Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Brawlmasquerade & other coding stuff  (Read 37101 times)
♤♡◇♧
The Corrupted
Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

Someone would have to port them to PAL.
    And I just wanted to say that it has a limit of 12 costume slots total per character (not sure if/how G&W would work).

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

Someone would have to port them to PAL.
    And I just wanted to say that it has a limit of 12 costume slots total per character (not sure if/how G&W would work).
    guess when every code is stable we pal users will have to ask standardtoaster or someone else to port them to pall i hope  in the future you had the code for every slot on the op so ppl can add the slots they need to Tongue  its great you found out how brawl maskerade worked xD im just wondering  if there is a way when adding pictures to the sc charracter map.pac doesnt increase his filesize much

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »

Thing is, I would have to write a program a la Brawl Masquerade to handle the needs of people in regards of slot usage, and I can seriously cannot write programs (I could, but I would first need to learn how to do so).
    That and I'm still experimenting with the costume coding, so that won't happen anytime soon.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

Thing is, I would have to write a program a la Brawl Masquerade to handle the needs of people in regards of slot usage, and I can seriously cannot write programs (I could, but I would first need to learn how to do so).
    That and I'm still experimenting with the costume coding, so that won't happen anytime soon.
    like i said wait until everything is stable Tongue also for a program making  there are some ppl here in kcmm that love to make programs Tongue just check the brawlbox thread i bet you will find a volunteer there xD

Blerbman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »

I figured if anyone were to pick up what Dantarion left behind, it'd be you.

Thank god, really. I'm surprised this wasn't done in the beginning of Brawl hacking, when the more "complex" hacks started taking off.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:51:40 AM »

maybe let blackjax96 do that program in brawlbox next version?
    so we already got that program merged with next brawlbox

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »

Posting 2 notes here:
    - G&W costume seems to be hardcoded to only load from his 00 costume, so adding additional recolors (and especially different models like Paper Mario) is most likely impossible.

- Even though the limit is 12 costumes total per character, most characters will never reach that limit due to limitations in the char_bust_tex (9-10 costumes total being the limit).
    « Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:32:21 AM by ds22 » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »

if this gets done
    i think i needing to update many of my moveset packs for get recolours to work with this

anyway i found a way to save alot of filesize on the Menu file
    just replace the team icon/names in the menu file of the char. with a img file: 4x4 size (black)
    thats what i did on my menu so i dont have to think about team icons/names then i replace a char. just think about CSPs

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »

Posting 2 notes here:
    - G&W costume seems to be hardcoded to only load from his 00 costume, so adding additional recolors (and especially different models like Paper Mario) is most likely impossible.

- Even though the limit is 12 costumes total per character, most characters will never reach that limit due to limitations in the char_bust_tex (9-10 costumes total being the limit).
    we already new gw would be different becuase he is controled by pallets or something buts its a shame i would love to have paper mario and mr game and watch but then each mr gw pcs would be 6 slots so he would have tons of recolours with like 3 pcs files lol but if hes hardcoded then let him be  having 9-10 recolours per character is already preety awnsome xD do characters with less than 6 pikachu(4) lucario,jigly(5) are this the ones that will go up to 9?

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

You know, there are a lot of coders here who would be willing to help. BlackJax, Mewtwo2000, even I can help you make a program.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »

I'd like to offer some help, but I don't know a lick of programming (willing to learn though). So, if I understand this right, using USBGecko, you're injecting an additional costume slot for a character using ASM codes?

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Gigan X3
    Mega Kitten

I'M STILL WAITING FOR BRAWL MASQUERADE!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

Man, it's great to know that this is still being worked on, maybe if you change the title of the thread more people will know that this project isn't dead. Thank you so much Mr. ds22 for taking your time.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »

Remember this?:
    In order to change Jiggz result name, open up main.dol in a hex editor and search for 'Jigglypuff', which should take you to a section with most of the result names (be aware that the size of the name has to stay the same size, so Jigglypuff, being 10 characters, being replaced with a 10 character name or less with spaces to fill the remaining spots).

And I think G&W's Z-axis is 0 due to the fact that sometimes, when you throw his and he faces the screen with his mouth open, you will be able to look through him through that part.
    And like Tcll mentioned, his Z-axis is forced to be 2D through the stages Z-axis rather then his own Z-axis (as that would have him flip like when Mario would turn around in Paper Mario).

Code:
    064564D0 0000000C
    44656465 64652020
    20202000 00000000
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:19:49 AM by ds22 » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »

code to change how many letters the result names have?

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »

Code to change the result name without messing with the main.dol file (Dedede just being an example).

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: