Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1320 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 1326 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4599546 times)
BraveDragonWolf
Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19830 on: March 20, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »

Is the rig going to be customized to fit the PM Ridley bones or is it 1-1 the original Smash 4 rig?

Either works, but it'd be neat for this model to be compatible with the current Project M Ridley.

EDIT: I'm a derp, just looked through the thread. :p Yeah, as long as you fix the rig, it'll be bueno.

It's gonna be compatible for both VBrawl and Project M, with a custom animations file.

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #19831 on: March 20, 2016, 02:33:29 PM »

Here is my WIP. I'm trying to rig Pokémon Trainer's Clothes over Sonic but the rig doesn't look good. Is there anything I need to fix?

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19832 on: March 20, 2016, 07:17:33 PM »

Here is my WIP. I'm trying to rig Pokémon Trainer's Clothes over Sonic but the rig doesn't look good. Is there anything I need to fix?

Iirc Sonic has no shoulder bones. On his shoulders, it's best to rig those vertex points as 75% LArm/RArm and 25% Bust. Make sure the sides of his shirt is rigged to "Bust" as well. Looks fine from the preview. Aim for more poses and then you'll be better assisted. Also, this should be in the "Model Help" section.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #19833 on: March 21, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »

SSB4 RIDLEY UPDATE:

Ok, nearly done. I just need to do the necessary bone translation edits on his hands and fingers. I will release this version once I'm done. The next version may need some optimizing, I might give Ridley to someone who could do it for me, while I deal with the bone placing process when imported back into Brawlbox.
    (I'm not good with optimizing...)

This is a place to post WIP images, not texts post for updates. Keep that in your personal thread.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19834 on: March 21, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19835 on: March 22, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »

-snip-

I like this. Not even sure what it is yet, but it is looking smooth.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19836 on: March 22, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »

Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #19837 on: March 22, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »

Ok, so, I just downloaded the new Autodesk 3DS Max 2016 version and I just might be a little worried about my work. I had only 16 days left on my 2013 license and I couldn't re-activate.

So Ridley isn't quite finished yet. I have to get rid of those overlapping vertices
    so that the model will look a little smoother, and the rig won't be such torture.

Rig is finished...just need to get rid of dem vertices...and do the bone placing in Brawlbox, and may have a little trouble with the tail attack animations.

Only a W.I.P

Max preview

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19838 on: March 22, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »

Why not just rig it over the skeleton Bagan's Ridley uses? That would save you a lot of time and trouble.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19839 on: March 22, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »

What Velen said. And thanks.

Took forever for the belt and apron..

DastardlyRidleylash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19840 on: March 22, 2016, 03:14:58 PM »

Ok, so, I just downloaded the new Autodesk 3DS Max 2016 version and I just might be a little worried about my work. I had only 16 days left on my 2013 license and I couldn't re-activate.

So Ridley isn't quite finished yet. I have to get rid of those overlapping vertices
    so that the model will look a little smoother, and the rig won't be such torture.

Rig is finished...just need to get rid of dem vertices...and do the bone placing in Brawlbox, and may have a little trouble with the tail attack animations.

You may want to shrink the wings a bit, too; they're clipping into the ground at the moment, which will probably look pretty ugly in-game.

Why not just rig it over the skeleton Bagan's Ridley uses? That would save you a lot of time and trouble.

Well, and that, too. The only advantage the Smash 4 rig has over ours is that it has toe bones for each toe, where ours doesn't. Plus it'll fix all the rather borked parts of the animations, like the fingers and feet.

I admire that you're going for a custom moveset, but I would definitely suggest rigging it to the boneset we have, simply for convininence (and so that the models are interchangeable with the movesets; so that if someone likes your moveset, but our model, they can have both those, but if someone likes the Smash4 model and our moveset, they can also have both of those, too).

Post Merge: March 22, 2016, 03:16:10 PM

You may want to shrink the wings a bit, too; they're clipping into the ground at the moment, which will probably look pretty ugly in-game.

Well, and that, too. The only advantage the Smash 4 rig has over ours is that it has toe bones for each toe, where ours doesn't. Plus it'll fix all the rather borked parts of the animations, like the fingers and feet.

I admire that you're going for a custom moveset, but I would definitely suggest rigging it to the boneset we have, simply for convininence (and so that the models are interchangeable with the movesets; so that if someone likes your moveset, but our model, they can have both those, but if someone likes the Smash4 model and our moveset, they can also have both of those, too).
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:25:31 PM by DastardlyRidleylash » Logged

Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #19841 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:27 PM »

Well, I got some bad news. After I got through getting rid of the overlapping vertices,
    I'm unable to export this model. I'm guessing I couldn't do this when I downloaded 3DS max 2016 which was before I got rid of the verts. So, I can't finish anything without 3DS max 2013...which I can't download again. This project is screwed...

DastardlyRidleylash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19842 on: March 22, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »

Well, I got some bad news. After I got through getting rid of the overlapping vertices,
    I'm unable to export this model. I'm guessing I couldn't do this when I downloaded 3DS max 2016 which was before I got rid of the verts. So, I can't finish anything without 3DS max 2013...which I can't download again. This project is screwed...

If you want, I could always try and see if the PM Ridley team could manage to salvage the project.

Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #19843 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »

Rig is finished...

But the fingers....

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #19844 on: March 23, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

But the fingers....

looks normal to me. ridley was never a handy character to have around. gotta hand it to him though. the rest of the rig is good.

i cant think of any other hand puns

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 ... 1320 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 1326 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: