Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1321 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 1327 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4597897 times)
BraveDragonWolf
Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19845 on: March 23, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »

But the fingers....

I said "Rig is finished" yes...But it's still a work in progress.

Post Merge: March 23, 2016, 02:33:26 PM
    If you want, I could always try and see if the PM Ridley team could manage to salvage the project.

The way I rigged this model is perfect. I don't know if they will have to start from scratch on rigging and they might rig it carelessly...OR, I could give them my 3DS max scene because, once this model has been imported to brawlbox, it cannot be exported and imported back into 3DS Max, because I'd have already placed the finger and hand bones in the correct spots, once imported into 3DS, you may see some issues with his fingers. They'll need my 3DS scene where the bones are untouched.

And also, I'll be trying to get 3DS Max 2013 back, I think I'm on a good path to get ridley into Smash.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:33:27 PM by BraveDragonWolf » Logged

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19846 on: March 23, 2016, 03:50:37 PM »

You say perfect, but the fingers and toes look odd to me.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19847 on: March 23, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »

how can the rig be finishied and a WIP at the same time?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #19848 on: March 23, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »

how can the rig be finishied and a WIP at the same time?
    schrodinger's ridley

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #19849 on: March 23, 2016, 09:14:58 PM »

Clearly I said rig is finished. But still, there are things to be done with the custom animation file, people.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
    I'm just gonna say this, since Project M Ridley has that range, but his tail is shorter than sm4sh Ridley's tail. Now Sm4sh Ridley has a longer tail and it matches Project M Ridley's side smash range.
    This Ridley's tail bone translations isn't animated....(yet) So I think it's 100% fair that his tail doesn't need anymore shrinking for his tail attacks.

But, his wait animation or maybe some other ones as well, may need some fixing because of his long tail. It doesn't look right the way I needed to shrink anyway.
    Also, I'm gonna figure out the size his wings may need...
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:04:39 AM by BraveDragonWolf » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #19850 on: March 24, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

Clearly I said rig is finished. But still, there are things to be done with the custom animation file, people.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
    I'm just gonna say this, since Project M Ridley has that range, but his tail is shorter than sm4sh Ridley's tail. Now Sm4sh Ridley has a longer tail and it matches Project M Ridley's side smash range.
    This Ridley's tail bone translations isn't animated....(yet) So I think it's 100% fair that his tail doesn't need anymore shrinking for his tail attacks.

But, his wait animation or maybe some other ones as well, may need some fixing because of his long tail. It doesn't look right the way I needed to shrink anyway.
    Also, I'm gonna figure out the size his wings may need...

I'm confused, is this rigged over the Bagan Ridley model? Or does it use the original bones?

DastardlyRidleylash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19851 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »

I'm confused, is this rigged over the Bagan Ridley model? Or does it use the original bones?

I think he said that it's using the original bones, but I'm not sure if that's happening anymore.

I'd suggested using the mod's bones simply for compatiblity, but it's his mod, so I'm just making suggestions. :p

Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19852 on: March 24, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »

I agree with using the PM Ridley bones, especially for ease of swapping out the models like DastardlyRidleylash said.
    Also I can sympathize with how people were overlooking the part where you said you had to edit the animations and might've gotten a little annoyed. I can sympathize almost too much to be honest.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 06:50:26 PM
    I have discovered the next step for model imports:
    Vertex Coloring!!!!!
    (Please ignore the mess of the model, was testing to see if it truly worked ingame)

I made his torso use the glove texture as for those who don't know, vertex color mixes with the textures, so if I had kept it with the overall texture it would be mostly black.

So I needed a water-like texture for a custom model I'm making and thought about using the water from Delfino. While looking at the model I realized that the sand that was underwater had vertex coloring to make it blue & green which I have always believed to not be available in Brawl (though as my friend pointed out when I told him about this, it'd make sense since other GCN & Wii games use it) and decided to look for where the vertex color data is stored which is in the color nodes.
    Since BrawlBox v0.71, models can be imported with separate color nodes or with one "master" color node which is what the older versions did. While this doesn't actually matter since you NEED to change a setting in the materials in order for the vertex coloring to be used, being able to have separate color nodes just makes it cleaner to look at and edit in BB.

To give vertex coloring to a model, all you have to do is add a VertexPaint modifier in 3ds Max. Don't need to change any settings when exporting the model or anything like that. Awesome Face

First thing I'm going to do with this is make an alternate version of my SM64 v2/v3 imports to use this for the sake of showing off that it's possible and import SM64 Rainbow Bowser, from then on I'll use this whenever I need to like say if I need to import a GoldenEye 007 level or something (as most of the models use vertex coloring to save space, like 75% of the textures are black & white), I will make a v2 of the Brawl Rainbow Bowser I made a while back as that was a remapped Bowser to not mirror the colors I gave him.

I foresee this spawning many creative hacks, so you're welcome. Wink
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:50:27 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #19853 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »

I think he said that it's using the original bones, but I'm not sure if that's happening anymore.

I'd suggested using the mod's bones simply for compatiblity, but it's his mod, so I'm just making suggestions. :p

It's gonna be using PM Ridley's bones.

DastardlyRidleylash
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19854 on: March 24, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »

It's gonna be using PM Ridley's bones.

Sweet; looks like we won't need to edit anything after all, then. And since we're on the topic...how are you going to handle cosmetics like CSP's and BP's?

Are you going to pose it like the unused icon in the game's data?

Or are you going to use the trophy pose?

Or are you making an entirely original render for the CSP's, BP's and whatnot?

Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #19855 on: March 24, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »

-snippers-

Well, that's informative. I knew it was possible, but never really had a reason to attempt. Now I know the proper procedure. Thanks.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #19856 on: March 25, 2016, 12:46:07 PM »

Sweet; looks like we won't need to edit anything after all, then. And since we're on the topic...how are you going to handle cosmetics like CSP's and BP's?

Are you going to pose it like the unused icon in the game's data?

Or are you going to use the trophy pose?

Or are you making an entirely original render for the CSP's, BP's and whatnot?

Well, I was wondering if the PM Ridley team could edit a few animations for Sm4sh Ridley's long tail. I already got the wing size figured out.
    I'm already working on recolors for the model...The CSP's...I can recolor the trophy image, I've made a render with PM Ridley in the trophy pose for my VBrawl compatibility hack. I'd rather use the actual image...I've been through worse in my past portrait recoloring experiences. I can handle it.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:47:06 PM by BraveDragonWolf » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #19857 on: March 25, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »

I agree with using the PM Ridley bones, especially for ease of swapping out the models like DastardlyRidleylash said.
    Also I can sympathize with how people were overlooking the part where you said you had to edit the animations and might've gotten a little annoyed. I can sympathize almost too much to be honest.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 06:50:26 PM
    I have discovered the next step for model imports:
    Vertex Coloring!!!!!
    (Please ignore the mess of the model, was testing to see if it truly worked ingame)

I made his torso use the glove texture as for those who don't know, vertex color mixes with the textures, so if I had kept it with the overall texture it would be mostly black.

So I needed a water-like texture for a custom model I'm making and thought about using the water from Delfino. While looking at the model I realized that the sand that was underwater had vertex coloring to make it blue & green which I have always believed to not be available in Brawl (though as my friend pointed out when I told him about this, it'd make sense since other GCN & Wii games use it) and decided to look for where the vertex color data is stored which is in the color nodes.
    Since BrawlBox v0.71, models can be imported with separate color nodes or with one "master" color node which is what the older versions did. While this doesn't actually matter since you NEED to change a setting in the materials in order for the vertex coloring to be used, being able to have separate color nodes just makes it cleaner to look at and edit in BB.

To give vertex coloring to a model, all you have to do is add a VertexPaint modifier in 3ds Max. Don't need to change any settings when exporting the model or anything like that. Awesome Face

First thing I'm going to do with this is make an alternate version of my SM64 v2/v3 imports to use this for the sake of showing off that it's possible and import SM64 Rainbow Bowser, from then on I'll use this whenever I need to like say if I need to import a GoldenEye 007 level or something (as most of the models use vertex coloring to save space, like 75% of the textures are black & white), I will make a v2 of the Brawl Rainbow Bowser I made a while back as that was a remapped Bowser to not mirror the colors I gave him.

I foresee this spawning many creative hacks, so you're welcome. Wink

You can also paint Vertex Alpha to make something transparent. I did it for my WiiU Mega Charizard

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #19858 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »

Really? How useful is that because wouldn't that be only effective on high quality models or am I just not thinking of how that would be useful. Still that's awesome.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #19859 on: March 25, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »

Really? How useful is that because wouldn't that be only effective on high quality models or am I just not thinking of how that would be useful. Still that's awesome.
    Yeah it would only be good on higher poly models, but you can use a soft brush to make a gradual fade from opaque to transparent.

Pages:  1 ... 1321 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 1327 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: