Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eye Movement and multiple face textures editing. v0.66b edits more things  (Read 3928 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: February 10, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

Hi there, after making the Mario Bros over Ice Climbers hack, I had figured out what controls eye movement, and what swaps between face textures, like Kirby's face, and Bowser's eye lids. This info is really useful for hacks, now I haven't gotten into it that much to know what are the limitations or how to actually controll how far the eye moves and stuff like that. Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made a custom animation, and then tried it in game and noticed that the character blinks or looks in the wrong direction and time. First of all, all of this is in the Fit_Motion.pac and Fit_MotionEct.pac files. And the info will have different colors, for the important and useful info. Red=Main Stuff. Green=Info.
    Now not every character has the data for eye movement, or vice versa, have the data for textur patterns (multiple faces). First the eye movement, this is for characters that have EyeIris textures, like Mario, Peach, Bowser, and King Dedede.
    Now I'll be using my SM64 Moveset v5.0, which is still in the making, motion file for srt0 pictures, and a Bowser motion file, both with the new v0.66
    The data is in the AnmTexSrt(NW4R) folder in the AnimationData[0].brres, as shown in this picture:
    When you open it, you'll see a bunch of .srt0 files. When you open one of those, you'll see four raw data files with pluses, like here:
    They should be named EyeL, EyeR, EyeYellowL, and EyeYellowR, each one will have the textures it moves, with Mario these three:
    ]
    Now with v0.66, we can edit these,they all say TextureX, if you want to know which one they are, just open the character up in BrawlBox, and they will be in the order, like this:
    Now if you click on one, you see some info on the left:
    The top info has the basic stuff, weither or not the file is "dirty" (edited), and what TextureID it is. The middle-ish info just shows the Keyframes and the translations, rotations, scales, and what frames are edited, just like with the animation files in Brawlbox. The bottom data is the most important, this is what you edit. You pretty much edit it like you would a chr0 file, where the yellow fills are the keyframes, and that stuff. Now you can add New Entries, for more textures to move:
    ]
    This also works with the pat0 files, so you can have more blinking textures for an animation. CheesyNow the names of the .srt0 files are very important, they determine what animation the eye movement will play in, so you can change the Wait2 in Mario's to Wait1 to see Mario's eyes blink and move in his usual wait instead of when he messes with his cap.
    You can get more animations to have eye movement by right clicking on the AnimationData[0], and clinking on New: Texture Animation,
    Then you add the new entries, and get the right names, or you can simply replace the file with another srt0 file, and edit from there.
    And now onto multiple face textures and eye lids.
    First of these are in the AnmTexPat(NW4R) folder in the AnimationData[0].brres, here's a picture for you:
    Now you'll see a bunch of .pat0 files, just like the srt0 ones, the names of the pat0 are the same as the needed animations' names. There'll be four top raw datas, each with what ever TextureX are used, and those will each have the texture names for what it'll change into, for example the different EyeLid names, as shown:
    Now editing these didn't change in v0.66, but thing I forgot to speciafy is that the texture names have to match up with the ones in the FitCharacter0X.pac (.pcs), or else they won't change in-game, skip any of the texture names it doesn't find. In BrawlBox v0.66, the data was renamed, so now you edit the "Key", "Texture", and "Palette", basically I guess its so you don't have to right-click, select "Rename" over and over, you can just edit the name in the "Texture" box, which is spares time actually. Smiley
    Anyway normally the first one is at frame 0, I don't know what happens if it's not at Frame 0, but there's no point in it not being, and then you have the next texture at frame (Insert Number Here).
    Now I've noticed that atleast with the texture patterns, when making new ones, when you save it, exit out and re-open, and look at the new pattern again. Most of the time the texture names are in the wrong place, but they still have the right frame number and stuff, just the wrong name, in which case you just click on the right name in the drop-down windom on the left. Now sometimes the textures will say "null" this is where you'll have to redo that section again, because if you rename it, or click on another name, it won't change. What you do is go back to the top where the material name is (ex: EyeL, EyeR, EyeYellowL, ect), delete that, make a new entry for the pattern, and then redo the frames and stuff, and then save it again. I always have an extra copy and then just ave between the two incase I mess it up, re-open that one. If it still says null, then delete that pattern, save it, re-open and make the new pattern again, if it still keeps saying null, try making another one, and if that doesn't say null, dlete the one with the null, and rename the one that works, and do the right frame count and stuff.
    So this helps custom animations, because sometims you make a custom one, but the yes move at the completely time, or in the wrong direction.
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:54:40 AM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

... shouldnt this be in tutorials?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »

I'm not sure. Tongue I guess I'll move it if this needs to be in the tutorials section, but I think I'll wait and see if anyone else says if this should be in the tutorials.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »

Tutorial time.

And...

You are so awesome.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

BlackJax is changing the model previewer to work with all of these animation files, so it'll be something easy to work with.

By the way, the Pat0 rebuilder doesn't work in 0.65c, that's worth mentioning.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »

Sadly I don't get it. Can you summarize it? I really want to know this.

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »

v0.66 lets us edit them like the translation of the EyeIris, and when the EyeLids blink. Cheesy
    @THE Sonic Wolf, how do you want me to summarize it? The basicest is that this tutorial before I get to editing it with updated knowladge, lets us decide what srt0 files play during which animation, and how you can change what texture changes to another at a certain frame in the pat0 files. If that's not what you wanted then please tell me what you want okay. Smiley

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »

v0.66 lets us edit them like the translation of the EyeIris, and when the EyeLids blink. Cheesy
    @THE Sonic Wolf, how do you want me to summarize it? The basicest is that this tutorial before I get to editing it with updated knowladge, lets us decide what srt0 files play during which animation, and how you can change what texture changes to another at a certain frame in the pat0 files. If that's not what you wanted then please tell me what you want okay. Smiley

Brawlbox v0.66 edit's eys now! not impressed
    Will you make a tutorial on how?
    Also I meant like the main steps without details on them.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »

Edited the tutorial on how to do it with v0.66, well I guess if enough people want a tutorial with just the main steps, I could make one, but it kinda doesn't seem needed if its just one person, but I'll recolor the the post for an easier way of reading it, I hope that'll make it easier on you. Wink

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:45 AM »

Edited the tutorial on how to do it with v0.66, well I guess if enough people want a tutorial with just the main steps, I could make one, but it kinda doesn't seem needed if its just one person, but I'll recolor the the post for an easier way of reading it, I hope that'll make it easier on you. Wink

Gracias!

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:07 PM »

I'll try this once my Wolf Moveset is done (looking for animaters. Check my thread in A/A Requests & Ideas for more info. Thank you.)

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: