Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Quick Guide to Making Quick & Cool CSPs  (Read 2293 times)
Boygos
srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: January 31, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »

Hello all! Welcome to my quick and easy tutorial on nice CSPs! (Character Select Screen Potraits)

I am going to be showing you how to make a nice CSP of a texture or model very easily in just 10 EASY steps, and THEN put them into BrawlBox, so they show up on your Character Select Screen! If you get stuck, and need help, just post below! One of my dear online amigos or myself will be more than willing to help you at any time! Let's begin, shall we? Wink

STEP 1:
    You are going to need a .pac or .pcs file of the texture you want to make a CSP for. In my case, I am going to be using the new "Skyward Sword Link" by GBC (It's a super sweet hack download it fooo shooo!)

STEP 2: Once you have whatever hack you're making a CSP of, open it up in BrawlBox. If you don't already have BrawlBox click below!
    ---->http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24929&Moderated=All&facebook=true
    Once you have opened your .pcs or .pac file in BrawlBox, extend the ModelData[0] tab until you see your model. Then right click on it and click "Preview" or just click Ctrl+P with your model selected.

STEP 3: Now, this window should show up. What you need to do is extend the top bar down and deselect bones. This should then make your model viewable without the lines on top of it.

STEP 4: Open up the right bar options menu, and open up the FitMotionEtc.pac of your particular character. In my case, I will be demonstrating on Link. So my file that I would use is called FitLinkMotionEtc.pac. Then, click on the animation you want you character to be in, in your CSP. Most of the time, you have to do a little exploring until you find the pose you like best.
    If you don't have the MotionEtc.pac you need, you can get them all here. http://www.mediafire.com/?74lnqszqb6zwz

STEP 5: When you get the pose you want, make sure you have the right background color, and press the Ctrl and Prt Scrn keys. (The Prt Scrn Key is usually right by the Scroll Lock and the F12 Key.) Then open up a photo editor, like GIMP (In my case GIMP 2.6) And click paste. Then, open up the layers tool (Ctrl+L) an select the tool that looks like grey dynamite. Select the exis area and click delete. Click the eyeball next to the "background" layer on the layers menu. It should look like this, without the exis white around the portrait.

STEP 6. Use the select tool and surround your portrait. Change the dimensions to 128x160, and exit out of your current GIMP project.

STEP7: Click paste in your new GIMP Project, and save your CSP as a .PNG file.

STEP 8: You should now have your CSP. Grin Now, open up your sc_selcharacter.pac in BrawlBox. Notice, there's a char_bust_tex_lz77 click that once.

STEP 9: Now scroll through all of the MiscData .BRRES's until you find your character and the particular slot you're editing. In my case it would be Link's 00 slot, or his FitLink00 texture.

STEP 10: Click replace, and select the CSP that you just made. Then save your sc_selcharacter.pac and put it back in your menu2 folder!

It's done! You just made a BEAST CSP! Quick and easy! Well, you know what they say, rinse and repeat!

And, if you want it, here is the CSP I made!

Check out my CSP thread to make requests and see me already finished work so far  Smiley

Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask questions!

Extes
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

First of all thank you for the instructions.  But... well, I followed your steps, even went through your links for Brawl box and Gimp despite already having both of them and getting your versions of each program... Found everything very easily and clearly, but when I select "Brawl" for some 4 player action, the game freezes on me...

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:42 AM »

First of all thank you for the instructions.  But... well, I followed your steps, even went through your links for Brawl box and Gimp despite already having both of them and getting your versions of each program... Found everything very easily and clearly, but when I select "Brawl" for some 4 player action, the game freezes on me...
    Hmm... is your portrait's size at 128x160?

Which BrawlBox did you use to put the portrait in? Some of the newer BrawlBox's have issues with filesize, and if your CSS is too big, you may have to use an older version.

Extes
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »

Brawl Box ver 0.65b.  sing Gimp to edit the CSP's.  went through and made sure the size was 128x160, indexed colors to not exceed 144, even saved all the CSP's from CI8 to CMPR to make more room.  SD card is reading the file just below 3.79MB.  No idea why it refuses to work with me Sad

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: