Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The A.C.S. Tales of Project  (Read 12685 times)
thanyou
Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: November 13, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »

So this is my first real project, since the Independent Pokemon project thread died of unknown causes..... Stupid server change, deleted my thread DX

Alright, time for some BG info; A.C.S. is an indie sprite fighter where you get to play as your favorite "Tales of" characters, including a few that you probably hadn't seen before =D

This all started because a while back I saw AngleGlory make a texture of Leon from the Tales of Destiny series, and it made me think of A.C.S. and how awesome it'd be if he was in that game, so I figured I'd  create him and perhaps a few other characters, assuming there's a fitting base character to work off of. And I may enlist the help of a couple of other skilled PSA'ers, it depends on how popular this project gets and if there're other characters beside Lion that'd work in Brawl.

==The Characters So Far==
• Lion
......B Moves
............GNB ~ Demon Fang - The Tales of Series trademark move, why would I leave this out?
............AUB ~ Zan Fang twin (Direct Translation) - He slashes the enemy twice and then flies into the air (Nair to D. Slash)
............GUB ~ Zan Fang twin [Grounded] - 1st 2 attacks are different, but still ends with D. Slash
............A/G DB ~ Probably gonna be the same unless someone has a better idea
............SB ~ Majin dark (Direct translation) - He charges for a split second and then stabs forward with a flurry of dark slashes following
......Aerials
............Fair ~ Crescent Slash -  He slashes the air upwards, can be chained twice.
............Bair ~ I've got lots of Ideas, but I'll put the best of each: Funny ~ Pow Pow Hammer - Spawns a Pow Pow Hammer in his hand and smacks the foe behind him with it, and if you press the A button a little while after the initial hit he throws his hammer at the enemy and it disappears a moment later. Srs ~ Quickie - Quickly slices his sword backwards knocking the enemy back using the weight of the blade.
............Dair ~ *Will be filled in later because its huge and I've got to go soon*
............Uair ~ No ideas, Might keep it the same because its already a fitting attack
............Nair ~ I was gonna steal Zero's Nair because its a fitting attack, but that's evil and I want to make something a little more original, any ideas?

Oh and for those of you who haven't even heard of A.C.S. or any of the other Tales of fan games, here's a video showing a lot of Lion's moves

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBE-Z-JiwU8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBE-Z-JiwU8</a>

And this is a guide for those who don't have A.C.S. and want it:
1st: Go here; and then click on "Game" at the top (You may need to translate the page if japanese isn't your strong suit) http://be4you.jp/acs/
2nd: From there go to where it says: ?A.C.S.??? (download)
3rd: Proceed to download all the files that are shown below version 4.500 INCLUDING THE PATCH!!!!
4th: After downloading the files (Which may take a LONG time) place the .exe file named acs.exe in a folder on your computer and execute it.
5th: After the extracter's finished extracting the folder ACS, open it and dump the other files (.exe's) into it.
6th: Go through each one and run them as you did with the acs.exe
7th: You'll see a bunch of folders now, Open them all and copy-paste the contents to the main acs folder
8th: RUN THE PATCH Just make sure you've extracted all the original files from the folders
9th: Get Applocale, (Google and install it) it forces your computer to run in a certain mode, which is neccesary considering this is a japanese game and you're probably not running that mode.
10th: After installing Applocale, double click it and follow the instructions it gives you until you reach a point where it asks for the .exe file. Open up the main ACS folder and select the file ACS.exe
11th: Play and have fun =D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:06:13 AM by thanyou » Logged

thanyou
Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »

I'll update the thread with his moveset when I get home, I'm at school right now.

Shipomaster
Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »

Hey.... did you have work done on the pokemon project???? Don't just abandon it! How dare you! We have no pokemon hacks AT ALL, so just give us what you had ok? Oh and btw DO NOT WANT. This new project is completely unsupported.

thanyou
Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »

Hey.... did you have work done on the pokemon project???? Don't just abandon it! How dare you! We have no pokemon hacks AT ALL, so just give us what you had ok? Oh and btw DO NOT WANT. This new project is completely unsupported.

Rant time

1st: After the server changed it DELETED my thread. I retyped the URL to my thread and it was some [censored]ty Kirby hack in the textures section. Some stupid kakashi texture stole my thread dammit >:[

2nd: Plus I don't even think its possible to edit Pokes w/out hex editing because the result was PT throwing the Pokeball at a T-stanced Pokemon, which is out of my range of capabilities. I don't think anyone would want what that anyway. I might make a thread in the help section if someone would want to help that, but I did every thing right for what I did with that project, so quit your female dogin.

3rd: And what do you mean by "unsupported"? Its just a PSA project I wanted to start because I'm a free man.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:27:48 PM by thanyou » Logged

Gazoinks
Th-the cake, it's a lie!
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 05:22:08 PM »

This looks very promising.  To be honest, this is much better than your Pokemon Project (in my opinion).  I support it.

SonicBurstX
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »

lol female dogin.  Would have been nice having some pokemon.  Well good luck on your project.  Which char are you going to choose to work on.  Personally I hope it is someone we don't have a hack on.  Either way though good luck man

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 05:44:13 PM »

This looks very promising.  To be honest, this is much better than your Pokemon Project (in my opinion).  I support it.

I thought so too, but my friend wanted a real Independent Squirtle and Charizard so I thought I could at least attempt it, but he didn't specify a moveset so I posted on the board a poll, so I could get some real PSA user's ideas. And thanks for the support

lol female dogin.  Would have been nice having some pokemon.  Well good luck on your project.  Which char are you going to choose to work on.  Personally I hope it is someone we don't have a hack on.  Either way though good luck man

Sorry to disappoint you but Lion will be on Marth because;

1. Marth is already the correct size and shape of Lion, making him the perfect base character

2. There's already a texture for it

3. Because there are a lot of Marth PSA's but not that many GOOD Marth PSA's and I hope to change that. Take the Assassin for example, that [censored] is beast but there aren't many others like it.

4. Because I like Marth and I wanted to make a PSA since Independent Pokes failed miserably

Thanks for your support, regardless. I hope to have the NB working soon for the beta release. Just gotta find a good GFX then I'll be done with it.

Speaking of that, if anyone has any ideas one what'd be a good GFX for Demon Fang, then speak up, I'm running out of options here DX

Angelglory
    Extreme Kitten

I'm Ridley feelin' it!

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Featured

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 05:57:18 PM »

I'd be glad to assist in this project in anyway I can. (big ole Tales fan right here~)

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »

I'd be glad to assist in this project in anyway I can. (big ole Tales fan right here~)

Lol, you're the reason I started this, with that epic Leon texture on your texture thread a while back =D

AND if you really like the tales series and run XP still then go ahead and download the game, its free, epic, and fun, plus I need someone with PSA experience so I can bounce Ideas off of 'em, and perhaps someone who actually has the game so they can tell me which moves they'd like to see, but considering no one's ever even heard of this game I doubt that'll come true T^T

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »

Even thought I'm not at an important standing in the community, I support the idea! (*Is also an epic Tales fan*)
    I've heard of the ACS doujin-game, but I've been too lazy to try and install it. If the whole process yuu posted works w/ crappy vista, then Ill be more than glad to give it a go, and get some ideas for you. And I'll help in any way I can~(I'm more of an idea kinda person, since I havn't tried PSA nor any other kind of haxoringz "yet")
    Hopefully I can be of some use to yuu~
    And best-of-luck with the epic project! :3

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »

Sorta Off-topic= You said Leon, then Lion thanyou, which is it?

On-Topic=Looks good.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:02:08 PM by Blue » Logged

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »

Same person. Name lost in translation. Tongue

As a fan of Tales of games, and an even bigger fan of Tales of fangames (ACS ... murrr :3), I give you my full support for this project.

............A/G DB ~ Probably gonna be the same unless someone has a better idea
    ............SB ~ Majin dark (Direct translation) - He charges for a split second and then stabs forward with a flurry of dark slashes following
    I suggest you invert these moves, and then use the Genejin for Side-B. (Genejin is Leon quickly dashing through the enemy ... I think it it Down- DownBack- Back + B, on ACS).
    Either that or the infamous Kuushuken.  Smiley (Basically, Genejin forward, then Genhegin bacward and upward, diagonally). Forward- Back- Forward + B on ACS  Smiley
    Or you can stay close to Marth and use the combo Shouryurengazan (named "Dragon Blade", I think).  It is a 4 hit ground combo, pushing the enemy backwards. ^^

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Shipomaster
    Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

I was in a bad mood but I'm not really sorry. By unsupported I meant that I would rather you did something else with your time and I wouldn't download it. Too bad about the pokemon.

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »

Even thought I'm not at an important standing in the community, I support the idea! (*Is also an epic Tales fan*)
    I've heard of the ACS doujin-game, but I've been too lazy to try and install it. If the whole process yuu posted works w/ crappy vista, then Ill be more than glad to give it a go, and get some ideas for you. And I'll help in any way I can~(I'm more of an idea kinda person, since I havn't tried PSA nor any other kind of haxoringz "yet")
    Hopefully I can be of some use to yuu~
    And best-of-luck with the epic project! :3

It should work, just make sure that you extract the character files to the main folder before running the patch, which is what most people do wrong DX

On-Topic=Looks good.

In USA and alot of the rest of the world, he's called Leon and in Japan, they call him Lion. I mixed it up because I was getting it across that Lion = Leon.

As a fan of Tales of games, and an even bigger fan of Tales of fangames (ACS ... murrr :3), I give you my full support for this project.

I suggest you invert these moves, and then use the Genejin for Side-B. (Genejin is Leon quickly dashing through the enemy ... I think it it Down- DownBack- Back + B, on ACS).
    Either that or the infamous Kuushuken.  Smiley (Basically, Genejin forward, then Genhegin bacward and upward, diagonally). Forward- Back- Forward + B on ACS  Smiley
    Or you can stay close to Marth and use the combo Shouryurengazan (named "Dragon Blade", I think).  It is a 4 hit ground combo, pushing the enemy backwards. ^^

Those are pretty good ideas, and I'll definitely put them into consideration.

I was in a bad mood but I'm not really sorry. By unsupported I meant that I would rather you did something else with your time and I wouldn't download it. Too bad about the pokemon.

Thanks for you input.....sorta, and like I said, the Independent Pokes was a disaster that I don't know how to fix DX

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »

Completely off-topic: ACS was updated ^^ Now Judith's 1P mode isn't buggy =D

Edit:

On topic: I'm having some difficulty applying the GFX for the NB so it may be a long while before its done >.>
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:20:12 PM by thanyou » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: