Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: DiddyKong's BRSTM copier *NEW UPDATE 2015-3-09* SOURCE CODE RELEASED  (Read 37533 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:47 PM »

Ok, now if you are a noob and can't get your music hacks to work because you didn't name it correctly, and/or are too lazy to look up a list, then this thing is for you!

DOWNLOAD (version 4.0)

Source Code (.gmk)

patch notes:

VERSION 4.0
    [MISC] Added an extended MP3 converter to convert brstms into extended MP3s to play on your iPod or other music player

[BRAWL] Added Tutorial mode (no excuse now for noobs finding the app too hard to use)

FULL sawnd bank engine mod support, program now auto renames sawnd files for you for what group its supposed to replace ( users dont get to pick who because sawnd data is group-specific) program can detect group ID from sawnd files

projectM and RSBE code sawnd  install supported!

ADDED a "what do I name this sawnd file?" option in the wrench menu so you don't need to ask us what its for or what to name it

*you must set brstm copier as the default program for opening sawnd files first and set your region, SD root, and weather its gecko, riivo, or projectM mods being used  simply double click the sawnd file by itself, and BOOM! insta install no extra work needed ( DOES NOT WORK WITH ROY AND MEWTWO GROUPS FOR PROJECTM SAWND FILES) group ID of sawnd file must be two letters max

VERSION 3.3
    [BRAWL] Extended sawnd support! you can associate the copier with sawnd files so you can open them right from your desktop to have them installed to the brsar
    I need help with getting the group IDs from sawnd files (sawndz seems to know the group ID just by reading the sawnd files) so i can have the copier auto rename them and put them in the SFX folder
    [BRAWL] ADDED a new save feature.  the last used root, region, and modset type preferences will also be saved to candy.bin so they can be pulled up when you boot the program with sawnd files

VERSION 3.2
    [GLOBAL] rick rolled version (timed to automatically fire april 1st, might fire on another song next year)

VERSION 3.1 rev 3
    [MKW] Revised built-in instruction book, adding a note on BRSTM's
    [BRAWL] added more BETA coding in preparation for a new preference save method
    [UI] coding for playing audio implimented (currently not public access, it runs on its own on certain days) if you can access the debug box, you can force it to play it and even replace the audio data in it

VERSION 3.1 rev 2
    [MKW] Added a CTGP SD save fix tool for users who are experiencing new saves in the new CTGP 1.03
    [MKW] BRSAR Patcher modified to patch for FF FF FF instead of 03 C0 00
    [MKW] BRSAR Patching procedure modified to loop a routine check until the BRSTM's are moved to a location where the patcher can properly patch the files

VERSION v3.0   
    [MKW] BRSAR patcher doesnt corrupt the BRSAR anymore (doesnt patch modded brsars)
    [MKW] final lap generator enabled by default
    Project M 3.0 support
    Minor tweeks to the engine

now locatable on the custom kart wiki

planned for future release:
    a) GCT/Riivolution configuration install for new users

b) TUTORIAL MODE: the "setup wizard" version of copying brstms

This should ELIMINATE all nooby questions about brstms on the SD

Select the ROOT LETTER of your SD card, click the flag and choose region before use

What this program does is asks you for a BRSTM OR SAWND file, then you pick a song NAME from the Stage-select icon

if you are sawnd injecting, click insert after

if you are installing brstms, click copy to SD and DONE!

screenshots for MKW mode:

this program tells you (at least tries to guess) what Type of drive is selected based on how much capacity is has.

you want to have the BLUE SD icon shown (for gecko or riivo),or  green SDHC (riivolution only),  if the HDD, or micro chip icon shows, you might have the wrong drive

it ALSO tells you how much space is left on the card and draws a bar to show it.  the program autosaves when you change the drive letter so it will remember the last drive selected next time you run it.

if you JUST want to set up the folder tree for BRSTMs, the create folders button will do that.

for noobiest of the noobs:  *MAKE SURE YOUR REGION FLAG IS CORRECT (IT WILL LOOK FOR RSBE/RSBP/RSBJ depending on the flag shown) *you DO NOT need to worry about the regional setting when dealing with project M, project M support can be activated via the wrench menu by changing modset

1) click blue SD icon and choose the drive letter your SD is on
    2) click the select file button and choose BRSTM
    3) Click set title button and choose the song it will go over
    4) CLICK copyyou are done (unless you have a failed SD)

if you need more help or more notes on the system press F1 for the enclosed instruction book

STILL need help,  press F1 ,

STILL STILL need help? BOO! go learn more

here is a copy of the in-app manual:

VERSION HISTORY:
    1.0  |  Initial Release
    2.1  | Bug fixes, MKW Support
    AUTO-HEXING - this only works with MKW mode
    SAWND support (auto backup, auto inject)
    hack delete option (if you want to revert to original)
    hidden feature that is pointless
    UI Unified
    2.3  | Pitch shifting feature fully functional and enabled!
    hidden feature thats pointless enabled - dont blame me for undercooking your steak on april....
    Program now cleans up all the way (except for Final_Lap.brstm) when its done processing the final lap brstm
    (reset settings by deleting your Diddz file then rerun the app to apply the variable additions)
    2.4 | batch sawndz injection FOR THE [censored]ING WIN!! fixed a bug where region ID kept resetting back to RSBE even if PAL ir NTSC-J was set when returning to the main screen from song select,  Custom MKW directory feature, whoever plans to use this with CTGP or SHWW is an IDIOT automatically, the default assumed directory is used by SHWW and CTGP
    2.5 | BRSAR Patching (BETA) special thanks to soneek  **RUN COPIER AS ADMIN FOR PATCHER TO WORK
    2.7 | BRSAR PATCHER NOW WORKS!! *DISABLE USC in windows vista and 7 before pressing F5 to patch it, remember to reactivate UAC if you are a securety paranoia after it patches.  PROJECT M RIIVO SUPPORT!
    ADDED the following feature:  right clicking the insert button rolls back the brsar to the last backup made
    changed the following feature: BRSAR patch is no longer automated upon close, press F5 to patch the brsar with updates! patcher doesnt care if you have custom voices from brawlbox, it will find the values to patch
    **version 2.7 was a private release for testing the added features, there were changes in the PMBR that now require more changes to the PM mode
    3.0 | Pressing F2 brings up the load brstm dialog while on the course picker in MKW mode for those wanting to manually load norms and final versions of songs, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE PROGRAM DO THE FINAL LAP FOR YOU, PLEASE CLICK LAKITU SO HE ISNT HOLDING THE SIGN UP
    ADDED set me up feature!, select install file patch for the gecko version, or install file patch for SDHC cards for the riivolution set!
    users have to edit the GCT in brawlbox and have the codes memorized, if there are special codes, they can be added to the program in later releases via a GCT menu to get select codes to just PASTE only, yes, simply choose code, go to your gct in brawlbox, add code, and PASTE, nothing messy to look at when looking for certain codes! at the moment, only file patch and sound bank engine are supported, the GCT this program installs will INCLUDE the gecko SFX code

*THIS PROGRAM FOLLOWS THE GECKO-COMPLIANT DIRECTORY! IF YOU ARE USING ANY LOADER OTHER THAN GECKO OR RIIVOLUTION FOR GECKO USERS (BY BEYONDYOU), THIS WILL NOT PROPERLY PLACE FILES, THIS MAY OR MAY NOT WORK WITH PROJECT M, BRAWL MINUS, or BRAWL PLUS, and does NOT work WITH the BrawlMods Folder on the SD ROOT
    If you are new to hacking brawl, please visit the chat, and click the link in the topic to get started,  if you do NOT have an SSBB disk (or broken wii drive) you will have to use gecko, DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE CODE ! you can install the file patch code (only) from the wrench menu

Ignore the random runtime error that occurs upon program close, it has something retarted to do with the auto-hex feature

HOW TO USE
    BRSTM   (GREEN FILE)
    1) load a BRSTM file
    2)click on select song and pick your song to replace
    3)select your region (USA is selected by default) *setting is IGNORED when in MKW mode
    4)pick the ROOT drive to use (make sure its your SD card)
    5) copy

**MKW users, the top boss thingy's theme will ALWAYS auto hex if final lap mode isnt turned on (check the cloud guy)

**** CAREFUL WHEN FINAL LAP MODE IS ENABLED - selecting an option copies it right away, and will overwrite the existing hack, you will be warnned beforehand if final lap mode is OFF and auto-hex is ON

SFX (SSBB ONLY) (RED FILE)
    1)Load a .SAWND file
    2)make sure your SD ROOT is selected (the drive letter chosen should be correct)
    3)MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY ON THE SD CARD OF SMASHBROS_SOUND.BRSAR
    4)INSERT, This will auto backup your BRSAR to C:\Brawlmods_ARC\backup.brsar.  the BRSAR on your SD card will be updated with the new pack injection
    ****NOTE: PAL USERS IN EUROPE, MAKE SURE THE SAWND PACK WAS MADE FOR YOUR REGION, MOST PACKS ARE MADE FOR NTSC, SINCE YOUR BRSARS ARE ORGANIZED DIFFERENTLY, LOADING AN NTSC SAWND INTO YOUR BRSAR WILL CORRUPT IT, THIS APPLIES VICE VERSA FOR NTSC USERS

BATCH SAWND INJECT
    1) COPY ( NOT MOVE - THESE DELETE DURING THE BATCH) all the sawnd files you want to insert into the batch_sawnd folder (program doesnt care what they are named)
    2) click batch insert
    3) done
    **some sawnd files (randomly) might not insert or the folder will be renamed for whatever strange reason, if a sawnd wasnt installed install it manually by loading it into the copier then clicking insert

ARCHIVING
    This program has a delete feature that will remove the selected song from your SD card, but not before archiving it to:

C:\Brawlnods_ARC\(insert today's date here)\

It's a nice feature in case you for some reason change your mind or didnt mean to delete, HOWEVER!! keep in mind that if you deleted one song, and on the same day, add another replacement for that song and delete it again, THE EXISTING ARCHIVED COPY WILL BE REPLACED!!!  The folder naming format for the automated organization is a date format of:  MM-DD-YYY and is very technical, so if you delete a hack late at night, and then delete another one AFTER MIDNIGHT, it will be archived to a new folder
    **MKW USERS, the delete functcion will affect BOTH normal AND final lap verions of the selected slot

MKW users your archives will go into C:\CTGP-BRSTM_ARC\(insert todays date here)\

Dear MKW users, this Program by default, will automatically generate a sped up version of the song you load into the program when you copy it to SD, probably making you more lazy, you can turn this off in settings, but you will have to toggle Fmode when you want to specify a final lap version of a song and copy just that version (you will need to load the file before selecting the course), Jingles and such will be auto-copied upon selection, and the file loaded will be forgotten (to prevent weirdos from causing it to produce a final lap version of the jingle LOL).
    I added in directory create for whatever requested apparent reason, but the program still ASSUMES CTGP OR the my stuff folder so it will make sense to go download that if you havent already  MULTICHANNELS ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THE PITCH-PRESERVE

If the banner at the TOP-LEFT is Brawl's banner, click it to toggle to MKW mode, the folder generation option is disabled in MKW mode, and ASSUMES the CTGP directories

Please note that when you pick an option for the TOP spinny guy boss thingy, the brstm is auto-copied, and if auto-hex is turned on, will replace that, AND the trophy run BRSTM slot right away because in CTGP, the award winning run slot is used as the final lap for SADX Twinkle Circuit
    and because jingles dont have final lap versions, gosh why would they lol, selecting those songs will also copy upon selecting them, overwriting what may already be there so BE CAREFUL

MODES
    This Program now supports auto file placement/naming for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and MarioKart Wii.  The Game being managed for is indicated by the game banner in the upper-right cornner and can be clicked on to toggle

THAT RANDOM BAR THAT CHANGES AS YOU ADD CRAP TO THE DISK
    That bar by the SD card is actually a visual representation of how much space is left on your Card, it will gradually turn red as free space depletes.  It should make managing songs and keeping track of how much you have left to work with more Unified.  It will be full and the free space will Read out -1 bytes if you have a broken or inexistant disk selected, additionally, the Disk Icon at the bottom-right corner will change to an HDD with a ? mark on it indicating it cannot tell what type of disk it is.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    if it is NOT copying anything, then you did something wrong, MOST LIKELY to be that you set a random letter and it WASNT the technical ROOT of your SD, and actualy another drive, you can CHECK the icon at the bottom-LEFT for verification, if it is ANYTHING OTHER THAN a BLUE or GREEN SD card, you got something wrong, if you picked D and its green, more than likely you picked the FACTORY RESET DISK on your HP computer, DONT COPY TO THIS, you MAY DAMAGE THE RESET DISK

IF ITS DOING DUPLEX COPYING OR NOT COPYING TO THE RIGHT NAME OR NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, THEN CLICK THE WRENCH AND CLICK FILE A BUG and tell me in my thread, if you are scared of a dead thread and unsure or something... click ABOUT instead and click the envelope to message me instead (YOU WILL NEED A KCMM ACCOUNT OR MKW.COM ACCOUNT depending where you got this program)

DAFAUQ!! THE UI IS UPSIDE DOWN WTFBBQ!!!!

LOL april fools =P  to shut it off and restore it, go to the wrench menu and toggle the obvious option, Toggle Troll

DAMMIT YOU GOT US GOOD! BLACKJAX TRIED THIS ON US AND IT DIDN'T WORK DAH HAIL!?

I are a clever fox! NING NING NING NING NING!!!
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:46:09 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »

This looks useful.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:13 AM »

hopefully the noobs will stop asking about the filenames for the music with this available to them...

by the way, any DX or such errors this thing gives before failing to launch is the SAME as the one that happens with sawndz, if anyone gets the D3D initialization error, refer to the information about sawndz having that    As I wrote this thing the same way that the Sawndz GUI was built

if you get s no sound card detected, sounds might not play, ignore this, the program doesn't play anything so sound cards serve no use to it
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:22:16 AM by Diddy Kong » Logged

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »

Nice job man! Now i don't have to google how to rename brstms for stages! Cheesy

I'm back after a long while.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »

i have all the names for the song but this will make it more easier for me  to do songs

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »

AWESOME!!!!!!!
    this is great, very usefull

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »

I belive this is alright given the condition and reason, but the app has been updated with the following fixes/improvements:

**Corrected a few song IDs that were wrong
    **Added cruel brawl (that went unseen somehow)
    **Added sawnd file support
    **Added support to work with adding songs to MKW
    **added autohex (press PG UP to use), this feature will speed up a song but using it this way will NOT back up your original

you can get the update here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pcb842zve673fzx

if there are any future problems with the program, please let me know
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:19:46 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

The link is broken Sad like Metanight

Ulala
    Expert Kitten

Wii Fit TRAINER is a HEALTHNUT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »

Okay, I'm a lazy reader but does this program rename song titles in-game?
    Like renaming Planet Colors to Funky Dealer?

EDIT: I didn't think people really need so much help with renaming files for them to work in-game 
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:47:02 PM by Toad75 » Logged

You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »

Okay, I'm a lazy reader but does this program rename song titles in-game?
    Like renaming Planet Colors to Funky Dealer?

EDIT: I didn't think people really need so much help with renaming files for them to work in-game  
    no it does not, i would have done that, but i am limited at programming and dont know how to parse msbin files

this basically removes the need to have the song list, and the update to it, adds MKW support for CTGP and actually modifies playback speed if you press PG up

and also makes sawnd injectino more streamlined by removing the need to have sawndz on the SD card, or copy the brsar back to the SD after injection, it also backs up the brsar on its own, and any brstms a user deletes through it
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:21:15 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Ulala
    Expert Kitten

Wii Fit TRAINER is a HEALTHNUT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 04:24:19 PM »

So I see... based on that edit, I assume that it works with MKW?
    Could I give you Mario Sports Mix BRSAR? Maybe you could look at it...? http://www.mediafire.com/?ul3414c2aqwgs6a

You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »

So I see... based on that edit, I assume that it works with MKW?
    Could I give you Mario Sports Mix BRSAR? Maybe you could look at it...? http://www.mediafire.com/?ul3414c2aqwgs6a
    ??? what do you want me to *try* and look at? blackjax is dealing with brsars right now,

the sawndz support i added, makes it lazier for one to insert sawnd packets (it depends on jaklub's sawndz app)

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »

hey diddy Smiley

before reading... Tongue
    I know your program allows you to change the pitch of a brstm w/o loosing the loop,
    but does it allow you to adjust the volume??

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »

hey diddy Smiley

before reading... Tongue
    I know your program allows you to change the pitch of a brstm w/o loosing the loop,
    but does it allow you to adjust the volume??
    no....
    i do not know how to do re-encodes.... if you could do db peak reads, and adjust in CMD, and apply ACID's volume and peak restore plugins in cmd, i might be able to...

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 05:23:37 AM »

I see...

dang if I was any good at GML or command-line programing, I'd have some suggestions for you >_<

if you like, you could help me help you out by building a BRSTM template for HexEdit.
    that way, I could figure out the format of a BRSTM, and help you to encode it better. Smiley

I'll post the HexEdit link and tell you how to crack it if you're interested, but if not, or you're too busy, then I won't bug you. Wink

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: