Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33
Author Topic: Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT  (Read 178262 times)
highonphazon
Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »

Still looking for a vertexer to help me with the Mega Sceptile model!  We could easily make it out of the current Sceptile one that I'm using.  Just need someone passionate enough to make some simple vertex edits and then apply some changed textures.  Plenty of space in FitLucario00.pac
    -Omni

Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 02:42:01 AM
    Wow this was a stressful day I was under the impression that Projected Smash Attacks had FIXED the "save" corruption problem evidently that is not the case lost about 70% of my work on Sceptile this morning just worked my ass off for the rest of it getting it all back and then some.  Up Special is being a bit odd but I think I know how to fix it but alas I've been coding for somewhere close to 8 hours and now I'm calling it quits for today.  Sorry beta testers I let you down but I'll be getting you all a copy of my current work midday tomorrow!  On the upside I included some new features since I had lots of time to adjust the code so I inputted a new canceling system for the specials and started work on the multimoveset concept.  Bullet Seed is being a [censored] and X-Scissors animation is quiet difficult with Sceptile's relatively short arms.  Don't expect ANY multi-moveset moves tomorrow but I'll be shipping the beta testers an updated version on Monday or Tuesday depending on how fast feedback is received, that version will include all the fixes they wanted as well as some multi-moveset moves.
    -Omni

DANG, sorry to hear that. I can't imagine losing my work with Dark Samus... 70%? I would've quit but glad to hear you've stuck it out.

I'll be sending some feedback later today too. I'm anticipating great graphical work!

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »

Here's some feedback on the current Sceptile beta. Mainly graphical comments:

Positive:YAY
    -Solarbeam looks great. Knockback feels about right
    -Down Smash looks good too.
    -Nice use of the chain whip  Grin

Negative:Areas to Re-examine
    -Aesthetically, I think the graphic for Earthquake ends too abruptly. If you could make it lasts a couple more frames, kinda like fade it out so to speak, I think that would look better.
    -I'm not sure if that's Giga Impact's final graphic, but if it is it could use some particle effects to spice it up.
    -You could maybe use the white ball glow graphic that happens as Samus' armor break for the Solarbeam charge up. Just a thought
    -Side tilt is a bit too fast for me to tell it's slamming with the tail.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:27:10 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: October 15, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »

Thank you Carnage and HighonPhazon here are the changes I'm making before the next beta release in addition to everything else I have planned:

-Neutral B gets added charging effects as well as disallowing horizontal movements.

-Side B gets a slight cooldown time to prevent it from being spammable

-Up B gets hitbox

-Down B I've got some ideas about the Earthquake GFX, normally it would look fine its just that I intentionally sped it up, instead I'll slow it down and have it operate independently from the subaction.

-I'll touch up his run speed and acceleration although as the highest speed stat of all starters and grass-type I think he deserves to move that fast, he's not supposed to be slow.

Up Smash: Aerial Ace is done so that will be in the next beta.

-Forward Smash: Frenzy Plant will get a revamp in animations soon and I'll host a poll whether it should suffer ending lag or self-damage, though to be parallel with the game version it's a clone of Hyper Beam which leaves the user vulnerable for a turn, which to me should be lag.

-Down Smash: I'll add a chargeup animation.

-All Aerials will be complete

-Giga Impact's GFX are undergoing change it'll be a spiraling cloak of yellow fire with a sphere of purple energy underneath.

Once again I'm still taking move suggestions, but for an update here are the add-on moves I have planned still:

Neutral B: Bullet Seed, can be held indefinitely has a bit longer range than Leaf Storm but deals much less damage per second in comparison good for halting approaches.

Side B: Giga Impact, a slower and stronger version of Leaf Rush allowing the option of turning it into a kill move rather than a damage racker.

Down-B: Mega Punch, Sceptile slugs the enemy with a fistful of energy if it connects the force of the blow generates a concussive blast of air from the pressure change that tosses nearby enemies and items away.  In the air Sceptile will drop to the ground and punch the ground releasing an AOE burst of air that pushes enemies away.

Side Smash: X-Scissor, Sceptile slashes its arms in an "X" releasing a similarly shaped burst of energy that travels a short distance, medium damage and high knockback.

Down Smash: Dragon Pulse, pressing A has Sceptile unleash a shockwave of blue energy around itself, while pressing B has it focus the blast in front of it dealing medium knockback and medium damage.

Down-Tilt: Swift, Sceptile unleashes a barrage of Star-shaped projectiles.

i might add some more, Seed Bomb, Double-Edge, Outrage and Dragon breath are all contenders.

These are some pretty extensive updates I encourage you to read the above and respond with your thoughts.
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: October 15, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »

alt of downB being mega punch just fells wierd i mean it would simply be a punch  a best alt of downB imo would be seed bomb spit a seed foward that would explode on contact kinda of deal.

so neutral B will have 3 move options? solarbeam,leaf storm and bullet seed?

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: October 15, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »

I thought about the option of 3 Neutral Specials, but I liked the whole idea of swapping and customizing his moveset midgame and having 3 negates the ability to mix and match on some level.  So it'll probably stay as is giving you an applicable defense out of the charging of Solarbeam.

Thought about Seed Bomb but that feels a bit strange, a thought was giving Double Team a new purpose that images of Sceptile would run left and right while the real one became invisible for a short time.  Though I had given some thought to Dragon Pulse or Protect.
    -Omni

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: October 15, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

a thought was giving Double Team a new purpose that images of Sceptile would run left and right while the real one became invisible for a short time. 

Just a random idea (haven't played a Pokémon game since original Red, and I never got to finish it ;_;), why not have him run right and left, and after a button input, have him turn into one of the clones and allow him to follow up with an attack.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:59 PM »

Just a random idea (haven't played a Pokémon game since original Red, and I never got to finish it ;_;), why not have him run right and left, and after a button input, have him turn into one of the clones and allow him to follow up with an attack.
    I like the idea the main restraining factor that acts as an obstacle for Double Team is the filesize of a clone model and I don't know how to do it with just the model in the FitCharacter00.pac
    -Omni

Large Leader

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: October 15, 2014, 08:14:25 PM »

I like the idea the main restraining factor that acts as an obstacle for Double Team is the filesize of a clone model and I don't know how to do it with just the model in the FitCharacter00.pac
    -Omni

It might bloat up motionetc file size. But why not have Sceptile (I think it is? Excuse my bad knowledge of Pokémanz) be animated to seem like he’s running back and forth by having him translate back and forth while having his model scale from 0.0001 to 1 every frame (so frame 10 has 0.0001 and frame 11 has 1). You’d probably have to also rotate his model by 180 so he can go back and forth.

Either that, or have extremely low poly version of him in the motion etc (optimize the hell out of that sucker) and animate them the same way like I described.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: October 15, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »

Already tried the 1st thing, that's just a pure "afterimage" style effect, I think if anything I'd just have him blitz with afterimages and be intangible, there's a much better chance that Sceptile gets the ability to Protect, with slight ending lag.
    -Omni

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »

that's just a pure "afterimage" style effect,

Excuse my knowledge (which from now on, I promise I'll try not to bring up), but isn't that what Double Team is? Kinda? A bit?

I mean, that's what it kinda was like in Pokémon stadium, although the afterimage was more transparent as opposed to flickering.

O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: October 15, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »

It really should be multiple solid clones of Sceptile that would not be able to actually damage the opponent but look like they're attacking, so the opponent would have to decipher which one is the real one amidst the chaos.
    -Omni

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #371 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »

It really should be multiple solid clones of Sceptile that would not be able to actually damage the opponent but look like they're attacking, so the opponent would have to decipher which one is the real one amidst the chaos.
    -Omni

I know that you might/will run into filesize issues, which is why I'm continuing to respond lol

Why not rig up lower poly versions of Sceptile onto the main skeleton and have a visibility bone set to them?

I'm assuming that you haven't reached the model file size on whoever Sceptile is over, of course.

O snap

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: October 15, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

I know that you might/will run into filesize issues, which is why I'm continuing to respond lol

Why not rig up lower poly versions of Sceptile onto the main skeleton and have a visibility bone set to them?

I'm assuming that you haven't reached the model file size on whoever Sceptile is over, of course.
    It's a good idea, it's just that low poly models would probably make it simple to differentiate between the fakes as well as I have some ideas that I think will better serve as alternate Down Specials  Wink
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: October 16, 2014, 03:00:36 AM »

yeah the issue with clones is the filesize they take out i would go for something less file consuming considering you want to add alot of moves and so on.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: October 16, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »

Just used one of my old tricks to compress my filesize by about 80kb, I'm about to go nuts on Sceptile with even more GFX.

Prepare for some hype up previews!

Revamping Solarbeam and Giga Impact GFX, retexturing Earthquake effects and slowing animation.
    -Omni

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33
    Print
    Jump to: