Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultimate file copy program! V2.2 - one-touch sawndz support added  (Read 4965 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: April 12, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

IF YOU ARE NEW TO BRAWL HACKING, PRESS F1 IN THE PROGRAM AND READ, before complaining to me it's not working

IF YOU PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED THIS, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD AS THERE WAS A CRITICAL UPDATE TO THE STAGE PORTING FEATURE INVOLVING A TYPO IN THE REL NAMES
    Download

UPDATE: you can now associate a .sawnd file with BFC for one-touch SD BRSAR updating!  all you'd have to do is open the .sawnd file, and everything from backups to putting the brsar on your SD card is taken care of automatically - To use this feature you will have to RESELECT your SD drive letter AND region, the program now saves a copy of that data to the system registry as the DRIVESAV file also worked the way emulator savestates do - which would bypass the brsar-handling lines of code

SAWNDZ IS REQUIRED TO UTILIZE THE ONE-TOUCH FEATURE - BFC only send the command-line arguments to sawndz

well with this program I aim to eliminate all questions from noobs about what to call the file or where to place it, this is a step up from the brstm copier and deals with the rest of the hacks!

Version History:
    V2.2
      Added the ability to operate sawndz.exe by double clicking a .sawnd file - this will REALLY pamper the noobs now.. though I STILL recommend using sawndz- the auto sawndz feature is ONLY for sfx downloaders, not creators
    V2.1
      Fixed a typo in the rel variable for STGORPHEON as it was set at DXSTADIUM LOL FAIL =P
      Fixed the paramaters for manual rar-extraction override as it wasn;t making the folder to extract to as it was a picky ass command-line and wanted backslashes

V2.0
      Added stage Porting (BETA)
      Added auto rar extraction to uncompress the bajillion RELs from the application
      Added RAR-extract manual overide, Type unrar and the easter egg trigger handler will bring the dialogs up
      Corected some REL names as there is only ONE REL per stage, despite a few having 3 stage files for them
      Fixed a typo in some of the variables dealing with stage copying as I accidentally left out .PAC from the name
      added another easter egg, it requires a specific hardware plugged in for the eggs to trigger (restart the application after unplugging it to undo)
    V1.2
      added Battle Portrite copy feature (BRRES selection)
      added strap copying
      added menu copying
      added common5.pac and common3.pac copying
      BRSAR and THP actions now indicate that it is copying
      Fixed unset region bug, region folder was not set set upon first time using the program, it now sets RSBE (USA) as the default region upon first load
    V1.1
      added NTSC-J and PAL riivo configurations to the riivo option; fixed the eater egg intication; added 1 easter egg
    V1.0 (Initial Release)

*it is unconfirmed that a USB card reader might not work with this and the BRSTM copier and presents a windows No Disk error

what it does is takes a chosen file, and copies it to the SD (or other drive) in the correct place with the correct name.

WARNING! don't go selecting let's say, an stage hack, BRSAR, CSP/BP, THP  and then attempt to send it to the wrong place (E.g: select a stage, and put it in a fighter location), you will cause brawl to crash

also, for noobs, listen up,if you wan't to copy a stage over anywhere else but the original base, select your choice in STAGE  then select the BASE STAGE HACK WAS INTENDED FOR under the PORT STAGE option, you will be warned only once, and the copy will take place automatically, and if a hack inclused a blahblahlbah.rel file, you are to select that and choose "REL" in the program before copying

misuse of the program may ruin your enjoyment of brawl as it will go BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

unlike the other programs for brawl hacking, this one has something unique about it... depending on the keyboard activity, different things will change in the program

example, type "ssbm" to change the background....  (good luck figuring out the rest)

[color=limegreenIf you find bugs or problems, post them here, and PM me the game_error_log.txt file.  the route values update every time the left mouse button is pressed[/color]

below is a copy of the in-program manual:

DEH MANUAL
    Program by Diddy Kong
    Version 1.0

If you are new to brawl hacking, READ everything, or you will run into problems

**keep track of your setup, the program does not check if a file already exisits before writing, if one exists, it will be overwritten without notifying you

This program will copy any brawl hack and name/place them in the correct areas of your SD card, you just need to work with the correct ones (E.g: by not selecting a stage hack and then choosing to place it on a fighter costume, this is nonsense and will crash brawl upon load)

Keep in mind what character the hack was intended for, and this program will NOT "port" a character to work over another one, it only copies them and renames them (if the hacker say, called the link hack "myawesomehax.pac" instead of "fitlink00.pac")

*Keep in mind you should ONLY choose PCS copying for a PCS file, we can run into problems if I simply change the file type  (I cannot make a safety net for brainless noobs yet because I don't know how to make it detect only the ending part of the file (where the type information is) and compare it to what it's about to do)

How to use:

1) set the drive where the SD is located using the blue SD card icon

2)click load file and choose a brawl hack (BRSTMs are excluded, I already have a program that deals with that and I don't have the source code for it to integrate into this one)

3a) fighter: click fighter, and select the character that hack was created for (this program does NOT convert or port PSAs, Models, or textures)
    then choose the color/costume to replace (costumes don't matter, as long as the character chosen matches the one the hack is for) select the file's type (PAC or PCS - this MUST match) If you are unsure of the costume option, pick original (which will overwrite the previous costume for that character)

3b) Stage:  Left click for brawl stages, right click for melee stages.  Choose the stage the hack was made for (CHECK THE PORT SECTION OF THIS GUIDE TO USE A STAGE OVER ANY OF YOUR CHOICE), and choose the file's type (PAC for the stage, REL for the porting file)

3c) SFX: select the smashbros_sound.brsar file and it will be copied right away

3d) Movie hacks: select the THP, then choose what movie to replace, there will be a limited option as the subspace movies are 99% ignored when a hack is made.  KEEP NOTE OF THE LENGTH OR INSTRUTIONS BY THE UPLOADER, BRAWL WILL CRASH AT THE END IF A LONG HACK IS PUT OVER A SHORT MOVIE

3e) CSS/item hacks:  before taking a single item and copying it, STOP. you must insert it into the common3.pac file with brawlbox FIRST.  Choose the common5 or common3 file, click Common and choose 5 for CSS, 3 for items

3f) Menu/strap: Load a menu or strap hack, then click on Menu or Strap respectively

4)click copy (or move) and you are done for that file

STAGE PORTING:
    1) click stage, and select the stage you with to replace with the hack
    2) click Port Stage and choose ORIGINAL STAGE the hack was designed for
    3) the rel used to port the stage will be copied, and then your download will be copied over to that stage

*DO NOT go porting while you have a fighter file loaded, The stage porter only supports NTSC as the preset files are for NTSC,  You will need to extract the contents of PORT.rar to the program's directory (Auto-extract has NOT been implimented - unrar.exe is being a [censored] with the paramaters)

Credit goes to libertyernie for his auto-edited rel application, so I could package all combinations into the program, Disclaimer: this program is in no way meant to replace or compete with his rel-porter, this is in place for the LAZY ASS people

FAQ/troubleshooting:

Q:I got a pcs file, and chose fighter PAC, brawl now goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WTF!?
    A: like I stated above, DO NOT choose a PCS file, then have it copied as  a PAC, the extension MUST MATCH,

Q:the hack is not working, or goes BEEEEEEE after selecting a stage or going to brawl/classic/HRC/training!
    A: either you caused extension crossover (PAC to PCS or vice versa), OR (most likely) it's a bad hack, turn it's ass in by returning to the hack page, and reporting it. (if you use gecko and go to report SFX not working or movie not working, STOP SFX and THPs  DO NOT WORK UNDER GECKO you must use riivolution, click Riivolutionize my SD to switch over to the riivo setup (you will not need to do anything on your part for the switch),  you then run brawl through riivolution instead of gecko or ocarina, your cheat codes will still be loaded.

Q: I keep getting the welcome message / my last drive used keeps resetting!
    A: Do not delete the DRIVESAV.sav file, this is loaded upon program launch

Q:where is the BRSTM copy option?
    A:I have a program for that already, when you launch this one, BRSTM copier.exe will appear in the same folder as this one, use that, it's stable and bug-free, I don't want to recode it from scratch and have bugs up the ass to deal with just to have it integrated in this one

Q:brawl not loading hax!
    A: well, to start, are you using a non SDHC card?  4GB and up is NOT supported by brawl.  second, are you usisng the correct FPC or even copying for the correct region?  if you are in europe, you shouldn't be putting things in RSBE folder, it shold be RSBP, set the right region.  *SFX and VOICE hacks do NOT work with gecko, same goes for movie hacks, if VOICE and SFX is your peoblem, then riivolutionize your SD

Q: my friend tried this and it wouldn't launch, it said something about Direct X or 3D or some other jazz...uh...  DRAWING SURFACES.
    A:please refer to the same issue happening with Sawndz, the computer has to be able to launch games, this program runs of a code pattern used by games and requires a graphics card with 3D blending, (dunno what that means? in other words, get a better computer)

Q:(question/answer hidden so the in-program one's joke will work)
     I will List what files are encoded in this program:
    -RSBE.xml (riivo file)
    -Beyondriivolution.xml (riivo file) (+JAP and PAL versions)
    -codehandler.bin (ocarina file)
    -codes.xml (riivo file)
    -boot.elf (riivolution)
    -icon.png (riivolution homebrew icon)
    -meta.xml (riivolution description for homebrew)
    -BRSTM Copier.exe (my BRSTM copier, this will not be deleted when you exit the program)
    -unrar.exe (obvious what this is for)
    -PORT.rar (stage porting depends on this)

still chickening?  L2HACK brawl noob!

Q:WTF are all these files that popped up when I opened the program?
    A:those are riivolution's files, they are there so the program can riivolutionize your SD card so you can load Voice or movie hacks as they do not work with gecko, they will be removed when either:  you riivolutionize OR you close the program, they will ALWAYS be unloaded when you run it, but they are removed on program exit to take away the excess files that didn't copy over or if you never use them

Q: where is hanebow what'sitcalled in the list?
    A: it's the one labeled The [censored]ty stage

Q: [censored]ING UPSIDE DOWN WHATTHE[censored]!!
    A: April fools!! type reset and it will go back to normal within 10 seconds, to reactivate it, type aprilflip, typing reset will undo all easter eggs

Q: wait what, there are easter eggs in the program?
    A: yes, but I am not telling you what to do to trigger them, some say its the keyboard... feel free to discuss them in the program's thread LOLOLOL!

Q: I want BRSTM copying WHERE THE HELL IS IT!
    A: i already said it's a separete program... are you lazy? hold control and press B

Q: wait, if this thing can copy the BRSAR to the SD card, sawndz can back it up, why wasn't sawndz programmed to copy it to SD?
    A: because detecting the SD card and obtaining it's drive letter can't be programmed in GML and programming the drive selection is drafting away from BRSAR-editing in the programming, hence why it wasn't embedded in sawndz.. wait why would you ask me this, jaklub made sawndz, not me lolololol, although the sawndz GUI was built under the same coding this, and the brstm copier was, GML.  It would be really cool though if sawndz had that for one-touch SD updating.

Q: can I patch sfx?
    A:no, please use sawndz for that, I am NOT permitted to copy jaklub's code so don't ask me to integrate BRSAR patching.

T1: program complains about my choice being the main disk for the computer
    S: it is only advising you  that that will NEVER be the route to an SD card, you can still use it, the hacks will appear in the private folder in your C drive, nothing bad.

T2: I am getting a message about the D drive being one I shouldn't touch, WHY?! what where!?
    S: on almost all HP computers, the disk is seen as 2 drives by the computer, the D drive area contains information you would find on the factory reset disk, if you have a built-in recovery disk in the computer, DO NOT USE THIS DRIVE you could damage the factory reset files and will have to spend money on a new computer or repairman fees if you get a perma virus, Perma Blue screen of death, or some other  use-breaking crap.  other than that, if you don't have the recovery section, by all means use it

T3: It's not letting me copy anything now..
    A: I programed a little disk check, if you have less than 16MB of free space left, it will not let you copy anything, besides, what more hax besides a few texture hacks would fit with 16MB?  You can get a bigger SD (up to 2 GB) or free up some space, which probably has to do with vault data located in RSBE>al (st / rp)  or perhaps you have a bajillion homebrew apps? dedicate another SD to the apps useless to brawl or HD replays

T4: somethings not right, 2 or more options do/copy/name the exact same thing...
    S: I have about 800 lines of code to double check, there is a high chance I missed or. overlooked something, let me know in the programming thread about it, in the meantime, ONLY IF YOU KNOW GML, you can overide the program's coding and execute the...correct code...your...self... wait wouldn't it be faster to manually name the file anyway? well if you are a brawl hack noob, but know GML, you might have a chance, or end up turning this program into a jukebox WTF LOL BBQ

Hold CTRL and HOME simutaneously to bring up the code execution dialog, type the code in to be carried out, bue careful, if you recklessly use this or make a mistake in the file commands, you might delete something important  ANYTHING YOU DO WITH THIS FEATURE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK and I am not to blame for your actions using the code executer

if you MUST know the file-handling variables, ask me in the thread, though I don't know why you would need them in the first place...

T5: it's not copying to my SD!
    S1: are you SURE a valid drive is selected?  if the free space meter reads -1bytes, the disk is either corrupted or inexistent.  select another drive.
    S2: Are you sure the drive is the SD's root?

T6: Riivolution doesn't WORK! / hax don't load / I freeze at the strap screen!
    A1: you need a special setup for Brawl Plus, if this is your case, this program is useless to you.
    A2: if you are NOT using Brawl plus or Brawl Minus, and are having issues, then I am afraid, you are one of those few unlucky people who can't use riivo for anything, Do an ISO inject or stick without the VOICE/THP hacks (I cannot Help you with ISO injection).

T7: Stage Porter is not copying the REL!, it copied the PAC file though.
    S: did you delete anything in the STGPORT folder? if you did, delete the battlefield folder in there, and the next time to attempt to port a stage, it will restore the files (answer yes to all in the CMD window); or delete the STGPORT folder altogether and the files will be restored, A check for the battlefield folder within the STGPORT folder is performed every time before letting you pick the base stage and extracts them from the RAR file is it doesn't exsist

Change Log:
    V2.0
      Added stage Porting (BETA)
      Added auto rar extraction to uncompress the bajillion RELs from the application
      Added RAR-extract manual overide, Type unrar and the easter egg trigger handler will bring the dialogs up
      Corected some REL names as there is only ONE REL per stage, despite a few having 3 stage files for them
      Fixed a typo in some of the variables dealing with stage copying as I accidentally left out .PAC from the name
      added another easter egg, it requires a specific hardware plugged in for the eggs to trigger (restart the application after unplugging it to undo)
    V1.2
      added Battle Portrite copy feature (BRRES selection)
      added strap copying
      added menu copying
      added common5.pac and common3.pac copying
      BRSAR and THP actions now indicate that it is copying
      Fixed unset region bug, region folder was not set set upon first time using the program, it now sets RSBE (USA) as the default region upon first load
    V1.1
      added NTSC-J and PAL riivo configurations to the riivo option; fixed the eater egg intication; added 1 easter egg
    V1.0 (Initial Release)

Things I might add:
    automatic stage copy (automatically detects stage destination on card)
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:07:30 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »

nice

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »

Not a noob but this makes it easy for song replacig without fetching notepad.  Haven't tried it, but after reading the OP I feel that I should try it ^,^

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »

Not a noob but this makes it easy for song replacig without fetching notepad.  Haven't tried it, but after reading the OP I feel that I should try it ^,^
    if you haven't downloaded my BRSTM copier, and download this one, Press CTRL+B to launch it, the program will freeze until the brstm one is done (this freeze is on purpose to lift some stress off the CPU)

adampitt
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »

I have never tried it but would like to try it soon.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: