Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25
Author Topic: DAE Model Importing for Dummies  (Read 103244 times)
FallenKing
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »

WHAT HAVE I DONE????!!! lol it's pretty gross huh? Can someone help me troubleshoot this? There's 2 obvious problems: the png files I uploaded don't latch on to the appropriate areas, and there's pieces of clothing coming out of his arm-sleeves and boots.

I'll admit that I rushed through the rigging process only because I wasn't sure if I was making any progress. I didn't want to spend so much time working on something only to see some major error that would make me have to start over. Basically, I'd like to know if this abomination can be fixed through better rigging, or if its not supposed to look like this to begin with, even with bad rigging.

Speaking of rigging, do I need to weight parts of the model onto EVERY bone, or do I only need to weight the model onto certain key bones? How do I know which bones are crucial and which aren't? This is supposed to be SS Link with his non-hero clothing imported over Pit btw.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »

WHAT HAVE I DONE????!!! lol it's pretty gross huh? Can someone help me troubleshoot this? There's 2 obvious problems: the png files I uploaded don't latch on to the appropriate areas, and there's pieces of clothing coming out of his arm-sleeves and boots.

I'll admit that I rushed through the rigging process only because I wasn't sure if I was making any progress. I didn't want to spend so much time working on something only to see some major error that would make me have to start over. Basically, I'd like to know if this abomination can be fixed through better rigging, or if its not supposed to look like this to begin with, even with bad rigging.

Speaking of rigging, do I need to weight parts of the model onto EVERY bone, or do I only need to weight the model onto certain key bones? How do I know which bones are crucial and which aren't? This is supposed to be SS Link with his non-hero clothing imported over Pit btw.

You didn't detach the objects by material ID, which is why you have those two errors.
    Did you even read through the tutorial? Mmmm actually it isn't your fault, Beyond didn't mention it. I'll add that part in.
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:32:41 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »

On the first import it gives me an error that says things can't be detected and things aren't compatible. I used the dae plugin you provided and check to make sure that the settings were right. The only thing that I could think of that might be wrong is the version of the fbx importer. Yours says 2011.1 mine says 2012.2.
    Edit: Here's the error.
    While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
        -Warning: The transform of node "TopN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "CapM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "EyeYellowM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "FaceDmgM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "FaceM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "HairM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "HairMb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "TransN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "XRotN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "YRotN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "HipN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LLegJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LKneeJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LFootE" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LFootJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LToeN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RLegJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RKneeJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RFootE" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RFootJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RToeN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "WaistN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "BustN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LShoulderN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LShoulderJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LArmJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LHandN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L1stNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L1stNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L2ndNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L2ndNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L3rdNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L3rdNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L4thNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "L4thNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LThumbNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LThumbNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LHandNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "NeckN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "HeadN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "HatN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "LHigeN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "MouthN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "NoseN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RHigeN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RShoulderN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RShoulderJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RArmJ" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RHandN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R1stNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R1stNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R2ndNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R2ndNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R3rdNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R3rdNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R4thNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "R4thNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RHaveN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RThumbNa" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RThumbNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "RHandNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "WaistNb" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -Warning: The transform of node "ThrowN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
        -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "FitMario_BodyB" exists.
        -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "FitMario_BodyA" exists.
        -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "FitMario_EyeUpper" exists.
        -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "FitMario_EyeDmg" exists.
        -ERROR: No <image> element with ID "FitMario_Kage" exists.
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LLegJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "HipN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "WaistNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LKneeJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LFootE"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LFootJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "WaistN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "BustN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RLegJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RKneeJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RFootE"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RFootJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "HeadN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RShoulderJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RShoulderN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LShoulderN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LShoulderJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RArmJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "NeckN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LArmJ"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R3rdNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R3rdNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RHandN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R2ndNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R2ndNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R1stNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RThumbNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RThumbNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RHandNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R4thNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R4thNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LHandNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LHandN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L3rdNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L3rdNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LThumbNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LThumbNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L1stNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L1stNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L2ndNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "R1stNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L2ndNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L4thNa"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "L4thNb"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LToeN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "NoseN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "LHigeN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RHigeN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "RToeN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "HatN"
        -ERROR: There is no joint element with SID "MouthN"
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:53:58 AM by toonlink444 » Logged

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »

I'm starting to see the light, but I'm still FAR from done. As of now, I've only rigged HeadN, NeckN, L/RfootJ, L/RtoeN, R/LlegJ, and R/LkneeJ. After weighting those parts, I ignored the problem areas and moved on, so most of it looks nasty except the head. lol

I'll get to the rest later, but for now how do I prevent the legs from fusing together as shown on the Brawlbox preview on the left? As you can see on the right, the legs are naturally close together so I'm guessing that's the problem. When I weighted the legs, I made sure I didn't get any of the vertexes of the left leg weighted onto the right leg and vice versa.
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:47:14 AM by FaIIenKing » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 03:08:43 AM »

lol, it was way simpler than that, the auto metal made the polygons check for the metal material always, instead of only when metal... so yeah, problem fixed

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

Solved I found a older version of mine but a newer version of yours and it works. Laugh

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »

Still having problems with SS Link's legs getting mixed together. I'm still not sure if I understand the whole rigging concept. How do I know which vertices go with which bones? How do I know what weight I should set for each vertex?

So far what I'll do is select a bone, look at which parts of the model turn red/yellow/blue, then I'll select the vertices that match the red/yellow/blue areas, then set the weight to 1. I have a feeling this isn't how you're supposed to go about it. I don't know what "problem areas" look like other than the elbow since that's the only thing shown in this tut. Does every bone need to have something rigged to it?

I wish someone would make a video tutorial from start to finish. I'd honestly pay money for that...

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 05:19:16 AM »

basic rig notes:

Q:what vertices to what bone?
    A:quiete simple, if you are rigging a leg, all the vertices above the knee should be rigged to the leg, and starting by the knee should be rigged to the knee bone.

Q:what influence should i put?
    A: it depends, if it should move 100% together with the bone set it to 1, if it should be less, cuz its near to another bone (knee for example) play with the weights, start setting them to 0,5 on each of the two bones, and adjust as necesary...

Q:how do i know what vertice is from what leg? they clip in T-pose...
    A: a solution is to select a part of a leg, and in the tools, there is a "grow" button, this will select all the vertices that are connected directly to your selection, so it wont select the other leg.

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »

basic rig notes:

Q:what vertices to what bone?
    A:quiete simple, if you are rigging a leg, all the vertices above the knee should be rigged to the leg, and starting by the knee should be rigged to the knee bone.

Q:what influence should i put?
    A: it depends, if it should move 100% together with the bone set it to 1, if it should be less, cuz its near to another bone (knee for example) play with the weights, start setting them to 0,5 on each of the two bones, and adjust as necesary...

About the first question, what about the other bones other than the leg? Is there a guide that tells me what bones correspond to which vertices, or is it supposed to be common sense (I don't have any)? If I'm doing an import over Pit, should I look at the original Pit model in 3DS Max and look at what vertices are weighted to which bones as a general guide? Speaking of the other bones, does every bone need to have something weighted onto it, or is it only certain ones? If so, how can I tell which ones?

About the 2nd question, this is gonna sound dumb, but how do I know which vertices are near which bone? I noticed when I open up the weight table, it lists different bones: is this supposed to be telling me which vertices correspond to which bones?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »

dude, its common sense, rig the bust to the bustN bone, rig the shoulders and arms to the shoulder and arm bones... LOOK at the model and where the bones are located, that should already tell you:
    HEY LOOK AT ME, I SHOULD MOVE *insert body part here*!

you wouldnt rig his arm to his neck bone, right?

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

And where exactly is the bust supposed to be? Obviously, I have a general idea, because when I select the BustN bone, parts of the model light up. Is it the entire chest area, or is it only the front-half-chest area that lights up when I select the bustN bone? How do I know what influence to set for the bustN? The region that lights up when I select the bone is all yellow/blue, so after I finish setting the weight, the model should look similar to that, right?
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:01:20 PM by FaIIenKing » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 03:05:01 PM »

Is it the entire chest area, or is it only the front-half-chest area that lights up when I select the bustN bone?

Do you have a bone in your body that only moves the front half of your chest?

No.

Look at where the bones are placed. Where they are should offer a good indication of what you should rig to it. In this case, the BustN is located in the chest of the character (hence the name "Bust") so you should rig the chest to it, as well as the arms, head, neck, and everything else that would move along with it.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »

And where exactly is the bust supposed to be? Obviously, I have a general idea, because when I select the BustN bone, parts of the model light up. Is it the entire chest area, or is it only the front-half-chest area that lights up when I select the bustN bone? How do I know what influence to set for the bustN?

You really just have to use common sense and logic.
    Really, we can't tell you what bone to rig every vertex to.
    If the BustN bone is in the middle of the body at the chest area, rig everything around the body near the chest area to it. The farther away from BustN the vertex is, the lower the influence of the bone. Im srs here

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »

Alright, so what about the facial expression bones like "ouchM", "blinkM" and other bones that soundl ike that? What exactly are those, and what are they rigged to? It looks like they go somewhere around the foot area, but that sounds weird.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 02:40:42 AM »

dont rig those, but u'll need them in the skin modifier... those are used in brawl for facial expressions and stuff

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25
    Print
    Jump to: