Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Few Questions (Really, Really New To This)  (Read 871 times)
AndSushi
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »

Hi, there!
So, this being my very first post, I hope it doesn't make you instantly hate me...

I have a few questions, and I'm sure they're all really obvious, but I'm going to ask them anyways.

Some friends and I want to edit ourselves into Smash Bros (that is, we want to make a few textures that look like us, along with a custom moveset for each).
The thing is, we have absolutely no idea what we're doing. We see all of these different tutorials and things on here, but we honestly have no idea where to start. We understand that what we want to undertake, here, is going to be a huge task, but we want to at least give it a try.

So, firstly, is there anywhere that explains the terminology for "Vertexes," "Models," "PSAs," ".pac Files," etc?
Is there another way of getting the PSA program that was previously uploaded to Megaupload?
Where would you suggest we start, if we're starting from scratch; What do we do first?

Finally, if we (as people totally foreign to hacking) end up throwing in the towel, how much would we have to pay for one of you guys who might be generous enough to take on the task? (Keeping in mind we're poor college students.)

Thanks, and show mercy, please...

Shun_One
Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »

Not sure if there's any where that breaks down things as a general hub that breaks things down into simple English. Most of them become pretty easy to pick up on once you get you started.

If you're looking for a place to start, first, I'd suggest attempting a simple recolor of a character. It's probably one of the easier things you can try to do.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: