Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Author Topic: DAE Model Importing for Dummies  (Read 103247 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #315 on: February 17, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »

im recording myself rigging a naruto model over sheik atm, when it's done and uploaded, i'll post the videos here.

full rigging process, first part has annotations, second and third dont, also, i only did one arm while recording, i did the other one off-rec, since it's just the same...

PART 1
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xF1I-pSKY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xF1I-pSKY</a>

PART 2
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHeiNlOKly4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHeiNlOKly4</a>

PART 3
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JN92XuV2vs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JN92XuV2vs</a>
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:45:07 AM by joking » Logged

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #316 on: February 18, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

I'm a beginner at using 3ds Max 2009. Will this work for 2009? Also, will the shortcuts and features you used of 3ds Max be in the same/ similar place on the program like 3ds Max 2010 & 2011?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #317 on: February 18, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »

i guess it'll be the same, but, if you have 3ds max specifically for brawl modding, why not get 2010 or 2011?
    they are free if you get the student version

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #318 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:59 PM »

Ther problem is my computer is very slow, so it would take very long for me to get 3d Max 2010 or 2011. If I try to install 3ds Max 2010 or 2011 on my computer then uninstall 2009, that will try my patience. It's kind of like how I find all these versions of Adobe After Effects for a 32 bit and it ends up being 64 bit. That reminds me, I'm capable of hacking, so it wouldn't be too hard getting the full version of 3ds Max 2010 on my computer for free despite the fact that my computer is slow, like I did for 3ds Max 2009. Should I go for getting 3ds Max 2010 or 2011?

Kain_VKail
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #319 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »

so now my problem is when I've got overlapping textures and wireframes I'm selecting the individual parts of the model but the texture is still connected when I move add weight and move the skeleton.

Basically it acts as a whole texture rather than just a texture that's got clipping parts.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #320 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »

I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not so sure. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but try applying the textures after you have finished rigging the model completely, and see if it works any better.

Takeo Masaki
    Advanced Kitten

Making custom model of an asdf movie character

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #321 on: February 26, 2013, 08:28:06 PM »

maybe use the detach by id script in 3ds max and select bitmap and hit detach

I take requests only for Robloxian Imports and BRSTM's.  Put me in collabaration if you use my imports!click me to download my hacks

kiro
    Mega Kitten

Mah boi! Blood is what true vampires strive for!

• Awards Featured Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #322 on: April 13, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »

ok for some reason, the Autodesk Collada import plugin has randomly stopped working for me. I use to be able to import DAE files just fine the other day, but when i turned on my computer today to start a new import when i clicked the import button it just says that the application has encountered an error and will now close.

But it even does this any ANY of the DAE files i successfully imported before. I tried it with Open COLLADA but it just imports the root bone and that's it. I tried using an older version of 3DS max and it just spits out errors about there being bindpose and mismatched matrices problems. I tried the plugins from the OP, but the one for 2010 just says "%1 is not a valid Win32 application", and the one for 8 just says that "the module for ColladdaMax.dle cannot be found". Anyone have any ideas?
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:25:44 PM by kiro » Logged

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #323 on: April 13, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »

Reinstall the plugin? That's the only suggestion I can offer. I don't really know why your plugin isn't working.

sillydraco
    Intermediate Kitten

Silliest little anklebiter

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #324 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »

Ok I have a dumb problem, but it is really annoying and I can't stay up all night trying to figure it out :I

Brawlbox won't associate with .pcs or .pac files when I try to make it the default. I can select it, but then it doesn't do anything.

Of course, Brawlbox works fine when I load files from within itself, but I can't double click on a .PCS and have it open in Brawlbox. Not really a big deal, it's just annoying :<

It used to work, but I just updated it from .64 to .67, then downgraded to .65c and still no good. Will upgrade back to .67 does anyone else have this problem?

I love you. I'm sorry. I forgive you. Thank you.

Time for sleepy, dream of new things...new life, new reality, new wings.

"But high she shoots through air and light, Above all low delay,
    Where nothing earthly bounds her flight, Nor shadow dims her way."
    —Thomas Moore, "Oh that I had Wings"

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #325 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »

open brawlbox as admin, then go to options, and select all the file associations you want

sillydraco
    Intermediate Kitten

Silliest little anklebiter

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #326 on: April 17, 2013, 07:14:53 AM »

Aha! I feel dumb now :3 I knew it had to be something simple, it always is ^^"

I love you. I'm sorry. I forgive you. Thank you.

Time for sleepy, dream of new things...new life, new reality, new wings.

"But high she shoots through air and light, Above all low delay,
    Where nothing earthly bounds her flight, Nor shadow dims her way."
    —Thomas Moore, "Oh that I had Wings"

lordevian
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #327 on: April 19, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »

am currently working on this to import a pmd model and I've done every step up to part 4.
    now, I am stuck at the modifier list-skin part. after that when I try to add the bones, in the browser it appears in blank! what can I do now?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #328 on: April 20, 2013, 04:03:37 AM »

are the bones hidden?
    if not, try to check that all the checkboxes in the list are checked

zplatter
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #329 on: April 27, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »

I couldn't get past part 2 where I was supposed to import the into 3ds max, I've tried 3ds max 2010-2014 with different plugins but the best I could get is something that looks like this - http://s212.photobucket.com/user/zplatter/media/1.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Been trying to fix this since yesterday but I'm not getting anywhere Sad

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
    Print
    Jump to: