Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33
Author Topic: Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT  (Read 177175 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #450 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:46 AM »

cant wai to see how the model looks ingame.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #451 on: December 18, 2014, 07:59:46 AM »

Okay, being someone who has written quite a few Pokemon PSAs...I have a few things I want to say:

- The Specials selects for Nidoking seem rather haphazard in choice:

I mean, yeah, Nidoking can learn most of those moves. It's nice you paid that much attention to detail, but let me ask you a question:

Do the moves you've currently select or created, do they really characterize Nidoking as a character rather than some random monster with lots of powers?

This was something I ran headfirst into with my Clefable PSA idea a long while back, it was just a huge assortment of move it could learn the move choice was all over the place, it had no central theme.

With Nidoking, you've selected Ice Beam, Thunder, Giga Impact, and Earth Power / Sludge Bomb or Wave as specials, two of which is a move-swap thing. He can learn all of these moves, but do they fit Nidoking character-wise? A brute whose greatest asset is Physical Force? I'm not saying he shouldn't have any projectiles, that would be just silly.

-but the current moveset seems largely like just an assortment of Pokemon moves. Granted, I did that a lot with my Pokemon PSAs myself, but I also tried to be inventive. Use the Pokemon's physical characteristics or stuff from their Pokedex data as inspiration for new, made up moves, as Sakurai as done. Sometimes sticking only to Pokemon moves is far too restrictive on you for ideas.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #452 on: December 18, 2014, 08:39:59 AM »

Okay, being someone who has written quite a few Pokemon PSAs...I have a few things I want to say:

- The Specials selects for Nidoking seem rather haphazard in choice:

I mean, yeah, Nidoking can learn most of those moves. It's nice you paid that much attention to detail, but let me ask you a question:

Do the moves you've currently select or created, do they really characterize Nidoking as a character rather than some random monster with lots of powers?

This was something I ran headfirst into with my Clefable PSA idea a long while back, it was just a huge assortment of move it could learn the move choice was all over the place, it had no central theme.

With Nidoking, you've selected Ice Beam, Thunder, Giga Impact, and Earth Power / Sludge Bomb or Wave as specials, two of which is a move-swap thing. He can learn all of these moves, but do they fit Nidoking character-wise? A brute whose greatest asset is Physical Force? I'm not saying he shouldn't have any projectiles, that would be just silly.

-but the current moveset seems largely like just an assortment of Pokemon moves. Granted, I did that a lot with my Pokemon PSAs myself, but I also tried to be inventive. Use the Pokemon's physical characteristics or stuff from their Pokedex data as inspiration for new, made up moves, as Sakurai as done. Sometimes sticking only to Pokemon moves is far too restrictive on you for ideas.
    thenically due to sheer force nidoking best and most powerful moves are all special moves so it depends on what you mean with if it identifies nidoking.

Since i do competitive battling for me a nidoking main charactersitic is sheer force with earth power,sludje wave,ice beam and flamethrower/fire blast.

For ppl who only watch the anime nidoking is manly mega horn, mega punch  and manly just contact moves.

So the identification depends on the person actually knowing nidoking(stats ability and such) or just seeing the anime nidoking.
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:42:10 AM by Carnage » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #453 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:16 AM »

thenically due to sheer force nidoking best and most powerful moves are all special moves so it depends on what you mean with if it identifies nidoking.

Since i do competitive battling for me a nidoking main charactersitic is sheer force with earth power,sludje wave,ice beam and flamethrower/fire blast.

For ppl who only watch the anime nidoking is manly mega horn, mega punch  and manly just contact moves.

So the identification depends on the person actually knowing nidoking(stats ability and such) or just seeing the anime nidoking.
    yet the anime nidoking is more of a "character" where he has personality, or at least can have one, whereas in the games, it's just a tool used to win a game...

so, IN MY OPINION, a anime based moveset could be more interesting. (please note the phrase "in my opinion", you are completely entitled to your own, just as i am to mine.)

King Draco
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #454 on: December 18, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »

whereas in the games, it's just a tool used to win a game...
    Ouch.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #455 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »

Hey, congrats on getting that pesky tail fixed! Cheesy

Can't wait to see the screens!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #456 on: December 18, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »

Ouch.
    ouch indeed poor nidoking.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #457 on: December 18, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »

That's not really what Velen meant, Carnage. Smash doesn't usually take canon into consideration most of the time.

Take a look at my write up for Swampert's moveset (or any of my other Pokemon moveset write-ups), and you'll get a general idea of what Velen was talking about.

I share Velen's gripe because just because a Pokemon can learn said move, does that mean it should? I feel Pokemon movesets with that are just variations of moves the Pokemon can learn just make the moveset cluttered.

My suggestion for Omni is that he should look at Nidoking's physical features, and build his moveset off that, alongside the traits the Anime and Pokedex entries show for the said Pokemon.

But this is Omni's PSA, so he's the one that calls the shots with this moveset.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #458 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »

That's not really what Velen meant, Carnage. Smash doesn't usually take canon into consideration most of the time.

Take a look at my write up for Swampert's moveset (or any of my other Pokemon moveset write-ups), and you'll get a general idea of what Velen was talking about.

I share Velen's gripe because just because a Pokemon can learn said move, does that mean it should? I feel Pokemon movesets with that are just variations of moves the Pokemon can learn just make the moveset cluttered.

My suggestion for Omni is that he should look at Nidoking's physical features, and build his moveset off that, alongside the traits the Anime and Pokedex entries show for the said Pokemon.

But this is Omni's PSA, so he's the one that calls the shots with this moveset.
    i understood that but i prefer to see the pokemon use moves than randonly kick, punch on all directions becuase we already have anough of those chars ingame and i like the diversity of every move fell "diferent" rather than brawl standard punch foward, kick backl tail swipe left and so on, its all a matter of opinion.

I  like to see things diferent from the brawl standard moves some ppl prefer brawl style movesets, its all a matter of taste and i get your point of view and velen's but i prefer it the way omni is doing it tbh more pokemon canon in smash never hurts in my point of view considering all the brawl pokemons use the standard formula having some that stand out isnt that bad.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #459 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »

Alright I'm going to try not to throw more wood on the fire, but instead educate everyone a little bit on what I've been up to.

First off I apologize for not keeping the OP updated with the current moveset as the one on there is drastically different from the one I'm actually working on at the moment all though technically it's still under construction.

I've literally combed the internet for any anime on Nidoking there's not much but what I have found I've adapted into moves, as well as moves made by similarly shaped Pokemon for example Aggron.

I've taken his description about his hide and tail and also put those to use no worries I'll update the OP with his new and improved moveset soon.
    -Omni

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #460 on: December 23, 2014, 02:14:10 AM »

Bump

Alright here's some previews of Nidoking's final stages, huge thanks to Tabuu and Drogoth for making this model and rig possible!

He's nearing completion and beta testing WILL commence this weekend as a belated Christmas present to all the people willing to throw Bowser aside for a day and play as "The Drill" pokemon!
    -Omni

UPDATE: The moveset has been updated with the current one including all the new aspects.  I think I found the common ground between the "classic" Pokemon-move fanatics and the "unique" apparently more creative aspects of the moves.  This will force either type of person to play with Nidoking with an open mind and implore strategy from all types of moves.

Also just for the people who like to comment on the attack names, you don't possess a unique viewpoint or anything I consciously want you skimming over common titles of attacks so you read more into it and see that my twist on these moves is beyond what you would have expected or recognized.

On a somewhat lighter note this is an incredible PSA for graphics I had to custom make most of these and I think you're all going to thoroughly enjoy the show you can put on when you play as Nidoking.
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:05:40 AM by Omniscient X » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #461 on: December 26, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »

i wish you could take abit of belly to nidoking he looks abit too fat imo.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #462 on: December 20, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »

Well I'm back to finish Nidoking over the next month I'll update this thread with screenshots and adjustments to the moveset, it's nearly done I'm just going to polish it off with some nice aesthetic touches.

As always if you have any move suggestions you'd like to see Nidoking use please suggest them here, the don't have to be "moves" they can be something you created that's entirely new.
    -Omni

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #463 on: December 20, 2015, 04:52:06 PM »

If I recall correctly, a criticism that was pointed out was trying to fill Nidoking's moveset to the brim with moves it can learn, rather than having moves that fit the character.

Take my moveset plan for my planned Pokemon characters for example. Other than that, there's nothing else I can think of.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #464 on: December 20, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »

Hmmm well I was thinking of replacing a couple moves, I was thinking of giving his Side-B the customization capability I'm not sure if I like Toxic when I play with it I get the feeling it's too much of a Shiek-esque move.  So I was brainstorming and I thought about Sludge Wave, I liked the concept of some poison water I envisioned almost like a sludge/purple mud version of Hydro Pump.  Where Nidoking would expel a stream of sludge/acid that would have a simultaneous push and flower effect so the damage hitboxes would do no KB and the push ones would do no damage.  I'm definitely going to add a more physical option for the Side-B as well.  I know the Neutral Thunder/Ice Beam/Horn Drill seems like a clusterf*ck on paper but in-game it is really enjoyable to use, though Thunder needs more startup lag.

KJP, any specific suggestions you were thinking of? Even a concept idea would be great!
    -Omni

Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33
    Print
    Jump to: