Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25
Author Topic: DAE Model Importing for Dummies  (Read 103296 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God
Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »

Will you please make a one-slot mod tutorial for DAE imports?
    I mean one that works even if you move the bones of a character around. :/

You can't move the bones around for a one slot import. At all.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »

You can't move the bones around for a one slot import. At all.

So I could just rig them normally and leave the character's bones where they are?
    IE: Rig them to suit the character but leave the bones in the same place?
    That would be difficult to animate, but I'll try that on my next import.

If I added bones to the model on the X Rot bone would it still be one slot?

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »

If I added bones to the model on the X Rot bone would it still be one slot?

No. It would either offset the bone index of every single bone in the tree or offset the bone index of ThrowN.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »

*Sigh* I'm going to need to do that for the nunchucks, no one slot for guy Sad
    But I can make Lee and Neji one slots now that I think about it.

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

I have idea's for Character hacks, Code Lyoko Aelita over Peach, Code Lyoko Odd Della Robia over Shiek & Lucario, Beyond Good & Evil Jade over Zero Suit Samus, Coraline Jones over Zero Suit Samus, Ulirch over Ike & Marth, Yumi over Zero Suit Samus, & K-ON Ritsu over Zelda.

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: April 04, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »

I have idea's for Character hacks, Code Lyoko Aelita over Peach, Code Lyoko Odd Della Robia over Shiek & Lucario, Beyond Good & Evil Jade over Zero Suit Samus, Coraline Jones over Zero Suit Samus, Ulirch over Ike & Marth, Yumi over Zero Suit Samus, & K-ON Ritsu over Zelda.

I would import Code Lyoko models, if I had any.
    And this thread is not the place to post that. Im srs here

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »

If I have two virtually identical models, is there a way to make it so that you can speed up the process a ton for the second one? Say, for example, if I found a Konata model and a model of Konata dressed as Haruhi.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »

If I have two virtually identical models, is there a way to make it so that you can speed up the process a ton for the second one? Say, for example, if I found a Konata model and a model of Konata dressed as Haruhi.

Lol, you should import both of those models. Tongue

But yes, I believe there is.

1. Right click the skin modifier of an object from the rigged model.
    2. Copy it.
    3. Now open the un-rigged model that's similar.
    4. Make sure the objects are detached in the same way and paste the skin modifier onto the same object as the rigged model.
    5. The object on the new model should now be rigged in the same way. Repeat for all the other objects that are similar.

If you selected all the objects and added one skin modifier to all of them at the same time before rigging, you can just copy that skin modifier, open the unrigged model, select all the objects that are detached in the same way, and paste the skin modifier onto them at once.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

Awesome, I'll try that out this weekend (assuming that I can get at least one model finished and in high quality by the end of it).

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »

I think I'll hold off trying to import .dae models for quite a while yet. Why? For starters, moving the joints to blend/weight the vertices is frustrating the he** outta me off, especially when you need to have everything in their T-pose before you export.  Attempting to remember their exact default coordinates is a real PITA.  Never mind that getting them to weight properly is tedious in and of itself.  If there was a way to reset them to their default positions more efficaciously and somewhat quicker all the while maintaining one's vertex changes, I'd consider continuing.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:46:09 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Boygos Certified: Pokemon Master Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »

I think I'll hold off trying to import .dae models for quite a while yet. Why? For starters, moving the joints to blend/weight the vertices is frustrating the he** outta me off, especially when you need to have everything in their T-pose before you export.  Attempting to remember their exact default coordinates is a real PITA.  Never mind that getting them to weight properly is tedious in and of itself.  If there was a way to reset them to their default positions more efficaciously and somewhat quicker all the while maintaining one's vertex changes, I'd consider continuing.
    Still perplexed as to why I can't easily return the bones I adjust to their original positions once I'm finish blending/weighting the influence. Sure is a pain in the neck having to slide the frame back to 0 and readjusting then.

Are you sure you're using the animation frame properly? If you followed the instructions, then the model should be back to its default position when you slide it back to 0. You shouldn't have to do any further modifications to reset the model to its t-pose once you slide the frame back to 0. If you are, that defeats the purpose.

When I use the animation slider, I usually only move or rotate the bone in one direction at a time. This means that when I want to reset it back to normal, I only need to remember one coordinate. Better yet, I never actually physically try to remember it. That would be stupid. I always keep a notetab minimized so I can take notes, update my save log and to-do list, and keep track of coordinates if necessary.

Like I said earlier, you shouldn't have to remember any coordinates if you're using the slider properly. There are some times where I just want to make an easy rotation and I don't need to use the slider. That's the only time I need to write down the coordinates.

When rotating bones, a lot of times the coordinates are something easy to remember like (90, 0, 0). No big deal imo. The most annoying and challenging part is the rigging, not rotating the bones back to normal. lol

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I tried 3DS Studio Max 2010, the slider worked fine when resetting the positions but not in 2011 (also a recommended version according to various guides on these forums). I guess one can assume that I slide the frame to maybe 5 or 5, adjust the bone, blend it/weight it and once I'm done, slide it back to 0. Maybe I should take a gander at that guide again.

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »

You can set it to whatever slide # you want. If you set a key frame at 5, you'll notice that sliding it to frame #'s 1-4 will put your model in a pose between 0 and 5. That's why it's called an animation frame. If you want the animation to move from one position to the next at a slower pace, use a higher numbered frame # to set to the key frame. If you already knew this, my bad. I remember you asked this before, but I didn't know what it was then.

If moving the slider back to 0 doesn't reset the model to it's T-pose, you probably just forgot to hit the AutoKey button before rotating the bone. That's what happened to me several times, and I noticed that forgetting to hit AutoKey would really mess up the other frame #'s. The animation slider is purely optional, it's only intended to save time. I'm using 2012, but I'm this works for every version of 3DS Max.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

Weird. The UI settings just got jacked up, I no longer can select the skin modifier (the modifier window list disappeared). Happened right after the program crashed, too. How do I reset the settings?

Post Merge: April 11, 2012, 07:38:51 PM
    Fatal error, huh? Wonderful...

Hopefully this picture can explain better...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:39:46 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

FallenKing
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »

I don't think I had that exact same error, but I had an error somewhat similar, so I'm not sure if these solutions will help. This is a pic of the default settings when importing a model into Brawlbox:

What I do is uncheck "remap materials" and keep everything else the same. I kept getting this one particular error until I unchecked "remap materials", then the problem was fixed.

Sometimes, I also get errors for no apparent reason. It would happen after I replaced the brawl model with my rigged model in Brawlbox, and the error would pop up immediately after I tried to open the "ModelData", then Brawlbox would automatically close.

My solution to that was to simply get a fresh pcs/pac file and replace the brawl model with the rigged model exactly like I did before.

Maybe the model you downloaded is bad? Did you try to import the model into Brawlbox before doing any rigging? I always do this to be sure the model will work, since I don't want to waste any of my time rigging something that will never import.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25
    Print
    Jump to: