Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33
Author Topic: Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT  (Read 177165 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #465 on: December 20, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Nidoking is defined by its sheer strength with its tail and venom-packed horn.

Design moves based around that concept. Though do more than just that. Add a punch/kick here and there. Get creative without going overboard. You could take a few inspirations from Charizard/Bowser if need be.

You could even have a mechanic in which every horn attack "poisons" the foe if hit with the tip or a defined sweetspot (flower effect).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #466 on: January 07, 2016, 02:24:07 AM »

So Nidoking's moveset just got updated, I'm nearing completion with him though I have to tweak a fair amount of moves.  However, as always I'd like input on the moveset and what everyone likes/dislikes BUT its nearly beta tester time!  Who has the guts to take Nidoking for a spin?  I'll need some detailed feedback as always, but I'm fairly certain you'll all get a kick out of playing with him I know I enjoy it!

I'll post some screenshots in a few days I'm going to finish my edits on his specials and smashes so the beta plays as smooth as I would like it to!

If you haven't already I recommend you go read the new moveset!
    -Omni

EDIT: I'll also be releasing Anubis and Sceptile with Nidoking when he's completed I never released them because in my mind they weren't "finished" but I think you guys will have a lot of fun with both of them so I'll throw them on the Vault in the near future.
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:25:43 AM by Omniscient X » Logged

RedipsTheCooler
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #467 on: January 07, 2016, 05:18:14 AM »

I could do it.

EDIT: how far along In production is sceptile? Or is this the wrong time to ask?
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:03:52 AM by Galvatron » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #468 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:11 AM »

I'd also love to test Nidoking. His moveset always intrigued me, I wanna see just how viable it is in-game.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #469 on: January 07, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »

I'm willing to test as well,
    I'm not a humongous mega fan of Pokemon, but due to my non biased nature, i can give the best input.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #470 on: January 07, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »

i havent been on this website in ever. i come back and see you are still working. thats awesome! Cheesy

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #471 on: January 07, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »

Nidoking's my favorite Pokemon! I never thought people would have interest in making such a thing as this, so I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to see more of this.

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:38 PM »

I would love to test out Nidoking as well.  One of my favorite ground types and it's pretty diverse in typing.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #473 on: January 08, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »

You are releasing Anubis as well? Omg finally, I have waited forever Cheesy So we are getting not one, not two but 3 new characters? All aboard the hype train!

You Never Know!

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #474 on: January 09, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »

Yes, 3 separate characters but I warn you all now that Anubis has some moves I never changed from Ike, a couple tilts and aerials but I know someone will pick it up and fill in the gaps.

Sceptile is a bit overpowered and could use someone's touch for balancing.

So Nidokings progress is steady, I need to rebuild the Side-B still and tweak the Neutral-B and animations are done on the aerials.  I'm probably at 75-80% right now obviously the beta will come out at 100%.

Current beta tester list is as follows:
    -TravixMan
    -PsuedoTypical
    -UltraxWing
    -HypnotizeScourge
    -Galvatron

Anyone else is still welcome to join the list just post and I will add you to it.
    -Omni

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #475 on: January 09, 2016, 06:56:53 PM »

What if Nidoking's Horn Drill moved diagonally when used in the air and in return lost some of its power. It doesn't look like Nidoking has any recovery options whatsoever.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #476 on: January 09, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »

I should say, Omni, I'm probably not the best beta tester. I play PM mostly and I don't even have a vBrawl build that could work with him. I'm still gonna watch this play out and see if I can come up with something so I can use him later. Smiley

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #477 on: January 09, 2016, 07:22:33 PM »

@PsuedoTypical well give it a shot if it doesn't work then no worries.

@OmegaFalcon Nidoking's lack of recovery is a deliberate move on my part, I built his D-Air so that when you combine it with his midair jump he can recovery effectively.  This is so that it takes skill to play with him efficiently and also discourages the abusing of Earthquake from a double jump.  It further makes players learn to short hop with him (Yes I changed his short hop capabilities from Bowser's original ones) in order to effectively wield his air game, which is a considerable portion of his playstyle. 
    Despite all this I must say I like the Horn Drill idea, I've considered changing it a couple times but I do like where it's at now.  I'll make edits to his armor and/or rolls to disable any weaknesses from cheap KOing like lightly spiking off an edge after a grab.  Mostly thats what the beta is for so people play with him and find out any glaring strengths or weaknesses that weren't deliberately created!

Any move suggestions are more than welcome to be shared here, I believe the input of others will help me make a well-rounded character out of Nidoking.
    -Omni

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: January 14, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »

Sorry for the wait guys, I meant to update the thread sooner.

I have the tilts almost exactly how I want them:

-I added a new netural jab with Nidoking stabbing forward with his horn doing poison damage and the second move of the jab is a horn swing upward from the jab tossing opponents into the air to set up for an aerial chase.
    -The F-tilt is now a stomp that causes a small hitbox near Nidoking's foot to become a spike with almost set low knockback with the purpose of being a tool to interrupt approaches, set up for forward smashes and punish recoveries from the edge.

The smashes need a little work because after a couple complaints of how distorted Nidoking looks in Bowser's idle stance I remade most of the animations so I have to go back and redo the smash attack animations as well as some of the specials.

Please as always feel free to ask questions or leave suggestions.
    -Omni

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #479 on: January 14, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

I can't wait to see what you've done with this since I haven't really followed since my godawful rig for him. XP

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33
    Print
    Jump to: