

But the face looks normal right? Just off to the side? It might be something to do with the order of your modifies.
    One important thing I forgot to mention is that you need all of the VertexNodes for it to work, even if you don't want a face to change in an expression (like say don't do anything for Captain Falcon's blink expression since it's not used like a normal blink expression) duplicate the main VertexNode and rename it. If you don't have all of the vertex sets, or if a VertexNode has a different number of vertices, that polygon will explode ingame, believe it causes an error in BB when viewing an animation that uses that VertexNode, and might crash in game. Don't remember but I know for a fact that it'll explode if it doesn't crash the game. That's also why I said it'd be more effort to add expressions for Cell as the other Captain Falcon models would have their faces explode from trying to load a VertexNode they don't have.
    Alright, well I might as well 86 the expressions XP His mouth opens, so that's good enough for me. Also, I've decided to go with the original textures with minimal editing for him. I've combined a good amount of them, but I can't seem to get any kind of shading to look good. It always comes out pixelated and has color banding. It just didn't look good. And if i do give him cel shading, i think i would be satisfied with it. It looks cool in Xenoverse, and although that game uses much different shaders and materials, I'm hoping it has a similar feel in Brawl

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19810 on: March 03, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »

Alright, well I might as well 86 the expressions XP His mouth opens, so that's good enough for me. Also, I've decided to go with the original textures with minimal editing for him. I've combined a good amount of them, but I can't seem to get any kind of shading to look good. It always comes out pixelated and has color banding. It just didn't look good. And if i do give him cel shading, i think i would be satisfied with it. It looks cool in Xenoverse, and although that game uses much different shaders and materials, I'm hoping it has a similar feel in Brawl
    Is the shading smooth in the textures itself. If it's smooth in the textures but pixelated on the models then I think I know what's wrong.
    Look at the texture reference in the material, does it have MinFilter and MagFilter set to Nearest instead of Linear? If it's set to Nearest then there's your problem as that makes the texture sharply-pixelated regardless of it's size. It's pretty helpful if you want to make a Minecraft import as it will allow you to use the original texture and not have it blurry. lol

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19811 on: March 03, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »

Is the shading smooth in the textures itself. If it's smooth in the textures but pixelated on the models then I think I know what's wrong.
    Look at the texture reference in the material, does it have MinFilter and MagFilter set to Nearest instead of Linear? If it's set to Nearest then there's your problem as that makes the texture sharply-pixelated regardless of it's size. It's pretty helpful if you want to make a Minecraft import as it will allow you to use the original texture and not have it blurry. lol
    Nah, they're all set to linear. I think the problem lies in my amateur photoshop skills lol

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19812 on: March 03, 2016, 05:13:03 PM »

Okay then, as for the Cell-Shading it's a tricky decision as there's  kind of a split opinion on Cell-Shaded DBZ Imports vs Brawl/Detailed DBZ Imports. Personally I prefer the detailed imports, but there are cell-shaded imports that just look pretty good, out of place compared to Brawl but look good by itself.
    By cell-shaded do you mean solid color textures with outlines, or do you mean having a Wind Waker style of shading where it's solid colors but there is a "shine" effect that has kind of drastic shading?

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #19813 on: March 03, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »

Okay then, as for the Cell-Shading it's a tricky decision as there's  kind of a split opinion on Cell-Shaded DBZ Imports vs Brawl/Detailed DBZ Imports. Personally I prefer the detailed imports, but there are cell-shaded imports that just look pretty good, out of place compared to Brawl but look good by itself.
    By cell-shaded do you mean solid color textures with outlines, or do you mean having a Wind Waker style of shading where it's solid colors but there is a "shine" effect that has kind of drastic shading?
    Well at the moment i only have the resources for the wind waker style shading. I mean nothing's set in stone yet, so i may very well abandon the idea if i don't like it

EDIT: okay, so cel shading is 86'd now also. the material crashes brawlbox. in the meantime, i shall try to make the textures better
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:21:39 PM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #19814 on: March 08, 2016, 01:25:27 PM »

This is what happens when I get bored.

New feature for Gray Fox.

Pages:  1 ... 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: